All Things Minnesota Wild 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Training camp is now upon us. Hope springs eternal.

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Gooo Wlid!!

JayBobDobbins

Reaction score
Will the Wild be the team to finally break the MN sport Championship drought? It starts with training camp!!!

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I think the key question comes down to goaltending.

with losing Fiala, it's possible that the team will score fewer goals this season. that puts more pressure on the goalies to keep them in games.

Fleury is a HOF goalie - no question. But he's getting older and I just don't see him playing more than 50 games in goal during the regular season. And the Wild, as of now, are going into the season with a relatively untested backup.

The Wild need to score as many goals as possible - and the defensemen need to have a stronger season to protect Fleury and the other guy as much as possible.

JayBobDobbins

Reaction score
I think the key question comes down to goaltending.

with losing Fiala, it's possible that the team will score fewer goals this season. that puts more pressure on the goalies to keep them in games.

Fleury is a HOF goalie - no question. But he's getting older and I just don't see him playing more than 50 games in goal during the regular season. And the Wild, as of now, are going into the season with a relatively untested backup.

The Wild need to score as many goals as possible - and the defensemen need to have a stronger season to protect Fleury and the other guy as much as possible.
I agree, I was not happy when Talbot bolted. I can understand why he might want to, but it still sucked.

I would think there's a good chance they'll score less goals this season. Fiala had over a point a game last year, that's a lot of goals that he was part of. I guess we'll see if someone steps up or makes a good improvement.

Top Bottom