All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

77 points in the half. And we have the defensive player of the decade in the middle. It just tells you how pathetic things are with the slow footed others.

I'm starting to think Finch has to go. I like the guy, but for the love of something.
Oh he’s gonna go, but this mess is all from Connelly and the new front office. How can a guy hired in May know what the team is missing and make a trade like 2 months into his tenure?

Missed it, but Karl had to be helped off the court with a right leg injury. Keeps getting better.

Sounds like a calf strain which is the best one could hope for.

Maybe it’ll be addition by subtraction. I am now convinced that target center really was built on an Indian burial ground.

Maybe it’ll be addition by subtraction. I am now convinced that target center really was built on an Indian burial ground.
Play Garza, Moore, and Minnot..........they will all try defensively. At least they will give some effort.

Wolves scored 127 tonight. That's their 4th highest total of the year. They were basically blown out. It's just unreal.

Last edited:

Losing J-Mac, McDaniels and TP has been critically important. Bryan Forbes should not see the floor. Rivers should not see the floor.

I thought they were figuring things out. They were just playing teams without their top players.

I'm really tired of seeing other teams hit wide open 3's and out rebound the wolves.

Conelly made a terrible trade four weeks into a new job.

77 points in the half. And we have the defensive player of the decade in the middle. It just tells you how pathetic things are with the slow footed others.

I'm starting to think Finch has to go. I like the guy, but for the love of something.
Rudy isn't a difference maker and we paid a kings ransom for him.

He is a difference maker if you can defend on the perimeter.

We are by far the worst in the league at it. It doesn't matter who they try. We are in scramble mode the whole defensive series. And the worst part is, we can't scramble.

He is a difference maker if you can defend on the perimeter.

We are by far the worst in the league at it. It doesn't matter who they try. We are in scramble mode the whole defensive series. And the worst part is, we can't scramble.
He maybe was a few years ago. Now he is just a good defender and a one dimensional offensive player. Everything else you wrote is spot on.

So far he's good for 3-4 dunks/game, about 10 uncontested boards/game and a block or so per game. His perimeter screens aren't making much of a difference. His free throws are a pleasant surprise. For that and the "right" to keep a player we already have (McDaniels), we gave up Kessler, Beasley (and his expiring salary), PatBev (and his expiring salary) Vanderbilt, four draft picks and two pick swaps. This will make the Walker trade look like a winner for the Vikings.

As long as KAT is back for the play-offs, it doesn't matter if he misses a few weeks. The NBA has rendered the regular season meaningless.

I'm seeing estimates of 4 to 8 weeks for KAT's injury.

So, let's split the difference and say 6 weeks.

that is roughly 24 or 25 games missed.

Wolves are 10-11 now. Hard to see them doing anything close to .500 with KAT out.

they would have to go on a heck of a tear just to get back into the play-in round.

I'm seeing estimates of 4 to 8 weeks for KAT's injury.

So, let's split the difference and say 6 weeks.

that is roughly 24 or 25 games missed.

Wolves are 10-11 now. Hard to see them doing anything close to .500 with KAT out.

they would have to go on a heck of a tear just to get back into the play-in round.
10 out of 15 teams make the play-offs. Four teams have a winning % under .400. If they can't make it over that bar even without KAT, that's pathetic.

If Finch starts Naz in KAT's place maybe he should start J-Mac instead of DLo. That would maximize ball movement.

The Wolves without Towns, Prince, McLaughlin and Maybe McDaniels are only getting 2.5 points tonight against the Grizzlies. Seems light..

The two teams match up for the second time this season. The Grizzlies defeated the Timberwolves 114-103 in their last meeting on Nov. 12. Ja Morant led the Grizzlies with 28 points, and Anthony Edwards led the Timberwolves with 28 points.

INJURIES: Timberwolves: Taurean Prince: out (shoulder), Karl-Anthony Towns: out 4-6 weeks (calf), Jaden McDaniels: day to day (illness), Jordan McLaughlin: out (calf).

Grizzlies: Desmond Bane: out (toe), Danny Green: out (knee), Ziaire Williams: out (knee), Brooks &, La Ravia day to day

I don't think Connelly has ever been a KAT guy. I believe they will ride it out this season and unload him in the offseason.

This team could look quite different next year.

I'm looking at it in this light.

Last edited:

DLO sucked again tonight, yet they won.

Ant stepped up without Towns.

Gawd, actual perimeter defense.

I'm telling you, trade Towns, and we'll get some good talent back. DLO sucks, and he will not be back.

I don't think the future has to be dire at all.

DLO sucked again tonight, yet they won.

Ant stepped up without Towns.

Gawd, actual perimeter defense.

I'm telling you, trade Towns, and we'll get some good talent back. DLO sucks, and he will not be back.

I don't think the future has to be dire at all.

Wolves 109 Memphis 101

- Russell was 6-18 but he had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, had only 2 turnovers and was +18. That's not awful
- Ant was great. He only had 11 pts going into the 4th(according to Peterson) when he exploded and ended with 29pts, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 5 steals and only 1 turnover!
- Noweli finally came back to life with 24pts!
- Wolves also had 11 blocks to 4 for Memphis.

The big number? The Wolves have been turnover machines all season. Tonight they had 12 to Memphis' 24 and 13 steals to the Grizzles 7. Made up for being crushed on the boards too.

Last edited:

Addition by subtraction. So glad not to see the constant whining on the court.

Then you weren't watching Memphis. They constantly complained. They got 30 free throws to Minnesota's 19 too. Nearly all 7 technicals came from complaining about calls and/or non calls.

Last edited:

Then you weren't watching Memphis. They constantly complained. They got 30 free throws to Minnesota's 19 too. Nearly all 7 technicals came from complaining about calls and/or non calls.
He was talking KAT

Wolves 109 Memphis 101

- Russell was 6-18 but he had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists and was +18. That's not awful
DLO forced shots, held the ball as usual. He did have 10 assists though, that is true.

Correct I was talking KAT. I have no idea how people watch JA and his constant whining and think it’s good for the game. They guy is so good yet he relies so much on tricking refs and “gamesmanship” it’s unwatchable.

Top Bottom