All Things Jayden Moore Recruitment Thread (Class of 2026, Hopkins HS)

Does anyone else find it odd that the player is tweeting out his stats? That seems like a school, club, or observer duty.
High school stats are spotty at best. Some schools to a great job, others are pretty brutal

High school stats are spotty at best. Some schools to a great job, others are pretty brutal
Agreed, but it still seems odd that he's sending out his own. I know the world is different, but not long ago not many people beyond your own household wanted or needed stats in any kind of hurry. Just seems weird to me.

Agreed, but it still seems odd that he's sending out his own. I know the world is different, but not long ago not many people beyond your own household wanted or needed stats in any kind of hurry. Just seems weird to me.
He's proud he had a decent game...probably not much more to look into than that.

I’m thinking, after viewing and listening to the video, might also be someone else behind it.

Edit: darn challenges of the English language

Last edited:

I don’t understand why we haven’t offered. We could have 2 years ago and it would have been fine, no reason the hometown team should be behind anyone else, let alone multiple schools in offering Moore.

Go Gophers!!

Don’t worry, we have 4 more years of turning .200% B10 winning percentage for him to watch.

He should go to UCLA under Mick Cronin. Still get to play in front of his home fans now that UCLA will be in the B10.

Or anyone in the Big East with all these UST home games ;)

What's there to offer? A verbal offer? Hey if you are still alive in 3 years and get qualifying grades, don't blow out a knee, we still need your position, and I'm still coach, I'd like you go come to the U. ???

Last edited:

Correct. Some schools don't care about promoting any individual stats. Saw a tweet for coaches to get nominations in for All-State and All-Star games and you can't even nominate the player if you're not a member of the Coaches Association.

Dumb post.
I don't know the situation, but let's say he has an offer from one school and really no relationship, but has a relationship with Johnson/MN staff building with no offer. I would take the latter at this point.

Saw Moore in person tonight. Couple thoughts:

1. He’s blazing quick and has a knack for steals.
2. Very built for a freshman.
3. Seems like a good- not great shooter (Hopkins’ sophomore shooting guard scored the first 9 points of the game on three 3s)
4. Had a breakaway where he attempted a dunk and it didn’t seem like he was quite able to get up high enough for it but he got his own rebound and put it in.
5. I kind of wonder if the reason Johnson hasn’t offered yet is they’re waiting to see what happens with his maturity. He got banged up driving to the basket towards the end of the first half, sulked a while and then seemed to play on tilt for a while before the half mercifully ended for Hopkins. He also got a Tech in the 2nd half doing or saying something by STMA’s bench

Overall I was impressed. Definitely one to watch

You don’t need to be the first offer but it’s good to offer. Hard to believe he won’t be a high major kid

I don't know the situation, but let's say he has an offer from one school and really no relationship, but has a relationship with Johnson/MN staff building with no offer. I would take the latter at this point.
You are not a 16 yr old kid in today's generation......

Top Bottom