All Things Minnesota Wild 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Shows how much of an overreaction the refs made last night. Which is funny cause in hockey almost everything is an under reaction from the refs. They will let blatant cross checks go on for minutes and never call a penalty.
Clearly no consistency with the way they call penalties.

Up 2 rip with 6 minutes to go and lose 3-2 in a shootout. Not good boys. Not good

Up 2 rip with 6 minutes to go and lose 3-2 in a shootout. Not good boys. Not good
not a huge NHL fan, but tune in here and there. Up 2-0, I just assumed

Wolves up 20 to start the 4th and did everything they could do to blow it.

Thanks Vikings!

not a huge NHL fan, but tune in here and there. Up 2-0, I just assumed

Wolves up 20 to start the 4th and did everything they could do to blow it.

Thanks Vikings!
I’m a huge hockey guy. Been coaching it for nearly 40 years now. Both kids played college hockey. I still play in a league. Absolutely love the game

I’m a huge hockey guy. Been coaching it for nearly 40 years now. Both kids played college hockey. I still play in a league. Absolutely love the game

Hard to beat live hockey, whether it's NHL, AHL or whatever level. Live NFL games are great, but it's tough to beat live hockey. I absolutely love it

Hard to beat live hockey, whether it's NHL, AHL or whatever level. Live NFL games are great, but it's tough to beat live hockey. I absolutely love it
Totally agree. You get 60 minutes or more of action. Football maybe 10 minutes out of the 60. I’m like a little kid when I go to Wild games

Maybe they can get KOC to come give them a pep talk. They are playing pretty bland hockey right now.

I will put a packed Barn with the crowd into it up against anything. It's the best sporting venue I've been, too. To bad they suck all the time for the most part.

But seriously, I flipped to BSN with 9 minutes to go, flipped back later to see if they held the shutout. they are doing "Wild Live" and it says 3-2 in the left corner. I'm like, WTF?

going into the season, the idea was that the scoring they lost with Fiala would be made up by other players each chipping in a few goals, plus more production from the younger guys.

at this point, it hasn't materialized. I think Rossi has talent, but he has to start producing some points.

right now, this team looks like a lot of grinders but only a couple of real scorers.

If you're going to win that way, every game has to be 2-1 or 3-2 in your favor.

It's like Jacques Lemaire has returned. (minus the neutral-zone trap)

going into the season, the idea was that the scoring they lost with Fiala would be made up by other players each chipping in a few goals, plus more production from the younger guys.

at this point, it hasn't materialized. I think Rossi has talent, but he has to start producing some points.

right now, this team looks like a lot of grinders but only a couple of real scorers.

If you're going to win that way, every game has to be 2-1 or 3-2 in your favor.

It's like Jacques Lemaire has returned. (minus the neutral-zone trap)
Part of the problem is the grinders are not grinding. Yes the bigger notion they you could just let Fiala walk and replace his production by everyone else stepping up was not realistic. You had so many other guys have career years last year that were never going to repeat them. Just look at Ryan Hartman, last yea he had 65 points. That is two times as many points as he has ever had in his career. Plus the guy you choose over Fiala in Dumba is a -5 so far and has only 3 points.

Maybe the “room” that everyone thought was so great is not so great.

Buffalo is building something there, no doubt about it. They are becoming a fun team to watch.

The Jack Eichel trade is working for both teams for the most part; Eichel is really hitting his stride lately with VGK, while not having to be the guy to carry the team and the pieces the Sabres got, most notably former MN Wild Alex Tuch, are playing well for Buffalo.

The New York Rangers traded veteran enforcer Ryan Reaves to the Minnesota Wild for a fifth-round draft pick in 2025, the team announced Wednesday.

The New York Rangers traded veteran enforcer Ryan Reaves to the Minnesota Wild for a fifth-round draft pick in 2025, the team announced Wednesday.
I like it. They need a fighter since 97 is getting run over all the time and there is no one there to protect him. Having said that in 2022 you should not have to fight people to make sure your stat player is getting beat up all the time, refs should simply call penalties as opposed to letting unaddressed cross checking go.

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- — Marcus Foligno scored twice and Filip Gustavsson made 28 saves as the Minnesota Wild took down the Winnipeg Jets 6-1 on Wednesday night.

Matt Boldy added a goal and two assists for the Wild, and Kirill Kaprizov extended his point streak to seven games with a power-play goal 28 seconds into the third period.

It was Minnesota’s largest margin of victory this season and perhaps the team’s most complete game.

“It was a good effort. Everyone was just really into it,” said Foligno, who took a stick to the ear in the final minutes and required stitches. “It’s not always pretty, but you’re going to get your points just from team play.”.

Reaves is paying dividends already 😎

This has been a very entertaining game thus far. 2-2 in the second

Last edited:

Minnesota Wild - 5 Anaheim Ducks - 4 in a shootout win

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- — Kirill Kaprizov and Matt Boldy scored in the shootout, helping the Minnesota Wild to a 5-4 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.

Calen Addison and Joel Eriksson Ek each had a goal and assist during regulation as Minnesota won for the fifth time in six games and closed out a seven-game homestand. Connor Dewar also scored for the Wild, who have beaten Anaheim in 12 straight matchups, the longest streak against any opponent in team history.

Filip Gustavsson made 29 saves for Minnesota, which rallied with two goals in the third period, including Kaprizov’s tying goal with 2:35 remaining.

“We’re going to take two points, for sure,” Wild coach Dean Evason said. “Two periods we were not very good and they were good. … We were able to come back and we’re very fortunate that the game wasn’t out of hand by the time we got to the third period.”..

ADDING ON

Kaprizov’s third-period goal extended his point streak to a career-best 11 games. He has seven goals and 11 assists in that span, including five straight games with a goal. He did have his assist streak of nine games snapped..

Minnesota Wild - 5 Anaheim Ducks - 4 in a shootout win

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- — Kirill Kaprizov and Matt Boldy scored in the shootout, helping the Minnesota Wild to a 5-4 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.

Calen Addison and Joel Eriksson Ek each had a goal and assist during regulation as Minnesota won for the fifth time in six games and closed out a seven-game homestand. Connor Dewar also scored for the Wild, who have beaten Anaheim in 12 straight matchups, the longest streak against any opponent in team history.

Filip Gustavsson made 29 saves for Minnesota, which rallied with two goals in the third period, including Kaprizov’s tying goal with 2:35 remaining.

“We’re going to take two points, for sure,” Wild coach Dean Evason said. “Two periods we were not very good and they were good. … We were able to come back and we’re very fortunate that the game wasn’t out of hand by the time we got to the third period.”..

ADDING ON

Kaprizov’s third-period goal extended his point streak to a career-best 11 games. He has seven goals and 11 assists in that span, including five straight games with a goal. He did have his assist streak of nine games snapped..

Damn. Anaheim is a bad, Bad, BAD hockey team right now (worst record in the NHL). Holy shit. Can't be giving up 4 goals and going to OT at home against the Ducks. No bueno, good to get the backup netminder some games though.

Top Bottom