All Things Maddyn Greenway Recruitment Thread (Class of 2026, Gophers Offered)

bkeller49

Reaction score
I think some players make up their minds and keep it to themselves, they enjoy the campus visits. Can’t say as I blame them. I assume she can make a verbal commitment any time, I’m not sue that’s true of signing a letter of intent. I wouldn’t bet against her going to Iowa.

BrettMP

Reaction score
Its not a matter of if she commits to Iowa, its when. Her family knew well in advance when the offer was coming but her dad wants to her to go through a little bit of the recruiting process like he did.

ecoperson

Reaction score
Plenty of players commit and still take visits. I imagine it would feel really fake to do so if your heart was set on a certain school. Why play games getting to know coaches and teammates who will soon be future rivals? Quit playing games and wasting people's time... just commit to the team you've dreamed of playing with!

Black N Gold

Reaction score
Plenty of players commit and still take visits. I imagine it would feel really fake to do so if your heart was set on a certain school. Why play games getting to know coaches and teammates who will soon be future rivals? Quit playing games and wasting people's time... just commit to the team you've dreamed of playing with!
People can and do change their minds. Remember how young she is. Things can happen years from now. Most recruiters don't just cave in and give up on young players until they commit somewhere.

ecoperson

Reaction score
People can and do change their minds. Remember how young she is. Things can happen years from now. Most recruiters don't just cave in and give up on young players until they commit somewhere.
I was attempting to be a little cheeky in my post. I agree that young athletes need to especially explore all of their options. And, yes, Whalen and other coaches should continue to put in the effort. You never know what might happen.

The non-Iowa coaches aren't likely going to go all in on Greenway as they need to recruit the position of need. Most will identify and offer another player(s) at that position. If one of these players commits to the non-Iowa team, Greenway's offer will just be pulled.

Greenway needs to be sure that Iowa doesn't find someone better than her at her position or she could be left dancing without a partner! It must be stressful being recruited out of high school as a student athlete in today's world. With the portal now becoming such a focus, scholarships for high school players are in slightly less supply.

bball_craz_26

Reaction score
A lot of assumptions that she going to Iowa.... with no contact with her or people in her circle.

Black N Gold

Reaction score
I was attempting to be a little cheeky in my post. I agree that young athletes need to especially explore all of their options. And, yes, Whalen and other coaches should continue to put in the effort. You never know what might happen.

The non-Iowa coaches aren't likely going to go all in on Greenway as they need to recruit the position of need. Most will identify and offer another player(s) at that position. If one of these players commits to the non-Iowa team, Greenway's offer will just be pulled.

Greenway needs to be sure that Iowa doesn't find someone better than her at her position or she could be left dancing without a partner! It must be stressful being recruited out of high school as a student athlete in today's world. With the portal now becoming such a focus, scholarships for high school players are in slightly less supply.
I don't think Greenway needs to worry about the scholarship being pulled. Hawks fans would go bazerk! I agree the portal has changed the scholarship for high school student athletes. I don't like this portal mess.

ISUnorth

Reaction score
Iowa State offered but I think Cyclones have about a 0.01% probability of getting her. Guessing the offer was like "If something weird happens and you decide no to Iowa we'd love to have you."

Top Bottom