All Things NCAA Tournament Games

Miami was +15 over the last several minutes while being out of timeouts. See coaches, you can trust your players sometimes.
I'd love it if basketball went down to one timeout per team per half. The end of close basketball games should be exciting, instead they are some of the most boring moments in sports.

And brought three of his players from the D2 school with him to FDU. Unreal. Coaching matters.
If they are doing this in year 0, they are doomed. MNJay knows they are off the Clem Haskins plan. Poor decision for a new coach to have this success his first year. What really matters is if he recruited enough wingspan.

It's downright depressing to see so many guys from late-stage Pitino thriving and playing key roles on teams who are advancing in the tourney. Those last couple teams of his had serious talent! Anyone who says you can't recruit talent to Minneapolis is dead wrong.

And brought three of his players from the D2 school with him to FDU. Unreal. Coaching matters.
Definitely. Also a perfect matchup against a team that was trying to lose, it felt like.

The turnovers ... unbelievable! Ball bounces of Edey's head. Can't make it up!

They tried to lob it into him, and one or two of their guys would be like little snakes in the grass waiting to strike it out of his hands before he could put it up.

It's downright depressing to see so many guys from late-stage Pitino thriving and playing key roles on teams who are advancing in the tourney. Those last couple teams of his had serious talent! Anyone who says you can't recruit talent to Minneapolis is dead wrong.
Can't?? No. Doubt anyone says that.

Statistical bias against us, more than any other Big Ten program? Yes, due to the worst combination of factors that determine average (in a statistical sense) success in recruiting.

Definitely. Also a perfect matchup against a team that was trying to lose, it felt like.

They tried to lob it into him, and one or two of their guys would be like little snakes in the grass waiting to strike it out of his hands before he could put it up.
Yeah I thought the same thing, Purdue looked, slow, sloppy and not good at all.

I first saw Greenlee on video of that foreign trip the team took in the summer before his freshman year. He was noticeable and looked good but Pitino played him only 50 minutes in his freshman year. I don't know what other reasons he had for leaving but that fact that he rarely left the bench had to have an effect. That's on Pitino. The very next season he played 672 minutes for FAU in his home state.

I first saw Greenlee on video of that foreign trip the team took in the summer before his freshman year. He was noticeable and looked good but Pitino played him only 50 minutes in his freshman year. I don't know what other reasons he had for leaving but that fact that he rarely left the bench had to have an effect. That's on Pitino. The very next season he played 672 minutes for FAU in his home state.

Tough to play much as a freshman when you're behind Marcus Carr, Gabe K, and Peyton Willis. He has been a nice role player for FAU, but his playing time has decreased this season as the team has gotten better.

Can't?? No. Doubt anyone says that.

Statistical bias against us, more than any other Big Ten program? Yes, due to the worst combination of factors that determine average (in a statistical sense) success in recruiting.
"Don't tell me the odds!"

Tough to play much as a freshman when you're behind Marcus Carr, Gabe K, and Peyton Willis.

Yet Pitino was able to find 503 minutes for the awful Tre' Williams in his freshman year. Williams played 503 minutes as a freshman here and 502 as a sophomore. The following year, he played 279 minutes for a 3-28 Oregon State team and he played 153 minutes for Tulane this season. He averaged an execrable 6.2 Player Efficiency Rating for his four seasons and a putrid 42% True Shooting Percentage.

I will never understand people not showing up for the first game of the session even if your team is playing second. You paid for the tickets.

Yet Pitino was able to find 503 minutes for the awful Tre' Williams in his freshman year. Williams played 503 minutes as a freshman here and 502 as a sophomore. The following year, he played 279 minutes for a 3-28 Oregon State team and he played 153 minutes for Tulane this season. He averaged an execrable 6.2 Player Efficiency Rating for his four seasons and a putrid 42% True Shooting Percentage.

Tre was bigger and a better defender that could defend 2/3's that Greenlee couldn't with his small stature.

why again could the Gophers not bring in Dutcher?
I’ve been using my scream pillow during this game knowing we could’ve had Dutcher because Dutcher wanted us. His team is impressive defensively and out working opponents. I wish we had anything close to that. Now I’m going to go back to screaming profanities into my pillow.

Purdue didn’t do themselves any favors with their 3 point shooting.

I’ve been using my scream pillow during this game knowing we could’ve had Dutcher because Dutcher wanted us. His team is impressive defensively and out working opponents. I wish we had anything close to that. Now I’m going to go back to screaming profanities into my pillow.
It's not like it was a situation where he'd need to be talked into or or lured with obscene amount of money either. They had a fish ready to jump in the boat, but they pulled up the anchor and sped away.

It's not like it was a situation where he'd need to be talked into or or lured with obscene amount of money either. They had a fish ready to jump in the boat, but they pulled up the anchor and sped away.
Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll ever get another chance to land that fish. We had it and lost it. A complete unforced error that will go down in infamy as one of the worst hiring decisions, certainly in school history.

Question: can a player be called for an offensive foul if contact with the defender is only made be the ball?

Example… Duke player was playing tight defense, Tennessee’s guard made a rip move of sorts, and the Duke defender was hit in the face by the ball. Offensive call was made.

Question: can a player be called for an offensive foul if contact with the defender is only made be the ball?

Example… Duke player was playing tight defense, Tennessee’s guard made a rip move of sorts, and the Duke defender was hit in the face by the ball. Offensive call was made.
I believe so. Otherwise a guy could just shove the ball right into someone's chest or face to create separation.

I would so love it if you were saying this based on something concrete…
I would, too!

Seriously, in the other thread, Reusse is quoted that Dutcher was Coyle's first choice. If so...where there's a will, there's a way.

The women's BB hire feels too good to be true, so maybe that can be the start of a resurgence on the basketball side, better late than never.

Seems like you answered your own question.

Top Bottom