All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

Per Matt Jessen-Howard:

- Jarvis and I talked about Michigan State. He made it sound like they’re making him a priority

- Jarvis Johnson didn’t play much at all against the New York Lightning. On the bench, his body language signaled that something was certainly wrong. In the eleven minutes that he did play, he turned the ball over four times and didn’t record an assist. Jarvis played a little bit better and looked more comfortable against Baltimore Elite. He made some nice plays near the hoop today, and finished well with both hands.

http://go4report.com/post-eybl-dinkytown-dirt-eybl-recap/

Yeah, so much so that they just signed PG Eron Harris, a transfer from West Virginia to go along with Tum Tum. Quite the priority for them... :clap:

I'm sure Jarvis like any recruit believes every school is making him a priority on the surface, looking at their PG targets I would think Jarvis is Izzo's third choice. Just my opinion. I'm guessing Jarvis is Pitino's top PG target, although if Dorsey were to commit first that could change

Yeah, so much so that they just signed PG Eron Harris, a transfer from West Virginia to go along with Tum Tum. Quite the priority for them... :clap:

I'd like to think that was good news for us, but Eron Harris is a shooting guard.

per @PulleyHoops:

Congratulations Alex Illikainen, Jarvis Johnson and Sacar Anim who have been invited to participate in the Victor Oladipo & Ty Lawson All American Camp presented by The Elite Skills Basketball School - ESBS. This is one of NIKE's premier basketball events for elite high school basketball players. The 2014 Victor Oladipo & Ty Lawson All American Camp will be conducted on the illustrious campus of Dematha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, MD from July 9-11, 2014. This event is limited to 60 of the nation's elite high school players, by invitation only.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s236ep

Go Gophers!!

Per Ryan James, Jarvis is visiting unofficially this Saturday. He says that he is also supposedly in the process of setting up trips to UNLV and MSU but he wonders if the hard press will be put on Jarvis by Minnesota. He also said he's betting that no commitment will happen but he has a feeling there is a chance.

Just FWIW

Oops, thought this was the 2015 thread. Deleted original post. Thanks for the info though on Jarvis!

per the Daily:

On May 3, Johnson said he and Pitino had been in contact for a while.

“I would say I’d have a big impact on the game [at Minnesota],” said Johnson, who also has offers from Michigan State and Wisconsin. “You know you’ve got to play good defense in college basketball.”

Tyus Jones, who played point guard for Howard Pulley last season before committing to Duke, has been helping Johnson through the recruiting process.

“I talk to him a lot. Jarvis is like my little brother,” Jones said. “He’s got a great support system, and I think that’s really the key.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-basketball/2014/06/10/year-pitino-builds-stronger-ties

Go Gophers!!

per the Daily:

On May 3, Johnson said he and Pitino had been in contact for a while.

“I would say I’d have a big impact on the game [at Minnesota],” said Johnson, who also has offers from Michigan State and Wisconsin. “You know you’ve got to play good defense in college basketball.”

Tyus Jones, who played point guard for Howard Pulley last season before committing to Duke, has been helping Johnson through the recruiting process.

“I talk to him a lot. Jarvis is like my little brother,” Jones said. “He’s got a great support system, and I think that’s really the key.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-basketball/2014/06/10/year-pitino-builds-stronger-ties

Go Gophers!!

Shut up Tyus, you stay out of this.

Did Ryan James really say that he has a feeling there is a chance for a commitment this weekend? I can't handle this.

Did Ryan James really say that he has a feeling there is a chance for a commitment this weekend? I can't handle this.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. It sounds like James was just assuming there's a slight chance because he thinks we are going to pressure him a bit... not based on anything Jarvis has said or done. I think he'll still want to visit some other schools. Hope I'm wrong though, if we do a commit from him I'm going to have to find Golden Shower's wife!!! ;)

Per Ryan James, Jarvis is visiting unofficially this Saturday. He says that he is also supposedly in the process of setting up trips to UNLV and MSU but he wonders if the hard press will be put on Jarvis by Minnesota. He also said he's betting that no commitment will happen but he has a feeling there is a chance.

Just FWIW

lloyd-300x300.jpg

Probably speculation due to the Dorsey coming on his visit this month. Possibly pressure on one to commit first if they want to be here.

