All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Timberpuppies out scored 35-22 in the 3rd. The names on the back may change, but the results stay mostly the same.

That was a hell of a play by Gobert to end the quarter though.

Wolves win 115-108, with Gobert leading the way.

Chicago without LaVine went down and beat Miami by 8.

Pelicans went into Brooklyn and beat up on the Nets.

Knicks took Memphis into overtime down in TN before losing 115-112.

Quite an interesting evening.

It's a win, but gawd were towns and Ant just horrid. To still win is a good thing.

I just don't know about our foot speed. OKC could get a lot of open looks.

It seemed like I was watching last years team.

It's a win, but gawd were towns and Ant just horrid. To still win is a good thing.

I just don't know about our foot speed. OKC could get a lot of open looks.

It seemed like I was watching last years team.

And Gobert was great and McDaniels had a very good game too. Kinda nice to have them win without having to have 4-5 starters play well.

Took me awhile to catch on last year but Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is the real deal and showed it tonight.

It was fun watching Rudy clean up everything. This team will likely take a bit to gel, but it's also nice we start with a soft schedule to make that a little easier.

OKC has talent and they hustle. Too bad Chet is out.

The wolves have talent and they are massive. It almost looks like the court is too small. Their challenge on offense this year will be spacing and ball movement.

I know Rudy put up big numbers last night but he looks slow to me. He had an obvious size advantage but I noticed that he wasn't getting rebounds in contested situations. (I know he's not going to get every rebound.) OKC, a small team, had a huge advantage on the boards, which resulted in a close game. I wonder how Rudy will look against larger and more talented teams.

I know Rudy put up big numbers last night but he looks slow to me. He had an obvious size advantage but I noticed that he wasn't getting rebounds in contested situations. (I know he's not going to get every rebound.) OKC, a small team, had a huge advantage on the boards, which resulted in a close game. I wonder how Rudy will look against larger and more talented teams.

That "huge advantage on the boards"? The totals were 57 to 55.

When your two go-to scorers shoot 6 for 27, you are very lucky to win.

Last year, they couldn't rebound. Same thing last night.

Last year they would give up huge runs. What was it? a 20-0 run or something.

After one game, it was same old, same old.

OKC has talent and they hustle. Too bad Chet is out.

The wolves have talent and they are massive. It almost looks like the court is too small. Their challenge on offense this year will be spacing and ball movement.

When you two go-to scorers shoot 6 for 27, you are very lucky to win.

Last year, they couldn't rebound. Same thing last night.

Last year they would give up huge runs. What was it? a 20-0 run or something.

After one game, it was same old, same old.

The whining has begun. Too bad they didn't lose for you.

Wolves win 115-108, with Gobert leading the way.

Chicago without LaVine went down and beat Miami by 8.

Pelicans went into Brooklyn and beat up on the Nets.

Knicks took Memphis into overtime down in TN before losing 115-112.

Quite an interesting evening.

You can add the "We gotta tank!" Jazz to the opening night surprises. They beat the Nuggets 123 to 102.

Wow a lot of negativity for a team that outplayed and out scored their opponent in all but about 7 bad minutes.

Nobody on the board is unhappy they won. People are allowed to make observations.

You're certainly right about the 2nd point. As for the 1st point?

We're on Gopher Hole and you say that NOBODY is unhappy the home team lost?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure people are allowed/encouraged to make observations. Kinda odd though that after a win none of the observers noticed anything good that happened. The focus seems to be that the Wolves "lost" because they didn't have enough style points.

Looking at the results last night there were a number of favored teams who lost the old fashioned way.

To be fair Gopher Weather Guy was happy and had a solid criticism too. Yeah, it's possible.

Last edited:

You can add the "We gotta tank!" Jazz to the opening night surprises. They beat the Nuggets 123 to 102.
I watched a little bit of that, and Vando was all over the place. It was fun to see.

:blah: Facts? Try using them.

The 2nd chance points were 24-22 in favor of the Wolves.
I never said we didn't get 2nd chance points. I said they did. We play a 7 footer, and two 6'10 guys and that's a little concerning.

You're certainly right about the 2nd point. As for the 1st point?

We're on Gopher Hole and you say that NOBODY is unhappy the home team lost?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure people are allowed/encouraged to make observations. Kinda odd though that after a win none of the observers noticed anything good that happened. The focus seems to be that the Wolves "lost" because they didn't have enough style points.

Looking at the results last night there were a number of favored teams who lost the old fashioned way.

To be fair Gopher Weather Guy was happy and had a solid criticism too. Yeah, it's possible.
the first sentence I posted was this:

post 625.......sorry you missed it.

Top Bottom