All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

I will be very much surprised if Howard picks the Gophers tomorrow. I’ve just seen this go the same way with highly regarded MN bball and fball recruits seemingly every time.

It is repeating history that I can’t off hand think of exceptions. Huge impressive offer list. Final three or four consisting of household brand names AND the Gophers. All the right, hopeful comments from the recruit. Announced commitment date, usually involving a table and hats. Off they go to the state of North Carolina or Florida. I wonder why I bothered to be interested. Rinse. Repeat.

The only variable seems to be KARE 11 being dumb enough to show it live.

I will be very much surprised if Howard picks the Gophers tomorrow. I’ve just seen this go the same way with highly regarded MN bball and fball recruits seemingly every time.

It is repeating history that I can’t off hand think of exceptions. Huge impressive offer list. Final three or four consisting of household brand names AND the Gophers. All the right, hopeful comments from the recruit. Announced commitment date, usually involving a table and hats. Off they go to the state of North Carolina or Florida. I wonder why I bothered to be interested. Rinse. Repeat.

Jeff Jones maybe?

Obviously everyone will want Jaxon to be a Gopher, but if he is not, he sure as hell did a lot to promote Gopher football and likely helped direct a bunch of recruits to campus as well.
He did, and that is why I believe he will be a Gopher.

CB to LSU.
Ugh, usually the CBs the day before are correct....weird as the rumors seemed to have LSU out of the picture, but maybe they were wrong or the official visit made an impression

Carter Coughlin.

Tough to fault guys with great options for wanting to get away from home. Happens with the top guys all over the country. Hopefully he ends up here but if he doesn't I don't think it was because he was stringing us along or pretending to be interested in coming here.

Without NIL, I would have been about 75% confident Howard was going to be a Gopher. With NIL, I was about 20% confident, and the Crystal Ball to LSU now has me at an optimistic 10%. I would love to be wrong.

I hope I'm surprised on Friday, but it looks like he won't be a gopher :/

Hoping that Carter Coughlin got a hold of him.

Yeah, seems like the longer they take the less chance there is of coming here. Jeff Jones committed to us pretty early so did Coughlin. I don't like our odds with Howard, I don't even like our odds with Elineus Davis.

It could be a lot more than NIL. If Howard wasn’t from here we’d have no illusions of him coming here. But LSU gets guys rated like him all the time. National brand, can compete for national title

KARE 11 live is a death knell for the Gophers. There is still hope that he will transfer to Minnesota.

Top Bottom