All Things Minnesota Wild 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Doing what? That was another horrible call. That’s not tripping.

Maybe don’t act like a jackass in game 3. Plus is it really a needed hit, all he did was give the refs a reason to call a penalty. It’s kinda like Cooley in the championship game. If you’re a leader you can’t put yourself in that position to have a good or bad call made against you.

Ottinger was the reason the wild loss tonight not the refs. So far he had not stolen a game in the series and he just did today. That’s the reason to basically punt on game 2 in Dallas by starting the flower was a mistake.

Maybe don’t act like a jackass in game 3. Plus is it really a needed hit, all he did was give the refs a reason to call a penalty. It’s kinda like Cooley in the championship game. If you’re a leader you can’t put yourself in that position to have a good or bad call made against you.

Ottinger was the reason the wild loss tonight not the refs. So far he had not stolen a game in the series and he just did today. That’s the reason to basically punt on game 2 in Dallas by starting the flower was a mistake.
He actually put the team in a good situation because it should have been a double minor on Dallas instead. You can’t tell him to stop playing. He did nothing wrong but play hockey. Ottinger and the refs are why they lost. Both can be true.

Isn’t this game 4?

He actually put the team in a good situation because it should have been a double minor on Dallas instead. You can’t tell him to stop playing. He did nothing wrong but play hockey. Ottinger and the refs are why they lost. Both can be true.
Dallas was 5-13 on the power play coming into game 4. Now they are 6-16, the wild can not afford to put themselves in a position where it even looks like a penalty. If they have not learned that yet I don’t like their chances of winning the series.

On the flip side the wild are 4-17 on the power play.

Dallas was 5-13 on the power play coming into game 4. Now they are 6-16, the wild can not afford to put themselves in a position where it even looks like a penalty. If they have not learned that yet I don’t like their chances of winning the series.

The PP is fine. That rate is top 10 in the league this year.

The PK is brutal.

I find it truly astonishing that the Wild have NEVER had either a 2-0 or 3-1 game lead in any Playoff Series.

The PP is fine. That rate is top 10 in the league this year.

The PK is brutal.
Missing Joel Eriksson Ek on PK is having a significant impact.

Wild down in Dallas tonight for game 5. It will be on TBS at 7:00. The early game NYI vs. Carolina, will be on ESPN at 6:00. Meaning the start of the Wild game shouldn't be pushed back.

Wild down in Dallas tonight for game 5. It will be on TBS at 7:00. The early game NYI vs. Carolina, will be on ESPN at 6:00. Meaning the start of the Wild game shouldn't be pushed back.
I wonder if it will be televised at the Town Ball Tavern in Target Field.

Thank the Good Lord we're not subjected to ESPN tonight for the Stars-Wild game. The TBS crew have been pretty good and the studio crew is entertaining. ESPN is just plain godawful to put yourself through.

Should be a good game!

That’s an issue. Was going to be a clean hit until the Dallas player tried to avoid the hit.

Just can’t help themselves. Dean is being absolutely worked by DeBoer in the media games.

The major on Foligno was bullshit. But we are playing like shit anyways.

Doesnt matter how. Death, taxes and minnesota sports losing first round. Its incredible that not 1 of our 4 teams can win a series(or game in Vikes case) almost ever. 3 of the 4 make the playoffs all the fucking time.

That’s not a good goal from Gus.

Dean would be so good in the NBA, he whines about everything.

I find it truly astonishing that the Wild have NEVER had either a 2-0 or 3-1 game lead in any Playoff Series.
I’m not surprised by anything Minnesota sports teams can or can’t do. How can the twins lose 18 straight playoff games. Minnesota sports teams are truly one of a kind.

You just have to laugh. A missed high stick and then a weak goal allowed.

I hope someone plants Suter on the way out.

I’m not surprised by anything Minnesota sports teams can or can’t do. How can the twins lose

I’m not surprised by anything Minnesota sports teams can or can’t do. How can the twins lose 18 straight playoff games. Minnesota sports teams are truly one of a kind.
The Twins can win a weak division and will then get punched in the first round.

All 4 teams, (wild, timberwolves, vikings, twins) will all make the playoffs and lose the first game/round

The wilds power play is so bad they should refuse the call in exchange for them not having to be on the penalty kill for a penalty in the future.

The major penalty in the NHL playoffs is just way, way too severe. It can and has decided the outcome of playoff series before and it should just never come to that.

Look no further than the very reason the NHL changed the rule, allowing the refs to review major penalties, to find the prime example of this; Game 7 between VGK and San Jose in the First Round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

VGK leading 3-0 with just over 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd and the refs call an absolute egregious Major penalty on the VGK; San Jose scores 4 goals on the ensuing Power Play and wins the clinching game in OT. Just a travesty

NHL Apologizes to Vegas For Game 7 Major Penalty

Game will forever be known as the "Not a Major" game in the VGK's short franchise history.

The Wild escaped just giving up one goal but it could have been much worse, in a tight close series tied at 2-2. The 5 minutes, regardless of how many goals are scored, is just too severe to determine NHL playoff games/series.

Kiril needs to take some heat for this disappearing act in the playoffs. Kevin Fiala was hounded for it and Kiril’s disappearing act has been even more impressive.

So was the wilds way to show that their penalty kill was actually good to take more penalties? The vast majority have been indisciplined penalties and I think that comes from the head coach. It can’t be a fun locker room when you are struggling to score and your coach is complaining about every little thing.

I’m stating to think a coaching change might be needed.

Top Bottom