All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

At some point in August or early September, we'll put together an initial ranking of the class of 2019. Expect 6-foot-8 forward Matthew Hurt to be there and expect him to be quite high.

Playing in the 17U division with D1 Minnesota, Hurt took things to an entirely new level on Sunday, scoring 27 points while Roy Williams, Self and many big-time assistants looked on. He hit deep threes, attacked off the dribble and scored with athleticism. The 15-year-old averaged 14 points and 7.5 rebounds per game over the weekend and cemented himself as an elite prospect.

On Saturday, we reported that home state Minnesota -- where his older brother Michael Hurt is headed -- had offered but Hurt told us on Sunday that the Gophers had not technically offered. However, Iowa and Iowa State have and it's easy to imagine many more coming.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/adidas-gauntlet-feeding-frenzy-for-five-star-langford

Don't follow recruiting closely, but is there a reason we haven't offered yet? Saw the kid once vs. Northfield and that was enough to convince me he's a big-time talent, much more so than his brother. Looked like a future power-conference stretch-4 with his shooting stroke.

What scares me is this is the kind of big guy that excels at Wisconsin, and Gard has already offered.

xavier offered matthew today.

Don't follow recruiting closely, but is there a reason we haven't offered yet? Saw the kid once vs. Northfield and that was enough to convince me he's a big-time talent, much more so than his brother. Looked like a future power-conference stretch-4 with his shooting stroke.

yea, mentioned a few times that pitino made it known to the family that we wanted him obviously, but we were going to wait to formally offer until after michael's senior season as that was his time and the focus on him. the family appreciated it. not sure why we haven't offered though now that his brothers season is over.

yea, mentioned a few times that pitino made it known to the family that we wanted him obviously, but we were going to wait to formally offer until after michael's senior season as that was his time and the focus on him. the family appreciated it. not sure why we haven't offered though now that his brothers season is over.

Maybe Pitino wants to offer in person and hasn't been able to catch him in person yet?

Pitino: Matthew is Michael's brother? I thought he was just a really tall friend. Maybe I should send Ben to check him out.

Do you guys really think Pitino hasn't let him know he wants him yet?

Other schools could offer Matthew Hurt 1000 times and it won't come close to the equity Pitino and staff have built with him and the family. If Matt Hurt wants to play for Minnesota it's a done deal. Gophers offering may put GHolers minds at ease but in my opinion it's just a formality that only we care about.

Other schools could offer Matthew Hurt 1000 times and it won't come close to the equity Pitino and staff have built with him and the family. If Matt Hurt wants to play for Minnesota it's a done deal. Gophers offering may put GHolers minds at ease but in my opinion it's just a formality that only we care about.
Pretty much and none of his current offers matter, it's the bluebloods that we will be competing with

His brother's senior school year is not complete yet. Maybe that is what Pitino is waiting for. Again, the entire reason Pitino hasn't offered Matthew yet is out of respect.

What scares me is this is the kind of big guy that excels at Wisconsin, and Gard has already offered.

Pitino's mindset :confused:

image.jpg

His brother's senior school year is not complete yet. Maybe that is what Pitino is waiting for. Again, the entire reason Pitino hasn't offered Matthew yet is out of respect.

At this point just offer the kid.

Somehow I have only seen him once and that was a few years ago. Coaches I hang out with think he is special... NBA caliper.

I agree that it doesn't matter we haven't offered him yet. I recall the story now.

Matt is coming here if he wants. He won't feel slighted by not getting the first offer. Pitino and co are on the long game here. Kid will be invited to every game for the next four years. Has unlimited access to the team by visiting his brother etc. if he wants to be a gopher he will come.

I agree that it doesn't matter we haven't offered him yet. I recall the story now.

Matt is coming here if he wants. He won't feel slighted by not getting the first offer. Pitino and co are on the long game here. Kid will be invited to every game for the next four years. Has unlimited access to the team by visiting his brother etc. if he wants to be a gopher he will come.

Wouldn't be surprised if its similar to a Ellenson situation in which if Michael has a good experience here, Matthew comes. Only difference, both brothers are legit HM ballers. Wally wasn't, and still isn't.

Only difference, both brothers are legit HM ballers. Wally wasn't, and still isn't.

Why do people keep saying this? It's easy to claim this now with the benefit of hindsight, but how can anyone say with a straight face that someone with a half-dozen high major offers wasn't a "legit" high major prospect?

He knows he can go to the U but would not say yes right now. Pitino has to win before this one says yes. Duke and Kansas are nowhere near ready to offer him. The power programs are 18 months away. The Hurts will be taking their time.

I don't think it f'n matters... how does that show respect? At this point just offer the kid.

Somehow I have only seen him once and that was a few years ago. Coaches I hang out with think he is special... NBA caliper.

To whom do you think they are trying to showing respect?

Why do people keep saying this? It's easy to claim this now with the benefit of hindsight, but how can anyone say with a straight face that someone with a half-dozen high major offers wasn't a "legit" high major prospect?

Logic and reasoning suggest that having yet to average more than 2 PPG going into one's senior season might mean they aren't best suited for that level of play.

Logic and reasoning suggest that having yet to average more than 2 PPG going into one's senior season might mean they aren't best suited for that level of play.

That's not what dpodoll68 is arguing. Sure, most of us can now see that the high major D1 level is not a great fit for Wally, but coming out of HS, many well-respected high major D1 programs offered Wally, thus, at that time, he was a legit high major prospect.

Go Gophers!!

Can you quote where Gameday stated he wasn't a high major prospect, sir?

We would like to keep this thread focused on Matthew Hurt recruiting updates. If posters want to discuss Wally Ellenson's recruitment or development, we encourage a new thread. Additional posts on that topic will be deleted. Thank you.

Thank God Pitino finally offered. Breathe easy everyone

RIP Prince

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom