All Things Ja'Quan Newton and Isaiah Whitehead Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAN EVERYONE PUT dpodoll68 ON THEIR IGNORE LIST SO WE DON'T DERAIL EVERY THREAD HE TROLLS?

Thanks.

This was only slightly uncalled for. Especially from someone who lives in Wisconsin.

Mods - you delete practically every post I put on the basketball forum for the terrible crimes of defending Tubby and being right about Pitino's recruiting - are you going to let this post remain?

This was only slightly uncalled for. Especially from someone who lives in Wisconsin.

Mods - you delete practically every post I put on the basketball forum for the terrible crimes of defending Tubby and being right about Pitino's recruiting - are you going to let this post remain?

THIS IS PROOF THAT YOU ARE A TROLL WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO PISS EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF GOPHERHOLE OFF! And I don't think I can promise to ignore the ignorant (dpodoll68) but I will try my hardest!

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

THIS IS PROOF THAT YOU ARE A TROLL WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO PISS EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF GOPHERHOLE OFF! And I don't think I can promise to ignore the ignorant (dpodoll68) but I will try my hardest!

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

MadisonLovingGopher starts a post extolling everyone to ignore me. I defend myself, and I'M the troll? No, I'm stating an unpopular opinion and people are name-calling me because they don't like it and don't want to hear it. It's happened to me plenty before (before you were here) and it will happen to me again (after you're gone).

I'm late to the party. What are you right about with regards to Pitino's recruiting?

MadisonLovingGopher starts a post extolling everyone to ignore me. I defend myself, and I'M the troll? No, I'm stating an unpopular opinion and people are name-calling me because they don't like it and don't want to hear it. It's happened to me plenty before (before you were here) and it will happen to me again (after you're gone).

You're right, as you've continued to point out, that you have been on GopherHole longer than most... What you're wrong about is the fact that this somehow means you know more about Gopher Hoops than anyone else on here...

Actually, maybe we should build a statue you for you outside the Barn... Considering you've been on GH (trolling) since before it was even built. All praise the all knowing Dpodoll68!!!

It's not an opinion DPO. You are constantly saying you are right in every single facet of your argument without even regarding other posters' opinions or ideas. It's like you have some in-roads with all these recruits and know for a FACT they aren't coming here. That is trolling. You don't know any more than any other poster on here and your pessimistic remarks are what piss people off. You have NO idea what any recruit is thinking and for all we know, we could end up with 4 highly regarded recruits. Stop being so negative, it's exhausting.

Looks like people are still feeding the Troll.

LOCK THIS THREAD UP.

LOCK THIS THREAD UP.

+1. We already have a Whitehead thread and Newton is of no interest to us anymore. Might as well lock this up, it has taken a turn for the worse anyways.

LOCK THIS THREAD UP.

+1

Anyways....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Congrats To My Philly Bull <a href="https://twitter.com/J_Newton20">@J_Newton20</a> On Committing To Miami Today </p>— Isaiah Whitehead (@Isaiah_W15) <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_W15/statuses/365249602057809921">August 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think we need to remember that we have just started to see some of the recruits make their decisions. We very well may end up with a recruiting class that is full of 4 and 5 star recruits or we may end up with a class full of 2 and 3 star recruits, as dpol would suggest. But if we were honest with ourselves the day that Pitino was hired, we would probably have predicted a class of 2 and 3 star recruits. So dpol's "predictions" are not worthy of being lauded. At this point, Minnesota is still not an elite program. Hopefully in a couple years it will be. But it isn't now. Tubby didn't elevate the program to that level. I think we need to just let this play out a little bit.

I think we need to remember that we have just started to see some of the recruits make their decisions. We very well may end up with a recruiting class that is full of 4 and 5 star recruits or we may end up with a class full of 2 and 3 star recruits, as dpol would suggest. But if we were honest with ourselves the day that Pitino was hired, we would probably have predicted a class of 2 and 3 star recruits. So dpol's "predictions" are not worthy of being lauded. At this point, Minnesota is still not an elite program. Hopefully in a couple years it will be. But it isn't now. Tubby didn't elevate the program to that level. I think we need to just let this play out a little bit.

+1 could not agree more.

+1 could not agree more.

Add me to that. The first step is to believe in the program and what it can be and aim to be great. Pitino is doing that and he has us being considered by 20+ top 100 players and another 20 in the top 250. That's incredible. Players think he's cool and that the style of play will be fun. We may get none of them or we may get a bunch of them but I absolutely love the effort. If they keep this up over a several year period we will have a dynamic program that is nationally recognized.

I think there is a better chance of us getting multiple 5-stars than multiple 2-stars.

Question for DP and everyone - which would you prefer?