The board has been down on Jarvis Lately, even though most say they would welcome him with open arms it seems we still think there are way better recruits to get.

I for 1 would be stoked with a commitment from him.
I think if he goes elsewhere he'd feel like a big miss after a couple years. especially if the Badgers or MSU gets him.

I hate seeing those 2 schools cherry pick talent from MN.

Hopefully he starts a trend of staying home and being successful and hopefully Alex and Coffey and/or Marshawn Wilson are not far behind.

I would be VERY surprised if Michigan State is an option for Jarvis anymore. They just picked up another transfer in PG Bryn Forbes who averaged about 16 ppg for Cleveland State as a Sophomore this year. Will be eligible in 15-16. Forbes, and Tum Tum at PG, with Eron Harris at SG. Wouldn't think Jarvis would even consider it with the logjam at the guard spots.

I would be VERY surprised if Michigan State is an option for Jarvis anymore. They just picked up another transfer in PG Bryn Forbes who averaged about 16 ppg for Cleveland State as a Sophomore this year. Will be eligible in 15-16. Forbes, and Tum Tum at PG, with Eron Harris at SG. Wouldn't think Jarvis would even consider it with the logjam at the guard spots.
I find it ironic that Izzo was just bitching about how the transfer rule is ruining basketball and yet he just added two more transfers in the last week

I find it ironic that Izzo was just bitching about how the transfer rule is ruining basketball and yet he just added two more transfers in the last week

While true, you have to realize he has to operate in that world. If everyone else is doing playing the transfers game, then you cannot ignore the transfers yourself. You cannot expect people who don't like the rules of the system to be holier-than-thou and not keep up with the Jones'. All you do is set yourself up for failure. It's the same tired argument with politicians being against Citizens United but taking the money. Some people have to work in a cesspool. That doesn't necessarily mean they are tainted if they try to change the cesspool. The change has to be all or nothing. That's the problem.

Ripping Izzo actually makes the situation worse. He wants change, but the people who call him a hypocrite delegitimize his argument, which makes the cry for change muffled. If you want realistic change, you should probably back him up by saying a respectable coach is correct when he says the rules aren't working right.

best chance of Big Jarv getting the rock handed to him Day 1 are the Gophs

I don't really think Jarvis is day 1 starter talent. That is some high praise. If he is, then it's because Nate Mason didn't work out or he developed a jump shot.

Starter by conference season? Possibly. Day 1 on a big ten team? Then we had major pg problems in 2014.

That's just my opinion though.

I don't really think Jarvis is day 1 starter talent. That is some high praise. If he is, then it's because Nate Mason didn't work out or he developed a jump shot.

Starter by conference season? Possibly. Day 1 on a big ten team? Then we had major pg problems in 2014.

I think one year of being Mathieu's back up is to early to determine if Mason didn't work out. I'm guessing as a sophmore Mason and Jarvis or whoever comes in will be splitting the minutes at PG

I don't see it either, when I've seen him with Pulley the half court offense really struggled when he was at PG, Broman did a much better job getting the team into offensive sets, he's very quick and when he gets into the middle he is a very good passer but he's got a long way to go before he is a B1G PG.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jarvis Johnson and his family are beginning their unofficial visit to Minnesota right now.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/477920723227246594">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't see it either, when I've seen him with Pulley the half court offense really struggled when he was at PG, Broman did a much better job getting the team into offensive sets, he's very quick and when he gets into the middle he is a very good passer but he's got a long way to go before he is a B1G PG.

+1 from the games I've seen with him and Broman, Broman looks like the best PG for the team. Saying that I like Jarvis because his athleticism and potential he holds.

Ryan James tweeted Jarvis's unofficial went extremely well today! Hopefully a commit comes soon!

We spoke with a source very close to the situation about Jarvis' visit and were told "great visit, great chemistry"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When we asked about Jarvis Johnson's visit with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> today, we were told "great visit, great chemistry"</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/477961420668420096">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Heard the <a href="https://twitter.com/MuhneyyChief_12">@MuhneyyChief_12</a> unofficial visit with the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> went "very well" today. Not surprised but always a good sign.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/477998746903805952">June 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

A commit this summer from Jarvis would be huge. Grab that elite PG that guys love to play with, and then you have all of fall to recruit other 4* talent around him.

Top Bottom