All Things Jonathan Nwankwo Thread - He's a GOPHER!!!

Awesome news! Welcome aboard Jonathan!

Count me as the old man, but my first thought when I saw that Nwankwo was reading/posting was concern. I think we’ve all seen parents on these boards (which seems like a bad idea, too), but I definitely do not like the idea of athletes or potential athletes looking at or posting on these boards. The general public should not be heard from. There are just too many idiots, too many overreactions and too many internet tough guys.

I’m not sharing anything new here, but the comments found on any article or at any website is typically a horrendous experience. I enjoy this site and respect a number of the posters, but there is still that 5-10% of people that view the internet as their opportunity to spout of any idea that comes in their mind and it is mostly sarcasm, venom and hatred.

I wish Jonathan the best and he can do as he chooses, but my unsolicited advice is to never look at this site again.

Count me as the old man, but my first thought when I saw that Nwankwo was reading/posting was concern. I think we’ve all seen parents on these boards (which seems like a bad idea, too), but I definitely do not like the idea of athletes or potential athletes looking at or posting on these boards. The general public should not be heard from. There are just too many idiots, too many overreactions and too many internet tough guys.

I’m not sharing anything new here, but the comments found on any article or at any website is typically a horrendous experience. I enjoy this site and respect a number of the posters, but there is still that 5-10% of people that view the internet as their opportunity to spout of any idea that comes in their mind and it is mostly sarcasm, venom and hatred.

I wish Jonathan the best and he can do as he chooses, but my unsolicited advice is to never look at this site again.

Which is exactly what he said he was going to do earlier in this thread!

Welcome to the Gophers Jonathan! 7'2" Wingspan! AWESOME!

This chat room is one of the most polite fan sites I have ever seen! The mods do a great job of weeding out the chaf and getting the bad apples out. But i understand that freaks will make it in and post ridiculous statements.

Jonathan, you just keep the confidence in yourself and keep balling like your life depends on it! I see ou being a fan favorite it the barn for your entire career! Best of luck to you and ........ GO GOPHERS!!!

Welcome Jonathan! Keep posting. Don't listen to the nanny. Be a man. Be an ubberman! Show grit, vision, have a plan and attack that goal with tenacity. And, know whatever anybody writes on a message board is a corrupting influence.

Top Bottom