All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

You're usually right around here but maybe not about Mr.Beverly's desires and yes, they could use him,

The Timberwolves this season have been lacking (and in some cases trying to replicate) the energy and defensive acumen they received a year ago from Patrick Beverley.

Perhaps the answer is simple: Re-acquiring Beverley himself.

We've unofficially entered NBA trade season, with dozens of players who signed free agent contracts in the offseason eligible to be dealt as of Thursday. Beverley was eligible to be traded all along, but with more parts available a deal could be easier to consummate..

Writes Fischer of Beverley: "The grizzled guard has a desire to return to Minnesota, sources said, should he reach free agency via buyout."

And the Wolves could clearly still use him. Even if his shooting doesn't improve dramatically (though it should get better based on his career 37.4% average from deep), Beverley's toughness and spirit would be welcome additions on a team that on too many nights has had a hard time guarding the perimeter or simply playing with 100% vigor..

Yes Please!
I'm assuming his poor play has scared off most teams possible interest in him.

Yes Please!

Certainly should have. Though have heard a few interviews with him and he always speaks fondly of his time with the Wolves. No anger at all, but always a little wistful.

Completely different from what he's said about the Clippers.:)

Yes Please!
Also a lot of moving parts would be needed to make this possible. He'd have to get traded to another team that cuts him.

How the heck did we just win that game.

Wolves won 112 to 110. Pretty much all the stats were that close too. Only a couple really stood out. Wolves had 16 turnovers to OKC's 21. The other was more impressive.

Wolves had 16 steals to the Thunder's 7.

Edit: Naz Reid should also get a lot of credit. He had 28pt on 11-18 from the floor, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals ,a block and only 3 fouls in 28 mins. All those numbers are impressive but the foul total showed a lot of restraint on his part.

Last edited:

Wolves won 112 to 110. Pretty much all the stats were that close too. Only a couple really stood out. Wolves had 16 turnovers to OKC's 21. The other was more impressive.

Wolves had 16 steals to the Thunder's 7.

Edit: Naz Reid should also get a lot of credit. He had 28pt on 11-18 from the floor, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals ,a block and only 3 fouls in 28 mins. All those numbers are impressive but the foul total showed a lot of restraint on his part.
I didn't see the game but Naz is my favorite Wolf by far.

I didn't see the game but Naz is my favorite Wolf by far.

Missed a close but kinda odd game. The officiating was pretty even handed but pretty odd itself.

Rivers, who's been around since '12 with many teams, may have showed why. He was called for traveling 3 times! In the 4th Quarter, after he got called for the 3rd he was T'ed-up for complaining. May have been the only call that was justified too.

Big fan of Reid myself. Just too bad he can't stay out of foul trouble. When he does he's very effective.

Last night was his best game of the season by far. Highest scoring game of his career. 1 point short of his all time high.18 rebounds matched his career high. Also set against OKC earlier this year.

“He’s (Reid) had a lot of really good games against Oklahoma City,” Minnesota coach Chris Finch said. “I don’t know what it is. He feels extremely comfortable, confident.”

Austin Rivers scored 20 points and Anthony Edwards added 19 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists for the Timberwolves. Minnesota was without injured starters Rudy Gobert (sprained left ankle), Karl-Anthony Towns (right calf strain) and D’Angelo Russell (bruised left knee)..

“We fought through a lot of things out there, adversity,” Finch said. “Some of it self-imposed, some of it environmental. But guys stuck with it. Could have easily got their heads down, but they kept battling.”..

Certainly should have. Though have heard a few interviews with him and he always speaks fondly of his time with the Wolves. No anger at all, but always a little wistful.

Completely different from what he's said about the Clippers.:)
I did hear an interview with him ripping the Wolves for not telling him he was being traded before or talking to him after. Finch was called out specifically I seem to remember.

That is why I didn't think a possible return was in the cards. Man, I really hope it happens. Ant would love it. Towns needs it. Not sure what Rudy would think about it.

I did hear an interview with him ripping the Wolves for not telling him he was being traded before or talking to him after. Finch was called out specifically I seem to remember.

That is why I didn't think a possible return was in the cards. Man, I really hope it happens. Ant would love it. Towns needs it. Not sure what Rudy would think about it.

Beverly said something negative about someone? Shocking. 😇

Never heard that but don't doubt it. Particularly if it was right after the trade.

Though like I said, have heard him comment on his time with the Wolves and it's always been positive.

Bulls got 126 tonight against the Wolves. They shot 52% overall and 42% from 3. They went to the Free Throw line 24 times and hit 18 of them. They had 6 guys in double figures. Three of them got 22+

And they lost to the Wolves by 24, 150 to 126.

How? Wolves shot 65.5% overall and 53.5% from 3! They out rebounded the Bulls by 9 and had 38 assists on their 53 FG.

The Wolves had 7 guys in double figures lead by Edwards with 37 and Russell with 28. Eleven Timberwolves took shots during the game and only 1 of them shot under 50%!

They get Dallas at Target Center tomorrow night and Wednesday. Nobody should expect a repeat performance in either game. Though yeah, it would be nice.;)

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Anthony Edwards had season highs with 37 points and 11 assists and the Minnesota Timberwolves made 23 3-pointers to rout the Chicago Bulls 150-126 on Sunday night, setting season bests for 3s and points.

