All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

I've heard of "silent verbals." Is this a "silent offer?"

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

My goodness does he look young. Apparently there's a lot of talent in that kid, so I hope the Gophers staff continues to build the relationship.

Yeah, this kid is going to be a stud. Keep in mind this kid is in 8TH GRADE, playing varsity in these highlights.

Looks like he has size 40 shoes. Might have some growing left...

Looks very coordinated and comfortable dribbling for that age/size. Was nice reading: "We have a pretty close relationship because Michael is already set to go to the Gophers. Every time I went up there, they talked to me, so it is just fun talking to the Gopher coaches."

As Midtown said, I really hope his brother does well (for several reasons).

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I was at a sports luncheon in Rochester over the holiday and was listening to John Marshall High School coach talk about the Hurt brothers. It was a luncheon where all the local high school b-ball coaches were giving updates, etc.

During Q&A, someone point blank asks the coach if Matthew would be a Gopher.

His answer was a little strange. Said basically older brother Michael fell in love with academics and school, hence a Gopher lock.

Kept saying that Matthew was "different" and would "keep his options open", and at the end of the day will be "recruited by everyone", and that he's "just a freshman" so a lot can change.

For what it's worth, not much of an update. My take is that the coach has no idea.

There's your "non-update update" for today.

Lol what would someone expect a coach to say to that? Unless he's already committed, the coach is just going to say some form of "I don't know". He's a freshman, no one knows yet.

Lol what would someone expect a coach to say to that? Unless he's already committed, the coach is just going to say some form of "I don't know". He's a freshman, no one knows yet.
It was just the tone. It would have been very easy for the coach to say "he likes the idea of playing for the U, but he's young and wants to look are around." He never said that first part and went out of his way to say the opposite several times. Just an observation.

per Sid:

• Rochester John Marshall senior Michael Hurt, a Gophers recruit for next season, has a brother named Matthew who is a 6-9 freshman starting for the Rockets and averaging 18.9 points, 8.9 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. He is considered the top recruit in the state for the Class of 2019. He is being recruited by the Gophers, Northwestern, Marquette, Stanford and Virginia.

http://www.startribune.com/taylor-should-keep-wolves-staff-intact/368417811/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Those were brothers Michael (6-7) and Matthew (6-9) Hurt from Rochester John Marshall behind the Gophers’ bench during Wednesday’s loss to Michigan at Williams Arena. Michael has signed with the Gophers, who desperately hope they also can land Matthew.

In John Marshall’s 89-59 victory over Northfield on Friday, Michael Hurt scored 30 points, Matthew 14.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/1...taylor-satisfied-with-his-17-37-timberwolves/

Go Gophers!!

In our recent interview with Michael, he talks about Matthew and if they've played their last game together:

Gopher Hole: Your dad (who is an assistant coach) said that he might have even taken the loss harder than you guys.

Michael Hurt: Yes, for sure. He was probably taking it harder than we did. I think that it was kind of harder for him than my mom. We don't know where Matthew is going to go. It might have been the last time that me and Matthew might have played together, so that is kind of tough for parents and seeing the last time that they are going to get to watch me play every single game.

Gopher Hole: How much did it mean to get to play with him the past two years?

Michael Hurt: It just kind of hit. I have had a lot of time to reflect since then. It was an awesome experience to play with him, not just because he is your brother, but how talented he is and being able to see how much he has grown the past two years is really awesome.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/630038?referrer_id=

Jerry Meyer tweeted recently that he expects a Kansas offer sooner rather than later for Matthew. He is currently leading D1 Minnesota in scoring over guys like Wright, Mar, and Reuvers as well, while playing two years above his age group.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom