All Things Kaden Johnson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020, top rated MN HS recruit)

Judging how he was all over the place i bet he will be in the transfer portal in 2 years asking pj to come back

Meh don’t really care. Am really pleased with the recruits we have on d this year. Good luck kid

He is a talented kid and a good fit for that defense.

Oh well, it happens. I am excited about defensive recruits (I think 9 DL and 6 LBers in the last two classes). For as much as PJ loves WR, he has infused some talent into our defensive front 7/6.

Agree, he will be a good fit in Wisconsin's 3-4 system at OLB. Think that was a big part of it.

Another Twin Cities kid that wants to see if the grass is greener outside of Minnesota. Good for him, good luck (except when playing us), now we move on.

Oh well good for him on his choice. Kind of bummed that Minnehaha Academy has been producing good players but so far none of them choosing to wear the maroon and gold. Maybe Chet will be the first.

Kaden and his family have picked what they feel is the best direction for him. While I would have liked to see him as a Gopher, I hope that this is the start of the next great chapter in his life!

Oh well good for him on his choice. Kind of bummed that Minnehaha Academy has been producing good players but so far none of them choosing to wear the maroon and gold. Maybe Chet will be the first.
Makes me wonder what it is that makes this common place? Is it a follow the leader kind of thing? Is it more about the coaches there directing kids elsewhere? Is in in the water?

Makes me wonder what it is that makes this common place? Is it a follow the leader kind of thing? Is it more about the coaches there directing kids elsewhere? Is in in the water?
You can always speculate that coaches get paid off to direct kids to certain colleges. People may hate the idea, but it has been caught in the past. Even recruits (or family members more accurately) getting directly paid.

You'd like to think it's all above board and a fair playing field, but I personally don't think so. People cheat, it's a fact of life.

You can always speculate that coaches get paid off to direct kids to certain colleges. People may hate the idea, but it has been caught in the past. Even recruits (or family members more accurately) getting directly paid.

You'd like to think it's all above board and a fair playing field, but I personally don't think so. People cheat, it's a fact of life.
So you are saying that cheating was involved in Kaden's recruitment? Be specific in your statement. Please give examples.

So you are saying that cheating was involved in Kaden's recruitment? Be specific in your statement. Please give examples.
I swear every college football forum is full of that kind of accusations.

Miami fans were all over the "Nebraska had to pay him" when they took a croot from them earlier this week.

i think with private school kids, not athletes alone, they are just exposed to more collegiate options outside of the local state university. They see their friends visiting and attending schools all over the country at a higher percentage than your local public school. It just becomes common place then to leave the nest and venture out of state.

I think it is wrong to suggest or imply that there was some kind of cheating involved in Kaden’s recruitment. It reflects badly on this Board. I share the puzzlement if many: Why on earth would a young man pass up the chance to be a home town hero FOR LIFE, pass on the opportunity to be featured on a resurgent, beloved home team, and instead choose to play for the “enemy”? There are many factors that go into a decision to pick a direct rival over the beloved home team—and we’ll never know them all. But I can’t believe there was cheating and no one should suggest such a thing without real evidence.

I don't know why guys are shocked SHOCKED at the allegation that money plays a big role in recruiting. As is being revealed on the basketball side of things, recruiting is such a big business, that it's the height of naivete to believe that money isn't involved in a lot of these football scholarships. I remember a few years ago some kid had an instagram account that was just pictures of the Alabama players and what cars they drove around campus. They were all insanely expensive rides. I'm not saying Kaden was on the take, but I'd be shocked if everybody involved in this (or frankly, almost any four star) recruitment was spotless.

Best of luck, kid. It's your life and your decision and you are doing what is right for you - not what some middle-aged, balding fat guys think is right.
However, I hope we beat you and your Badgers every year you're there and that any one of our linebackers are better than you or any of your linebacking teammates.
RTBSUMGG!

It is interesting that he waited. It was from coaches who said he wanted to do so in correlation to a family member's birthday. The 3 - 4 defense was very important to his decision. Also remember that PJ says he's not for everyone. We got the guys we wanted and wanted us.

I don't know why guys are shocked SHOCKED at the allegation that money plays a big role in recruiting. As is being revealed on the basketball side of things, recruiting is such a big business, that it's the height of naivete to believe that money isn't involved in a lot of these football scholarships. I remember a few years ago some kid had an instagram account that was just pictures of the Alabama players and what cars they drove around campus. They were all insanely expensive rides. I'm not saying Kaden was on the take, but I'd be shocked if everybody involved in this (or frankly, almost any four star) recruitment was spotless.
Right.

Or like I said, maybe even just "people of influence" on the young man. A coach, a family member, a "handler", etc. Maybe the recruit doesn't even know about the money.

He didn't want to come here, so be it. If he came her reluctantly, he would have never been good. Would be nice to sign these local guys, however Fleck is clearly getting good players elsewhere. Nice advantage with local guys though is that perhaps more friends, family members etc., buy tickets to go to the games here.

Oh yeah, PJ's gonna offer Chet a grayshirt as a long snapper. It's a virtual lock he signs with Minnesota.

I called him an asshole on his twitter page. It’s shit like this why we don’t have the axe hardly ever

giphy.gif

The SEC and ACC have low academic standards and a history of flaunting their financial cheating. The Big Ten has higher academic standards and, I believe, doesn’t cheat financially. Maybe I’m naive. I do believe, however, quite apart from “side money,” there are coaches, outside trainers and advisors who can poison a young man’s view of the home team. Their motives? Who knows? Kaden made the choice he felt was right for him. Chose home town non-entity over home town hero. Some trusted advisors helped him make that choice. He’ll never know how golden an opportunity he missed, even if Whisky works out very well for him. Bottom line: Fleck’s got to win with kids who want to play for the Gophers. Can’t waste too much time on the kids who don’t—or who have negative advisors.

Last edited:

Top Bottom