All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

We have established that many students wait.
You’ve only established that some students wait, not many, nor most (as was the original claim).

I would be fine with: 20-30% is some, 60% is many, 80% is most, or something like that.

It’s not my fault that people are lazy/imprecise with their word choice. I refuse to guess what people meant.

Last edited:

He was 3rd choice for them, must have really wanted to go to unc. Maybe his decision wasnt as excruciating as has been advertised?
Wonder why waiting so long to announce?
I am curious to see how much playing time he gets. I guess we better wait for the official commitment.

Reactions: ltf

You’ve only established that some students wait, not many, nor most (as was the original claim).

I would be fine with: 20-30% is some, 60% is many, 80% is most, or something like that.

It’s not my fault that people are lazy/imprecise with their word choice. I refuse to guess what people meant.
So you argue that most students make their decisions early - where are your stats on that? Or do you not hold yourself to the standards that you hold others to? You’ve provided 0 evidence, either anecdotal or statistical to support your argument yet rip people apart for not having exact numbers.
Sorry to everyone else for keeping this pointless argument going.

I wish we had room for an immediate guy like Kier and for a sit-out guy like Peterson.

I'd much rather get Walton for the long term, but a guy like Kier may be just as helpful for next year.
If Kier wants to come here, I'd take him right now. 40% from the 3. I'm fine with grad transfers being one-season and done.

I'd much rather get Walton for the long term, but a guy like Kier may be just as helpful for next year.
Those stats listed there with that link you posted are his stats from the '18-19 season. Looking at his '19-20 season he only played in a few games as it looks like they were working him back from an injury before getting hurt again to end this year after 9 games. Looks like he re-injured the same foot (stress fracture) and had surgery again. Doesn't seem like a huge injury though as they thought he could have returned in March this past year so he will have plenty of rehab to be ready to go next year.

Game log from this past year posted below.

Not even a shred of evidence that he has committed.

I think the debate on here was around the info that UNC mods were saying he committed to them right before he set his date for the announcement of the 25th.

So you argue that most students make their decisions early - where are your stats on that? Or do you not hold yourself to the standards that you hold others to? You’ve provided 0 evidence, either anecdotal or statistical to support your argument yet rip people apart for not having exact numbers.
Sorry to everyone else for keeping this pointless argument going.
I’m impressed at the persistence of this argument

Are we Peterson's first choice? Because if we are and Walton is supposedly a lock for UNC, Pitino would likely give Peterson the green light to commit to us.

Walton's decision must still be up in the air. Even if we don't get him I'd take Justin Kier or Drew Peterson any day of the week. Kier can contribute right away this season and Peterson could redshirt and maybe start at the 3 next year.

Are we Peterson's first choice? Because if we are and Walton is supposedly a lock for UNC, Pitino would likely give Peterson the green light to commit to us.

Walton's decision must still be up in the air. Even if we don't get him I'd take Justin Kier or Drew Peterson any day of the week. Kier can contribute right away this season and Peterson could redshirt and maybe start at the 3 next year.
Do we at least consider Haarms? I know it's tough with all the unknowns but there's no doubt he can play at a high-level.

did we recruit him out of high school?
Are you unable to Google it yourself? Or do you ask this to passive aggressively dump on the players who are choosing to play basketball here over other solid options?

I have no idea why you and the others got this twisted like this, but I did not say that.

On the contrary, they suggested it was the norm, to do that. Which I challenge. No one can provide stats, only anecdotes.
Why don't you prove your side of the story? Show us the stats that kids don't wait.
I agree with the others who have said that it is not rare for seniors to wait this long.

Do we at least consider Haarms? I know it's tough with all the unknowns but there's no doubt he can play at a high-level.
We definitely consider Haarms but it's a weird situation because Robbins playing this season is up in the air. From what I've seen Robbins is ready to start for us right now so we'd have potentially have to find minutes for both of them.

Have to imagine Haarms picks Kentucky or Texas Tech over us but you never know.

Why don't you prove your side of the story? Show us the stats that kids don't wait.
I agree with the others who have said that it is not rare for seniors to wait this long.
Walton waits, that is all that matters. The vast majority of the top 200 committed well before now.

So you argue that most students make their decisions early
No, I did not.

Why don't you prove your side of the story?
I don't have a side of the story that has to be proven. I asked them to prove their claim.

where are your stats on that?
You’ve provided 0 evidence
Show us the stats that kids don't wait.
This is an incredible failure of logic that you've both attempted to employ.

To demonstrate:
guy: "your house is going to burn down tomorrow night"
me: "whoa, what?! prove that claim, sir!"
guy: "I'm certain that it will. I know another guy, his house burned down two weeks ago."
me: "how does that prove that my house will burn down??"
guy: "you're so certain it won't, where is your proof??"

This is exactly what has gone on here, preposterously, for several posts.

It was claimed that most high school students choose late (hence why Kerwin Walton's choice is late). I challenged that claim. It remains unproven.

We definitely consider Haarms but it's a weird situation because Robbins playing this season is up in the air. From what I've seen Robbins is ready to start for us right now so we'd have potentially have to find minutes for both of them.

Have to imagine Haarms picks Kentucky or Texas Tech over us but you never know.
Agreed I don't anticipate him choosing us. I do think he'll potentially run into the same playing time issues at Kentucky, maybe not so much at Texas Tech. Haven't looked at their rosters to see what is needed. Goes without saying I'm sure he's looking for the spot where he gets the most minutes for the highest level program. Just not sure what that is.

Man if Robbins wasn't able to go for some reason this year it would be great to see Haarms fill that spot. I do think Robbins will get the waiver though in some way.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where Both Haarms and Robbins are playing this year and making that work. You've got Johnson, Ihnen, and potentially Curry. Then maybe Omersa. Too many mouths to feed there.

Agreed I don't anticipate him choosing us. I do think he'll potentially run into the same playing time issues at Kentucky, maybe not so much at Texas Tech. Haven't looked at their rosters to see what is needed. Goes without saying I'm sure he's looking for the spot where he gets the most minutes for the highest level program. Just not sure what that is.

Man if Robbins wasn't able to go for some reason this year it would be great to see Haarms fill that spot. I do think Robbins will get the waiver though in some way.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where Both Haarms and Robbins are playing this year and making that work. You've got Johnson, Ihnen, and potentially Curry. Then maybe Omersa. Too many mouths to feed there.
It's going to be a fun team to watch next year because we're actually going to have a deep rotation of players (a complete 180 from last season). I think the NCAA committee will pass the one-time transfer waiver on May 20th so Robbins should be a go - that's why I'd rather snag Peterson as a future project and redshirt him over getting Haarms (assuming no Walton).

But god if Robbins doesn't gain immediate eligibility we'll be so screwed. Omersa playing center is a scary thought.

It's going to be a fun team to watch next year because we're actually going to have a deep rotation of players (a complete 180 from last season). I think the NCAA committee will pass the one-time transfer waiver on May 20th so Robbins should be a go - that's why I'd rather snag Peterson as a future project and redshirt him over getting Haarms (assuming no Walton).

But god if Robbins doesn't gain immediate eligibility we'll be so screwed. Omersa playing center is a scary thought.
Yeah that would hurt. I'm with you I think all transfers will be a go next year though.

Don't give up on Freeman....

Top Bottom