All Things Movie/Documentary Reviews/Recommendations Thread

stocker08

Reaction score
Never understood people who despise subtitles. I liked this one too. Really had no idea where it was going as the opening act is just so bad. But it was worth sticking with.

Tougher to multitask. I get that.

Ope3

Reaction score
I went and saw "Everything Everywhere All At Once" last night.

Keep an eye on that one. It's gunna end up being one of the best movies of the year.

It's funny, action-packed, emotional, and reminds us that we are where we are supposed to be, even in this miniscule speck of time that is our life.
Everything Everywhere All at Once

I saw this today, while I recognize I will be in the minority, it was a miss. Well acted for sure and fantastic visually. However, midway I felt sensory overload and the story itself just didn't connect with me.

Still I would encourage others to check it for themselves. I would venture if one enjoyed films like the Matrix or Inception, this would be appealing. I wasn't big on those ones either.

Ope3

Reaction score
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, good. Quite fun.

Nick Cage was great in both roles.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Everything Everywhere All at Once

I saw this today, while I recognize I will be in the minority, it was a miss. Well acted for sure and fantastic visually. However, midway I felt sensory overload and the story itself just didn't connect with me.

Still I would encourage others to check it for themselves. I would venture if one enjoyed films like the Matrix or Inception, this would be appealing. I wasn't big on those ones either.
The fourth Matrix was an absolute abomination. I full admit that I was sucked by the trailer. One of the best jobs I've ever seen of hyping a movie that was a pile of crap.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new "Dr. Strange" movie yet?

I'm a Marvel fan - but I haven't watched "WandaVision" yet, and most people say you have to watch that first to understand what's happening in the movie. Lot of chatter about it being quite gory for a PG-13. stories about parents taking little kids to the movie and the kids coming out crying.

I'm also seeing a lot of talk online about the new trailer for "Avatar 2." It's been so long since the 1st Avatar came out that I barely remember the plot. I guess they are going to re-release the original movie for a theatrical run before the sequel comes out. But, as an online critic said, never bet against James Cameron.

Top Bottom