All Things Jashon Cornell Thread: Cornell commits to Ohio St

You should always come to a very strong judgement of a player when you've only seen one game. Especially when they're just coming back from a concussion. Keep up the good work.

maybe i'm coming back from a concussion and my judgement is not strong enough..

why? since its only true that every D lineman is doubled at some point of the game just due to blocking schemes for different plays? :rolleyes:

Haha, partly this, as well as the fact that regardless of how you feel about Cornell's national standing, it's pretty clear he is the best DL on his team, it would be beyond insane for a HS coach to NEVER double team the best opposing DL

per Shama:

Cretin-Derham Hall High School assistant coach Ray Hitchcock said there’s a “pail of mail” at school every day from colleges wooing junior defensive end Jashon Cornell. He has been rated the No. 1 high school football prospect in the nation for the class of 2015 by ESPN.com. Hitchcock believes Gophers coach Jerry Kill has reason for optimism in the recruitment of the 16-year-old. “I think Jerry has a great shot,” Hitchcock said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota has a good shot. He seems different than many of the top guys. He doesn't seem to want flash or grandeur. Minnesota may be enough for him.

"After a lot of hours we narrowed it down to Cal, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Stanford, USC and Wisconsin," he said.*Cornell says that there are five other schools - Arkansas, Nebraska, Penn State, Texas and Vanderbilt -- that aren't officially on the list, but he calls them dark horse candidates.*

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The ESPN300 was updated recently and Cornell remained the #1 recruit. Consider me surprised. I watched him play a couple of times and he doesn't scream #1 to me. I still think Rivals has him rated more realistically. They currently have him as a high 4*/fringe 5*

well no matter if he is the number one ranked guy or not coach kill will maximize his potential if he chooses to play here.. there is no doubt in my mind seeing what he did with larry english and rashede i have no doubt..

Wish he didn't have so many B1G teams on his list. Would hate to see him end up at Iowa or Wisconsin.

Wonder why Cal is one of his 'finalists' ? Ole Miss and Vandy would usual stand out but those schools have done well recruiting recently so it's more understandable.

just like all cretin kids..unfortunately i doubt he's coming here its all lip service

"After a lot of hours we narrowed it down to Cal, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Stanford, USC and Wisconsin," he said.*Cornell says that there are five other schools - Arkansas, Nebraska, Penn State, Texas and Vanderbilt -- that aren't officially on the list, but he calls them dark horse candidates.*

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

"First off I'd like to thank my parents and God for giving me the opportunity to play football at the next level...Afer careful consideration and much thought, I'm going to be taking my talents to one of the following 40-sum school........"

I hate when lists are this long.

"First off I'd like to thank my parents and God for giving me the opportunity to play football at the next level...Afer careful consideration and much thought, I'm going to be taking my talents to one of the following 40-sum school........"

I hate when lists are this long.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

After careful consideration and review of the 123 team playing in the FBS, I've decided to eliminate UL-Monroe and North Texas. Congrats other 121 teams! I'll keep you posted.

Jashon will be a gopher after we go 10-2 next year and Michigan and Notre Dame each have another 7 win season

Wish he didn't have so many B1G teams on his list. Would hate to see him end up at Iowa or Wisconsin.

This would lead me to believe he leans toward staying in the Midwest/Big Ten area.

It's a counter shot to the Tyus Jones burn. Kevon Looney was a big Wisconsin basketball prospect that unexpectedly chose UCLA which was far more of a burn to Badger Fans than Tyus was to us as nobody expected Tyus to choose the UofM.

It's a counter shot to the Tyus Jones burn. Kevon Looney was a big Wisconsin basketball prospect that unexpectedly chose UCLA which was far more of a burn to Badger Fans than Tyus was to us as nobody expected Tyus to choose the UofM.

no one expected looney to pick UW either

He'll end up at Notre Dame. Notre Dame gets a lot of those Cretin guys because of the Catholic connection. The Gophers would have a better chance at these guys if they didn't play exclusively for Cretin. They need to stay at their local high schools if we want them.

no you can't say he is going to ND just because he goes to Cretin, and most of those cretin guys that have played for ND aren't even catholic, thats not the correlation, Jashon even gets annoyed when you assume he is leaning to ND just because of cretin

It would be, if we weren't already ranked 10th in the nation...

No one expected Looney to choose Wisconsin, either. Just saying.

was Jashon at the Wofford basketball game last night to see Sam Newman's older brother? the entire Cretin basketball team went but i don't know if Jashon went as well

Tyus was never a verbal here, asshat. Jones is.

he was talking about Jashon, not Jeff Jones but i think we have a better shot at Jashon then Tyus with an arguably better team and will have an even better team next year that will win more games compared to our basketball team's that we have fielded and the amount of winning we had during the Tyus recruitment

he was talking about Jashon, not Jeff Jones but i think we have a better shot at Jashon then Tyus with an arguably better team and will have an even better team next year that will win more games compared to our basketball team's that we have fielded and the amount of winning we had during the Tyus recruitment

Damnit, I'm so ****ing sick of seeing badger fans posting in every ****ing thread here that I got my threads mixed up. I just want the mods to give me the ban hammer for one day.

Top Bottom