All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

Optics, my man. Optics.

As discussed previously, when talent is thin in the State you have to nab the top guys. Davis might not be in the top 100 in Florida or Texas, but he's #2 here. It has long term effects as younger guys continually see guys leaving Minnesota.

Fleck has been hailed as this master recruiter. Leaps and bounds ahead of previous Gopher HCs.

Time, actually long past time, to prove it.
Dude we get you are a troll, but why do you just make so much crap up? He isn't ranked #2.

So... I used Rivals AND 24/7 high school rankings from 2018 to the present.

Educate me on which kid ranked #1 in Minnesota committed to Minnesota.

TIA

BTW: You can't use QC:)
Well he gets credit for 2017, so Andries. In 2018 he didn't offer Alston, so that isn't a swing and a miss. He got Spann Ford who was ranked #2.

Well he gets credit for 2017, so Andries. In 2018 he didn't offer Alston, so that isn't a swing and a miss. He got Spann Ford who was ranked #2.
Just looked ... Andries committed in April 2016. Fleck was hired after that. You seriously giving PJ credit for that?

LOL You're desperate.

Is Howard a Gopher commit yet?

I feel bad for you. I can't imagine what it's like to create a GH account for the sole purpose of ripping on the head coach.

Anyway I won't spend anymore time trying to convince you to enjoy things, so best of luck going forward.
I honestly don't know why anyone still wastes time with Boomy and his trolling. I mean I get that it is tough to ignore just the complete and utter stupidity of his posts but responding to him just encourages him to post more often and that is bad for the board. :)

I honestly don't know why anyone still wastes time with Boomy and his trolling. I mean I get that it is tough to ignore just the complete and utter stupidity of his posts but responding to him just encourages him to post more often and that is bad for the board. :)
Yeah I'm sorry guys. I'm done with him. If he actually took the time to make his supposed gripes with Fleck make sense it would make things more interesting. But obviously just a very strange Iowa fan.

Yeah I'm sorry guys. I'm done with him. If he actually took the time to make his supposed gripes with Fleck make sense it would make things more interesting. But obviously just a very strange Iowa fan.
Yep I'm guilty of keeping it going myself, but I'll avoid him going forward.

Compared to every Gophers coach since the South integrated, yeah, it's pretty good.
Unfortunately, that says more about futility since the days of Bierman.

With the B1G $$$ overflowing, Coyle can afford to go after some NFL guy or high level college OC/DC.

Funny how he has yet to respond to me about having 7 of the top 10 instate recruits committed. He also hasn't responded to the fact that Davis is not the #2 in state recruit, but the #4 and that we have #2 and #3 committed.

Almost like he's ignoring the facts that don't fit his narrative.

Attack the messenger, not the message.

Solid strategy.
Your message has been the same for as long as I’ve seen your name on this board. Fleck had achieved at what most presumed to be an impossible level both on and off the field. My wife teaches at the U and has great experiences with our student athletes in the FB program. COVID year was weird, but 11-2, 9-4, and a strong finish in 2018 is what we’re building from… in the face of an NIL landscape no other MN coach has had to deal with, he has more depth on this team than at any point in the last 50 years. If you want to hate, go ahead and hate. Just don’t call yourself a fan.

Your message has been the same for as long as I’ve seen your name on this board. Fleck had achieved at what most presumed to be an impossible level both on and off the field. My wife teaches at the U and has great experiences with our student athletes in the FB program. COVID year was weird, but 11-2, 9-4, and a strong finish in 2018 is what we’re building from… in the face of an NIL landscape no other MN coach has had to deal with, he has more depth on this team than at any point in the last 50 years. If you want to hate, go ahead and hate. Just don’t call yourself a fan.
Fleck has a .603 winning percentage and that includes the 11-2 season.

If fans settle for that, we deserve PJ.

Fleck has a .603 winning percentage and that includes the 11-2 season.

If fans settle for that, we deserve PJ.
Best 3 year conference winning percentage since the 60s

I’m not willing to fire him yet. I take it you are?

Best 3 year conference winning percentage since the 60s

I’m not willing to fire him yet. I take it you are?
I am just saying with the $$$ available, we should aim higher.

We have a grad transfer on the sidelines whose only task is to inform the HC where the TV cameras are pointed.

LOL....Boomy keeps using "we"....do you guys think he really believes that there is anyone on this board that actually thinks he is a Gopher fan? I mean there is delusional and then there is just sad.

I am just saying with the $$$ available, we should aim higher.

We have a grad transfer on the sidelines whose only task is to inform the HC where the TV cameras are pointed.
Who is better than him that is making less than him

I put him on ignore a long time ago.. One of only two posters I've done that for, but my life is better for it. I'm all for open dialogue, but this dude clearly has an agenda and isn't even covert about it. I can't waste time with people like that.

LOL....Boomy keeps using "we"....do you guys think he really believes that there is anyone on this board that actually thinks he is a Gopher fan? I mean there is delusional and then there is just sad.
Is this the kid that posted under a different name a few years ago? - he was a Harry Potter fanboy too.

Who is better than him that is making less than him
This is an easy fix. With the $$$ available, you go after guys like Gundy, Holgorsen, or HCs in conferences outside the B1G/SEC if you're content with a current P5 HC.

Guys who have coached a P5 program or a lead asst at a blueblood. Money is no object. You aim higher than a Western Michigan resume'.

I really don't understand not having high goals?

This is an easy fix. With the $$$ available, you go after guys like Gundy, Holgorsen, or HCs in conferences outside the B1G/SEC if you're content with a current P5 HC.

Guys who have coached a P5 program or a lead asst at a blueblood. Money is no object. You aim higher than a Western Michigan resume'.

I really don't understand not having high goals?
A guy who got run out of West Virginia

Last 4 years of fleck
19-15 in conference
0 conference titles
1 top 10 finish

Last 4 years of gundy
22-14 in conference
1 top 10 finish

If those are your two names you don’t have high goals…you have a poor understanding of what good is.

Back for a brief moment to the actual thread. If I were advising a young man I’d tell him to announce his choice live on local TV if he is choosing the local school, but to skip the local TV display if he is choosing against the home town school. Difference between being a hometown hero and being seen as dissing your own home town. But, if you want to be on TV, I guess this distinction might not be a consideration.

Back for a brief moment to the actual thread. If I were advising a young man I’d tell him to announce his choice live on local TV if he is choosing the local school, but to skip the local TV display if he is choosing against the home town school. Difference between being a hometown hero and being seen as dissing your own home town. But, if you want to be on TV, I guess this distinction might not be a consideration.
I'd tell the coach, send in my papers when I can sign, and never make a public statement.

Top Bottom