All Things Minnesota Wild 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Is St Paul now in the western time zone meaning we have 9:00pm pick drops?

What a joke the nhl scheduler is.

Is St Paul now in the western time zone meaning we have 9:00pm pick drops?

What a joke the nhl scheduler is.
Because the Wild were the second game on TNT. I had no problem with it. Got to watch the entire USA/Canada game without missing any of the Wild game

Because the Wild were the second game on TNT. I had no problem with it. Got to watch the entire USA/Canada game without missing any of the Wild game
Yeah it was a joke, kind of. There is no reason a game in the central time zone should start at 9:00pm. Maybe for the playoff, but some random Wednesday night in January it should not be allowed.

Yeah it was a joke, kind of. There is no reason a game in the central time zone should start at 9:00pm. Maybe for the playoff, but some random Wednesday night in January it should not be allowed.
I have no problem with late starts. Hell I watch games until 12:30 or later if I can stay awake. I’m semi retired so if I’m not working in the morning I watch late into the night. I’m a hockey junkie

Being in the Central Time Zone sucks for these national games. The drop is either too early (6:00) or too late.

Yup bad loss. St Louis play in Montreal yesterday and was missing large parts of their team playing a backup goalie. Made the kid look like Patrick Roy.

Yup bad loss. St Louis play in Montreal yesterday and was missing large parts of their team playing a backup goalie. Made the kid look like Patrick Roy.
I don't know. I watched too and the puck just wasn't bouncing the right way. So many near miss goals. Wild could have easily scored 4-5 goals. Sometimes they just won't go in.

“We have to be hungry and desperate,” coach Dean Evason said in the hours leading up to the game. “We fully believe that our group will be.”

Not surprisingly, the Wild brought that hunger and desperation to the table at UBS Arena on Long Island, and it resulted in a 3-1 win over the Islanders to snap the losing streak."

Down 1-0 midway through the third, with Brodin in the box, Freddy scored a HUGE SH goal to turn the game around off a SWEET setup by Ek on another tough, mega-hustle play, followed by a superb finesse move. They had to turn back the clock as it was initially ruled no goal, and play continued. At the next whistle, they reviewed and called it a good goal. Freddy stayed onside on the play by a cunny. They restored 30+ seconds of Islander power play and the Wild killed it off. Then….

…a tic-tac-toe from the top line results in a Steel goal and the Wild improbably turn the game upside down in 1:30. Superstar KK adds an empty-netter off a terrific play by Zucc.

Gustavsson completely sieves on the Islander first period goal, but then locks up the rest of the game for the win.

Last edited:

Wild (13-8-1) hosted and beat Arizona (6-18-3) last night 2-1

Kind of an ugly game. Fleury played well though and a 5 on 3 power play turned the game as the Wild scored during that and just a second after the remaining 5 on 4 power play expired (effectively a power play goal).

Fantastic. Now lock down Zuccarello for at least a couple more years. He's got this year and next year left on his deal at $6MM per (he's turning 36 in September). I bet they could get him for 3 years, $20MM? That would be one more year than Kaprisov has remaining - and incentivize him to sign another extension, which is something they should be working on every single day right now..........

Wild is now 12-6-3 while Washington is 13-8-3

WASHINGTON — Filip Gustavsson made the save of the game by seeing the puck out of the corner of his eye just before it went into the net. His Minnesota teammates scored three goals by making sure Washington goaltender Charlie Lindgren couldn’t see the puck at all.

Captain Jared Spurgeon scored twice, fellow defenseman Jonas Brodin also had a goal with traffic in front of the net, and the Wild beat the Capitals 4-2 on Tuesday night to extend their winning streak to three games.

All three goals came with a big forward setting a screen in front of Lindgren: 6-foot-6 Jordan Greenway on Spurgeon’s first goal, 6-2 Ryan Reaves on Brodin’s and 6-2 Brandon Duhaime on Spurgeon’s second.

“We had a lot of great screens, guys going to the net and creating havoc down there,” Spurgeon said. “They’re great screens. The goalie can’t get out of the net, and you cut the angles down and you can’t see them as well. It’s something we preach all the time..

5-2 with a little over 8 minutes to go and you’re gonna do that. Player safety better look into a suspension for that one

Poor effort to start the game again tonight. This time though, they couldn’t get it past Anderson when they did come alive. Fleury was incredible early - and the only reason the game was tied 0-0 after one. But then he went the other direction, including a head-scratching unobstructed softie wrister from the right point. Carolina scored twice on the power play- Wild were in the box all night - and once short handed. The dirty hit mentioned above resulted in a 5 minute power play down 5-2 with 8:xx remaining. Several A grade chances, but no goals. Scary hit. Could have been a terrible injury.

Kaprizov gets his 100th goal in his 180th game. He also has 112 assists for a career 1.18 points per game. (Connor McDavid is at 1.47 ppg and Gretzky was 1.92 ppg!)

5-2 with a little over 8 minutes to go and you’re gonna do that. Player safety better look into a suspension for that one
Yeah that was bad. No need for that shit. Too bad the Wild didn’t make them pay for it with a couple power play goals. Congrats to The Thrill for his 100th career goal. Many many more to come and I hope they are all for Minnesota

Ryan Hartman needs to be benched and then traded. He’s been brutal this season and at most is a 3rd line guy.

Looks like we're on our way to a frustrating loss tonight. The wild had a fantastic forecheck going to start the 3rd and couldn't get a goal.

The January swoon of every year is right on time.

Third straight loss and if Colorado wins the wild would be out of the playoffs.

Tough call for Bill this trading deadline. Do you buy or sell. Logic tells you to probably sell because the wild are not an elite team. But it’s hockey and simply making the playoffs you have a chance to win it all of the puck bounces off a guys butt and in the net.

The January swoon of every year is right on time.

Third straight loss and if Colorado wins the wild would be out of the playoffs.

Tough call for Bill this trading deadline. Do you buy or sell. Logic tells you to probably sell because the wild are not an elite team. But it’s hockey and simply making the playoffs you have a chance to win it all of the puck bounces off a guys butt and in the net.
Wild are the number 1 wild card team now

The Minnesota Wild are aiming to make a legitimate playoff run this spring. However, to keep up with their tough opponents in the Western Conference, they are trying to add a defenseman before the deadline passes. Due to this, they are expressing interest in Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Jake
McCabe

2 straight for the home team. Both very entertaining games too

Top Bottom