All Things Jonathan Nwankwo Thread - He's a GOPHER!!!

Was reading last night and couldn't believe what I saw. Announced his commitment on The Gopherhole. Wow.

Jonathan is going to be a factor for years to come. I love his strength! Reminds me of Mbakwe but a few inches taller. Welcome aboard! Your commitment will really help us in the paint for the next four years.

Awesome news! Welcome aboard!

I wanted you guys to know before anyone post it on twitter. As I just told coach Pitino, "I'm in!" Let's bring a chip to the U. And I give you my word, I'll work my hardest and do my best because that's what you guys deserve. I want you to know that your passion for the team helped make this an easy decision. I'll see you guys at the football game tomorrow when we smash middle Tennessee! View attachment 2869

Welcome Jonathan! So glad to have you on board!

His post history is hilarious. I love how his first handful of comments are "+1" to any comment that guessed Nwanko as our next commitment. He had about 8 posts on here before anyone knew who he was. That's my kinda recruit.

My guess is Pitino tells you to never read this site again. So if you never see this post. Welcome aboard!

His post history is hilarious. I love how his first handful of comments are "+1" to any comment that guessed Nwanko as our next commitment. He had about 8 posts on here before anyone knew who he was. That's my kinda recruit.

My guess is Pitino tells you to never read this site again. So if you never see this post. Welcome aboard! :(

+1

Great news. Love how this guy gets fed the ball down low and then goes straight to the basket (i.e. he has a tendency to take the ball immediately upward and finish at the rim versus bringing the ball down to the floor first before taking it to the basket). Separately, the guy seems like a class act off the court as well! This is another Pitino recruit with exceptional upside in my humble view. Welcome Jonathan.

Already looking forward to that first rim rattling dunk in the Barn! Welcome to Minnesota!

JNBall - this is the most awesome news in Gopher Basketball! Welcome aboard!

Welcome fans to the Pitino High Octane Basketball!

The Barn will be rocking for years to come. Richard Pitino will be right to stay here and build a basketball dynasty. I am biased, but think there is no other place in the country like iconic Williams Arena with its raised flooring.

For those of you who haven't secured your season tickets, better get them now before it is too late!

+1

and while we got a captive audience....

JN can you just tell us your height with/without shoes, how long your wing span is, if your doctor told you have room to grow, how much you weigh pre-bowel movement and post bowel movement this morning, whats your favorite breakfast food and cartoon character....

These are things we will argue about for the next 12-18 months until you touch the court, if you could just clear that up for us right now that would be greaaaaat......

We took measurements at the school this weekend. I'm 6'10, 250. 7'2 wing span. And every basketball player's doctor tells them they're still growing lol. But my doctor said I might grow 1 or 2 more inches.

I just want to say this has been one of the best moments of my life. Hanging with my future teammates and coaches was real cool. The fans have been great to me and my family all over the place on campus. I can't wait to get back here, bcuz I feel like I'm going to miss it already. I hope Alex commits next. I never met him, but I like how he plays. But whoever the next commit is, I'll be happy because the coaches know what they're doing. I'll probably never comment on here again after today, cuz I don't want to get into trouble. but it has been really fun. https://vimeo.com/105472704

you guys were crazy at the football game, lmao. I loved it. Go Gophers!!!

We took measurements at the school this weekend. I'm 6'10, 250. 7'2 wing span. And every basketball player's doctor tells them they're still growing lol. But my doctor said I might grow 1 or 2 more inches.

+250

You're a cool kid. Good luck young buck. Bring our school back to the promise land!

I'll probably never comment on here again after today, cuz I don't want to get into trouble. but it has been really fun.

And like a shooting star across the GH universe, JNBall was gone...but oh what a memorable experience for us all!

I just want to say this has been one of the best moments of my life. Hanging with my future teammates and coaches was real cool. The fans have been great to me and my family all over the place on campus. I can't wait to get back here, bcuz I feel like I'm going to miss it already. I hope Alex commits next. I never met him, but I like how he plays. But whoever the next commit is, I'll be happy because the coaches know what they're doing. I'll probably never comment on here again after today, cuz I don't want to get into trouble. but it has been really fun. https://vimeo.com/105472704

What a great person you are. You will be quite an asset to our team on and off the court.

The Gophers are lucky to get you. Welcome. Get ready though because you will be needed right away in November 2015!

+amillion

awesome updates, glad you had such a great weekend. really excited to have you part of the program and would love to hear from you during your senior year of HS to hear how the season is going. ski-u-mah!

Well if there WAS any doubt that recruits and players read this message board...

Probably a good reminder to keep our criticism respectful and constructive.

I do hope, for his sake, that Jn deletes his account and never comes back to the site. Awesome access for us, but we do tend to get a bit zealous here and forget who might be reading.

Jn is the MAN!

Well if there WAS any doubt that recruits and players read this message board...

+1

Can't be emphasized enough.

Just fantastic the way you broke it here! Much respect. Also tells me you know this game is for the fans.

You are now my favorite player for the Gophers!

Sorry to all the other guys...love ya, but this was too cool.

JNBball do not mind some of the posters here... One BOZO actually posted that Austin Hollins should be benched after a couple off games. Austin was the best defender on the team as well as having the second best overall stats. Most folks are solid but a few will turn in a heartbeat.

I hope Alex commits next. I never met him, but I like how he plays.

I'll overreact and read way too much into this, but this tells me a little about how Jarvis's visit this weekend went.

Congrats on the commit JN! Also, "+1" seems like an appropriate nickname for you, as it fits well with basketball.

Well said, I am a bit surprised that the players and recruits have interest in these posts, I always thought other things were on their minds rather then the rantings of fans. It is nice to know that some of them appreciate or at least have some interest in comments and attention we write of them.

I do hope, for his sake, that Jn deletes his account and never comes back to the site. Awesome access for us, but we do tend to get a bit zealous here and forget who might be reading.

Jn is the MAN!

Completely agree!

He didn't clarify if that was with or without shoes! JK. 6'-10" and 250lbs, that's one lean strong young man.

Top Bottom