All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

Tweet: @GopherGridiron: Senior LB Spencer Reeves will be wearing #51 today in honor of Gary Tinsley #GT51 twitpic.com/auts4w

Go Gophers!!

Game 3: Gold on Maroon

What are the reviews of the new gold on maroon jerseys?

Go Gophers!!

Game 3: Gold on Maroon

What are the reviews of the new gold on maroon jerseys?

Go Gophers!!

They need to have the player's name on them, particularly with the way this bunch changes uniform numbers

I've seen a picture of a gold jersey #26 from the State Fair. Anyone know where one can buy a jersey that's not #5?

magpie said:
I've seen a picture of a gold jersey #26 from the State Fair. Anyone know where one can buy a jersey that's not #5?

Goldy's Lockerroom at the stadium.

What do we think we will go with on Saturday night? I certainly hope we DO NOT go maroon on maroon at night. I would go traditional maroon over gold or maroon over white for the night game. We will not go gold over gold, will we???

Please please please never Maroon over white. Or gold over white for that matter. I know it is just a matter of time because if there is a uniform combo... they will use it. I'm just not a fan of white pants at home. I'm fine with either gold or maroon pants Saturday night. My guess is they will go maroon over maroon. But that is just a guess/hunch.

Will we ever go all gold? I'd be curious to see what that looks like. I bet we go all maroon Saturday.

I get the sense that the customary rotation will be maroon/gold for home games, white/white for road games, and gold/maroon for "special" occasions. I'm not sure why, but I get the sense that these will almost exclusively be the ones we see.

(Watch, now they'll come out in maroon/maroon for this week's game.)

I hope they stick to the traditional Maroon over Gold. Watching the team in that combo given the old school inspired numbers looks like I am watching old film from the 60's or something. Like there should be the NFL Films music in the background.

Gold over Maroon would really "pop" under the lights and on TV, but save that for "special" games as was deemed the original intent of the gold jersey. If they were to go all gold, might as well go all in and get a matte gold helmet (that would look....interesting). Not sure about all Maroon. The Brewster Uni's always reminded me of Iowa when we played in all maroon at night, not really sure why. They just did.

When the jersey combos were released, I thought maroon on maroon was one of the better combos. Not sure how the lights would affect that, but I'd definitely like to see them.

Please please please never Maroon over white. Or gold over white for that matter. I know it is just a matter of time because if there is a uniform combo... they will use it. I'm just not a fan of white pants at home. I'm fine with either gold or maroon pants Saturday night. My guess is they will go maroon over maroon. But that is just a guess/hunch.

Because white pants at home was never part of our tradition, right? I think the white pants at home look sharp, especially the throwbacks for a few years ago. I am sure there is a photo back in this thread. Also, I thought the white pants offered a good contrast against USC and NDSU at home the last couple of years.

I get the sense that the customary rotation will be maroon/gold for home games, white/white for road games, and gold/maroon for "special" occasions. I'm not sure why, but I get the sense that these will almost exclusively be the ones we see.

(Watch, now they'll come out in maroon/maroon for this week's game.)

I get the sense that we will go back to a mix of both maroon and gold pants on the road with this new set of unis. I think we go with the maroon pants at Iowa.

For those concerned about the gold over gold combination it has been said that that is not one of the combinations in the rotation. If I remember right gold over white isn't either so the only pants that would be worn with the gold jerseys would be maroon. I can't say that with 100% certainty but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that and I know that gold over gold is not an option.

Edit: never mind about gold over white, that was one of the combinations that was unveiled initially. Here are the uniform combinations: http://www.nikeblog.com/2012/01/23/new-minnesota-football-uniforms/.

My take: Maroon/Gold- home. White/Maroon- away (HATE white/white) and Gold/Maroon or Gold/Gold- for special home games

I hope they stick to the traditional Maroon over Gold. Watching the team in that combo given the old school inspired numbers looks like I am watching old film from the 60's or something. Like there should be the NFL Films music in the background.

Gold over Maroon would really "pop" under the lights and on TV, but save that for "special" games as was deemed the original intent of the gold jersey. If they were to go all gold, might as well go all in and get a matte gold helmet (that would look....interesting). Not sure about all Maroon. The Brewster Uni's always reminded me of Iowa when we played in all maroon at night, not really sure why. They just did.

well, if you were actually watching film from the 60's you would see them in maroon jersey and white pants at home. which schnauzer apparently hates and hopes they never wear. not maroon jersey with gold pants. also, they would be with white helmet and player numbers on the side of the helmet.

i have to strongly disagree with schnauzer on his disdain for the maroon jersey, white pants combo. imo, maroon jersey, white pants, black cleats, black socks is a bad ass looking combo.

When the jersey combos were released, I thought maroon on maroon was one of the better combos. Not sure how the lights would affect that, but I'd definitely like to see them.

not a fan of maroon on maroon. i think too much of the same dark color looks kind of bad. like when the vikings have stupidly worn purple pants with purple jerseys in the past. they just looked like giant grapes running around.

Home: Maroon on Maroon, Maroon on Gold, or Gold on Maroon only. (jerseys and pants respectively)
Away: Strangely I don't like the white jersey/gold pants combo at all. I would prefer white jerseys/white or maroon pants.

They are gonna look so mean with the helmets and the black face mask and the maroon on maroon under the lights. It should be electric in that stadium especially since Iowa lost. Can't wait to see it on TV.

Maroon on maroon...
So full of awesome!!!

For you 19...."Stay Gold Pony Boy stay Gold".

All we are saying....just give all Maroon a chance!

Not as bad as white/white
Not as bad as gold/gold

Not as good as maroon/gold

Go Gopherski's

Top Bottom