D’Angelo Russell added 28 points after missing two games and Minnesota rolled past Chicago despite missing four regulars.

Rudy Gobert missed his second straight game because of a sprained left ankle. Karl-Anthony Towns (right calf strain) and top reserves Jordan McLaughlin (left calf strain) and Taurean Prince (right shoulder) also sat out.

Bulls got 126 tonight against the Wolves. They shot 52% overall and 42% from 3. They went to the Free Throw line 24 times and hit 18 of them. They had 6 guys in double figures. Three of them got 22+

And they lost to the Wolves by 24, 150 to 126.

How? Wolves shot 65.5% overall and 53.5% from 3! They out rebounded the Bulls by 9 and had 38 assists on their 53 FG.

The Wolves had 7 guys in double figures lead by Edwards with 37 and Russell with 28. Eleven Timberwolves took shots during the game and only 1 of them shot under 50%!

They get Dallas at Target Center tomorrow night and Wednesday. Nobody should expect a repeat performance in either game. Though yeah, it would be nice.;)

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Anthony Edwards had season highs with 37 points and 11 assists and the Minnesota Timberwolves made 23 3-pointers to rout the Chicago Bulls 150-126 on Sunday night, setting season bests for 3s and points.

D’Angelo Russell added 28 points after missing two games and Minnesota rolled past Chicago despite missing four regulars.

Rudy Gobert missed his second straight game because of a sprained left ankle. Karl-Anthony Towns (right calf strain) and top reserves Jordan McLaughlin (left calf strain) and Taurean Prince (right shoulder) also sat out.

Crazy game! Crazy also that the 2 or 3 best games have been without Towns and sometimes Rudy.

Crazy game! Crazy also that the 2 or 3 best games have been without Towns and sometimes Rudy.

Yep, thought about that myself. Last night and probably in those games too it was the shooting that got them through it. Poor shooting and too many turnovers have killed them in most games. Towns certainly has contributed to the turnovers, shouldn't make any difference whether the others hit their shots or not.

Do know that if they were in there and they still won 150-126?

The discussion today would be "how did they give up 121 points!!!!"😉

Shoot like that, and have Gobert in there. Naz is great as a backup and fill in, but you'll get destroyed if hes your starting center

Shoot like that, and have Gobert in there. Naz is great as a backup and fill in, but you'll get destroyed if hes your starting center

Agreed. Though tonight against Dallas it looks like Towns, Gobert and Reid could be out. Damn. Luckily Doncic and Hardaway may be out for Dallas.

Last edited:

Agreed. Though tonight against Dallas it looks like Towns, Gobert and Reid could be out. Damn. Luckily Doncic and Hardaway may be out for Dallas.

Garza time!

Now Kyle Anderson is out. At least Naz is in. Gonna be a weird rotation I'm guessing.

Now Kyle Anderson is out. At least Naz is in. Gonna be a weird rotation I'm guessing.

No Anderson? With Gobert, Prince or Towns, McLaughlin out and surprise, surprise Luka Doncic being healthy enough to play, it might be a very long night for the Wolves.

Nathan Knight picked up 3 fouls in 2 minutes on the floor.
Garza came in and picked up 2 fouls in less than a minute.

Wolves 57 - Mavericks 44 at the half. Why?

Wolves have 3 turnovers to 9 for Dallas and the Wolves are shooting 50% to 38 for Dallas. Everything else is pretty even.

Will give Doncic some credit for playing tonight. Though wouldn't be surprised if they make him sit out tomorrow.

Wolves 57 - Mavericks 44 at the half. Why?

Wolves have 3 turnovers to 9 for Dallas and the Wolves are shooting 50% to 38 for Dallas. Everything else is pretty even.

Will give Doncic some credit for playing tonight. Though wouldn't be surprised if they make him sit out tomorrow.

Doncic may have realized that he shouldn't be playing himself. At the 2:00 mark of the 3rd, he and Jason Kidd both got technicals and they're gone for the night.

(Edit: Wolves were up 89-69 at the time)

Last edited:

Too late to trade Towns and Goebert for a sandwich? ;)

The Timberwolves came into Monday night worried about how they were going to guard Mavericks All-Star Luka Doncic for four quarters.

What they didn't know is they would only have to guard him for about three.

Doncic was thrown out in the third quarter as the Wolves frustrated him and the Mavericks on the defensive end all night in a 116-106 victory at Target Center.

Officials gave Doncic two quick technicals with two minutes remaining in the third quarter after Jaden McDaniels had played tough defense on the previous possession, as he had throughout the game. Mavericks coach Jason Kidd soon followed Doncic to the locker room by crossing the court to argue with officials and picking up two technicals of his own.

The Wolves were already in control of Monday's game and that play all but ended it early.

A night after setting the franchise record for most points in a game, the Wolves clamped down on the defensive end, save for a late three-point outburst from Davis Bertans (18 points), and limited Doncic to 19 points on 5-for-17 shooting..

ANT and Naz doing work!

The lane is a lot less clogged without KAT and Gobert, allows ANT a lot more freedom.

Now let’s stay above .500 the rest of the season and then some!

Howl Wolves!!

Top Bottom