All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

So then the delay on his announcement is just to prevent us from moving on to plan B before they commit elsewhere? Nice.
I think Peterson is waiting on Kerwin.

It’s done now. Go ahead and commit.

Until April of senior year?

You’re either lying (hopefully not) or more likely you just don’t have a clue beyond the kids you personally worked with. Which I doubt is even 5% of a senior class, if it’s a metro sized public high school. You have no idea what the actual statistics are, or you would’ve linked to them.

Without the statistics, I’m just as likely to be correct as you are.
I also work at high school and yes there are a ton of students who have not decided yet, although most athletes do not wait this long. Our division 1 recruit signed in the fall before season. Same with our division 1 baseball player. All our football recruits signed in fall also except one who is a pwo and he finally decided in february.

I also work at high school and yes there are a ton of students who have not decided yet, although most athletes do not wait this long.
"A ton". Again, do you work with every single student in your school?

I'm done with anecdotes. Stats, please. If the stats say I'm wrong, then I'll admit I was wrong and eat crow.

He was 3rd choice for them, must have really wanted to go to unc. Maybe his decision wasnt as excruciating as has been advertised?
Wonder why waiting so long to announce?

Last edited:

Well, at least if he goes to UNC he can review some tapes on Matthew Hurt's season, showing how you can practice social distancing by not getting any meaningful playing time on the court. Somehow I doubt he's made the decision. If he had, why not announce it?

It's not crazy to not have decided on a school by now, but one of the reasons why it's not the norm for athletes is that schools like to be done with their recruiting by now. Most have been done for a long time and have been focused on the 2021 guys now.

I also work at high school and yes there are a ton of students who have not decided yet, although most athletes do not wait this long. Our division 1 recruit signed in the fall before season. Same with our division 1 baseball player. All our football recruits signed in fall also except one who is a pwo and he finally decided in february.
Exactly. Athletes typically different because they have different dates. Not immune to struggling to make a decision though - they are athletes, and are still just 17 or 18 making their first big decision.

Well, at least if he goes to UNC he can review some tapes on Matthew Hurt's season, showing how you can practice social distancing by not getting any meaningful playing time on the court. Somehow I doubt he's made the decision. If he had, why not announce it?

Agree. These reports have come from unc message boards? Why wait so long to commit if decision has been made? Suspicious.

Agree. These reports have come from unc message boards? Why wait so long to commit if decision has been made? Suspicious.

Apparently in football there is a recruit that said the school asked him to wait? Maybe that's the case here?

Somehow I doubt he's made the decision. If he had, why not announce it?
Perfectly valid reasons why he may have been asked to delay his announcement until 4/25, even though the decision is done and in the books.

The delay alone is not proof that he hasn't made a decision. But certainly, it is possible he hasn't. I just don't believe it. We'll see.

You work with every single student? Nope. You have a limited sample size, and likely a biased sample.

The only way to get an appreciable perception of even an entire school, is via the actual statistics for that school (if they're tracked). And more importantly, actual statistics of all seniors in a given year.

If I end up being wrong fine, but guessing if there were actual statistics for all seniors in the country, they would not look like you're making them out to be.

For non-athletes, many students are waiting until February or March of their senior year to see if they're even accepted into the school they want to go to, let alone deciding where they are attending. April is often the time they make final decisions, with May 1st the national day to get your deposits into schools.

I have no idea what the percentages are, but it seems as though you are suggesting a student waiting until April is some rarity. It absolutely is not.

Apparently in football there is a recruit that said the school asked him to wait? Maybe that's the case here?

I suppose. Just hard to imagine what that reason might be. Do they have their eye on someone else they prefer more?

I suppose. Just hard to imagine what that reason might be. Do they have their eye on someone else they prefer more?

The football guy said he is committed, but the school asked him. I have no idea that if you have a commitable offer why they'd want you to wait unless it's related to shelter in place, but that hasn't stopped others. The football kid was a JUCO product which may mean it's different too.

but it seems as though you are suggesting a student waiting until April is some rarity.
I have no idea why you and the others got this twisted like this, but I did not say that.

On the contrary, they suggested it was the norm, to do that. Which I challenge. No one can provide stats, only anecdotes.

Perfectly valid reasons why he may have been asked to delay his announcement until 4/25, even though the decision is done and in the books.

The delay alone is not proof that he hasn't made a decision. But certainly, it is possible he hasn't. I just don't believe it. We'll see.
Such as ??? Give me a few that don't involve UNC wanting to wait to see if they can get someone better.

I have no idea why you and the others got this twisted like this, but I did not say that.

On the contrary, they suggested it was the norm, to do that. Which I challenge. No one can provide stats, only anecdotes.

It was suggested many students wait, and many struggle with the decision and often that means an April decision.

Looks like you agree, too. So, glad we got that settled. Many high school seniors do, indeed, wait until April of their senior year to decide where to attend college.

No need to argue any further.

Interesting how with kerwin supposedly committed that we have heard nothing from our side. Peterson commits, who else were after, etc. Weird how this is happening.

Don't really worry or wrack your brains too much thinking about this. We all know that top recruits from our state have generally a less than 10% chance of coming here. We just have not won enough, and they don't like to pay kids like others schools do. Until they decide to do one or both, expect the type of results you are getting. It sucks, but it is what it is.

So then the delay on his announcement is just to prevent us from moving on to plan B before they commit elsewhere? Nice.

I have to imagine that if it is a done deal, he has let the other coaches know. It's not like they don't have access to Rivals and 247.

What % is "many".

Weasel words.

Who cares? We have established that many students wait. It is a fact. Other than that, why are you so worried about it?

What if 20% wait? What if it is 30%. Or, what if it is 60%? Would that make you feel any better or worse?

Move along, please.

Top Bottom