All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Surprised that nothing has been leaked about Walton. Would also be surprised if he hasn't made up his mind. Weird to set a date and not know. I don't believe that.

Playing time is available immediately with the Willis exit. I see players go to schools where they sit on the bench even thought they could start for another school. There is no substitute for being on the court. I still think Minnesota has a shot, as Walton would be a great fit, for a team that he could impact immediately. The other pieces around him look very good now as well. Could be a great team next year with Walton as one of our leaders.

Coffey equals MN kid who stayed home = NBA Player
Oturo equals MN kid who stayed home = NBA Player
Walton equals___________________

Surprised that nothing has been leaked about Walton. Would also be surprised if he hasn't made up his mind. Weird to set a date and not know. I don't believe that.

Nothing has been leaked because it sounds like he may not have made a choice yet. RJ saying this afternoon Kerwin is talking to Conroy and Pitino daily. The effort is being show, let's see how it all plays out.

Nothing has been leaked because it sounds like he may not have made a choice yet. RJ saying this afternoon Kerwin is talking to Conroy and Pitino daily. The effort is being show, let's see how it all plays out.
I just don't understand why you would set a commit date without knowing where you're going. That's just telling yourself you need to make a decision, which seems indecisive. I'd wait until I knew for sure. At the end of the day, if he throws on that U of M hat I'm all in though.

Georgetown and Vandy seriously in the picture.
How could any late "non-blue chip" school get any serious consideration? It a player can get swayed that easily by a new, mid P5 school, then he really didn't want to take any of the other real offers.

I just don't understand why you would set a commit date without knowing where you're going. That's just telling yourself you need to make a decision, which seems indecisive. I'd wait until I knew for sure. At the end of the day, if he throws on that U of M hat I'm all in though.
It is putting a deadline on it. Some things never happen until it gets down to the decline...

After the big football recruiting weekend, I’m conditioned as a gopher fan to feel w certainty that Walton is going elsewhere. It would be way too much consecutive good news.

Please dont, i know i am not. Was sharing snipets of the conversation that Evan Daniels had with him. So that is your response, just another personal attack. Lets just block each other.
Surprised you haven’t block him already....

Arizona just got another commit from a highly ranked Euro (looks like a wing). Its on ESPN front page. Wondering if this has any effect on Walton.

Arizona just got another commit from a highly ranked Euro (looks like a wing). Its on ESPN front page. Wondering if this has any effect on Walton.
247 puts him as a PG. Arizona still has 3 open scholarships, so it depends on transfer eligibility, guys coming back from injury, and how much this PG plays. The scholarships are there but there are still a lot of unknowns.

I saw this article that mentions Walton, sounds like they still want him. It is 2 weeks old though, but the only difference is they now have Kerr. If anything, the Euro PG might allow Brown to eat some minutes on the wing. Walton is 20 spots higher than Mathurin based on 247 rankings.

UNC also just got a 4* SF commitment tonight , hes a 2021 kid but who knows if that goes into Waltons thought process or not

How could any late "non-blue chip" school get any serious consideration? It a player can get swayed that easily by a new, mid P5 school, then he really didn't want to take any of the other real offers.

That's what Nebraska fans are saying about Dickerson.

I suppose about the only thing you can think about it is: immediate playing time may factor in differently for each recruit and each school.

That's what Nebraska fans are saying about Dickerson.
Not necessarily. I took a look at the Nebby football forum and most of them seem to think Fleck pressured Dickerson into making a quick commitment and that they will be able to sway him before LOI are signed.

Not necessarily. I took a look at the Nebby football forum and most of them seem to think Fleck pressured Dickerson into making a quick commitment and that they will be able to sway him before LOI are signed.

They can think that all they want. Apparently, they think college recruiting isn't a pressure-based business.

I can say this: Based on his Twitter feed after committing, Nebraska fans didn't do themselves any favors. Pretty funny really.

Top Bottom