Samurai man-bun Michael Beasley? WTF?!?!Utah was led by Michael Beasley's 23 points..
Rudy Gobert had a 22-point, 13-rebound double-double in his return to Utah. But it was Gobert's teammate, D'Angelo Russell, who slammed the door on the Jazz.www.startribune.com
Samurai man-bun Michael Beasley? WTF?!?!
Beasley before the first game with the wolves,
'Kill. Anybody. In front of me."
Now he is crying about being killed. LMAO
If Russell could be consistent, this would be a much different team. But you either get what he gave you last night, or you get the guy who's 6-17 from the floor while dribbling the ball off his foot and throwing passes to a kid sitting 4 rows behind the opponent's bench.
DLO plays like the two guard.This is interesting - from game story in the Strib. DLo says he was trying too hard to be a PG....
Russell, who struggled a bit with his shot early in the season, has found his stride. Finch said he asked Russell to be more of a table-setter when the season began, and that might have gotten him out of his shooting rhythm.
"Honestly I had the wrong approach,'' Russell said. "I was trying to be too focused on being a point guard instead of a basketball player. … That's never really been my thing. I kind of just play basketball freely and have fun.''
FWIW, it does seem as if they're using SloMo more as a Point Forward type. He had 12 assists in the game, including 7 in the 4th Qtr.
Contrary to what has been reported, new Timberwolves and Lynx owners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez don’t have to make a December payment to Glen Taylor, a franchise source told Sports Headliners. The two need to execute paperwork this month, with payment required next year as part of their transition to majority ownership.
Don’t be surprised if new Wolves president of basketball operations Tim Connelly makes personnel moves in the coming weeks. Some NBA players, by stipulation in their contracts, can’t be traded until December 15.
Just a few thoughts:
1. Fuk this team. I'll take the Vikings defense.
2. Ant, why do you play so stupidly and if you aren't going to give two shits about defense, trade his lame ass. I believe this guy just plays losing basketball and always will.
3. Lilliard is just laughing inside. Career high in 3's and it's early mid third quarter.
4. McDaniels sucks balls. They have him guard the guy when he crosses mid-court every game.........they blow by him with ease, or they set a pick and he's hopeless. He sucks balls. Oh, and in the game against Portland the other night and into the fourth quarter tonight.......he has 0 rebounds. O rebounds in 7 quarters. His offense is nothing. He sucks. Then the dumbass blocks Lilliard's shot and is talking shit to him after his career night.
5. They have quit again tonight. finch sucks. Quinn Snyder is available.
6. Between watching gopher hoops defense, this defensive shit show night in and night out, and the Vikings defense........I'm just gonna swear a little and laugh.
7. Nowell......pass the ball just once. Just one damn time.
Have a great holidays everyone. Maybe next year after some trades. Who knows? Hopeless basketball in Minnesota everywhere.
Hmm? According to your other favorite columnist they have to make a payment this year and next. Oh and "this and that."
Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press that Timberwolves-Lynx investors Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore “are to make a payment at the end of this year (2022) and another payment at the end of next year, and if they made all their payments and this and that, I told them that they kind of have control at that point. I’d still have a bunch of stock.”
Is there such a thing as a "yawn meter"?Timberwolves were without Towns, Prince, D'Angelo Russell and Jordan McLaughlin last night against the Clippers last night. They still led by 2 at the Half and trailed by just 2 after 3 before losing 99-88 in L.A. in what turned out to be a defensive struggle. Wolves shot only 42% but held the Clippers to 38%.
"The Clippers held the Wolves under 25 points in all four quarters. “That's elite defense,” Lue said. Leonard called it “amazing basketball.”
The Wolves though without Russell, Towns and McLaughlin were brutal behind the line going 4-22 and costing them a surprising win.
Oh and Gobert sprained his ankle in the 4th.
Wolves play down in OKC tomorrow night. No idea who will be available for that one.
I imagine he wouldn't come back here...at least it wouldn't be his first choice (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.)