1. Pitino & co. go after big-time recruits and don't land any of them. OR

2. Pitino & co do NOT go after any big-time recruits, and settle for leftovers.

It is better to have loved and lost,then to have never loved at all.......

It's not Chicken Little for me, because I've stated that all along. Though I would amend your statement from "won't get any" to "maybe get one". Signing multiple out of state high 4- and 5-stars is a pipe dream anytime in the near future. I've been very consistent in stating that, and warned from the beginning against ridiculous expectations. Now that people are starting to see what I've been talking about (and I'm not the only one who's been saying it), it's funny that I'm a "troll" and "not smart" and "lack insight" even though I've been very consistent all along. The even funnier thing is that I've been here much longer than any of these no-name name-callers, and will continue to be here long after. I guess it's true what they say about not wrestling with pigs. You get dirty, and the pig enjoys it.
Get on board and drink the Kool Aid...or you are a troll. Until proven otherwise you must profess that Pitino walks on water

Maybe you could, you know, not make things up instead of putting words into my mouth. There's an enormous difference between hoping for something to happen and predicting something will happen - not that I'd expect you to understand the nuance.

You just wrote about seeing who's going to be laughing on signing day.Why would you want to have the last laugh if it means the Gophers don't get any of these four and five star recruits?

You just wrote about seeing who's going to be laughing on signing day.Why would you want to have the last laugh if it means the Gophers don't get any of these four and five star recruits?

Because there is nothing more important than him being right about something. Nothing.

Question for DP and everyone - which would you prefer?

1. Pitino & co. go after big-time recruits and don't land any of them. OR

2. Pitino & co do NOT go after any big-time recruits, and settle for leftovers.

It is better to have loved and lost,then to have never loved at all.......

Those aren't really the options, though, right? Shouldn't #1 read "Go after big-time recruits, don't land any of them, and end up with high 2*, low 3* guys" and #2 read "Not go after any big-time recruits and end up with high 3*, low 4* guys."

Sure there's a possibility of missing on 5*, high 4* guys and still ending up with high 3*, low 4* guys, but it becomes a lot harder when they've received a lot of attention from good basketball programs for months and then just start to hear from Pitino at the end.

Obviously all of this will become moot if the top-flight guys commit, but I think it's important to really spell out the alternatives.

Those aren't really the options, though, right? Shouldn't #1 read "Go after big-time recruits, don't land any of them, and end up with high 2*, low 3* guys" and #2 read "Not go after any big-time recruits and end up with high 3*, low 4* guys."

Sure there's a possibility of missing on 5*, high 4* guys and still ending up with high 3*, low 4* guys, but it becomes a lot harder when they've received a lot of attention from good basketball programs for months and then just start to hear from Pitino at the end.

Obviously all of this will become moot if the top-flight guys commit, but I think it's important to really spell out the alternatives.

I don't think you have accurately spelled out all the alternatives - just some speculative theory you have about how it might go down.

We aren't going to end up with 2-stars even if we miss out on a bunch of guys. Also, these other low 4-star guys won't just be hearing from Pitino for the first time if we miss out on the top guys. We've been recruiting a bunch of guys for a while now. Guys like Alex Robinson, who doesn't get talked about that much on here, listed Minnesota as one of the teams recruiting him the hardest even before Newton committed.

We aren't going to end up with 2-stars even if we miss out on a bunch of guys. Also, these other low 4-star guys won't just be hearing from Pitino for the first time if we miss out on the top guys. We've been recruiting a bunch of guys for a while now. Guys like Alex Robinson, who doesn't get talked about that much on here, listed Minnesota as one of the teams recruiting him the hardest even before Newton committed.

So your theory is if Minnesota misses out on the top guys some of the other low 4-star guys are going to commit since Minnesota has been one of the teams recruiting them the hardest?

Not sure that is how it actually works.

So your theory is if Minnesota misses out on the top guys some of the other low 4-star guys are going to commit since Minnesota has been one of the teams recruiting them the hardest?

Not sure that is how it actually works.

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about them committing. I said we've already been talking to these other guys a lot, so after guys like Newton, Joseph, and Perkins are all off the board, we won't be starting our recruitment with the next tier from scratch. We've been recruiting guys like Nairn and Robinson hard for a while, so we aren't just "coming in at the end." If any of that is confusing, it probably means you either didn't read what I was responding to, or you didn't read what I said very carefully.

Unfortunately some in Gopherhole felt that after removing Tubby and replacing him with Pitino Jr. 4 star recruits would just all of a sudden want to come here. I agree with DPO...all we are doing is offering a lot of players we don't have a chance at. Signing day will be 2 and 3 star players...and not MN best 3.

I love your optimism.

Don't feel bad they delete my Pro-Tubby comments too. Not allowed to voice our support\opinion because others might get angry....yet they allow everybody to bash him.

Don't feel bad they delete my Pro-Tubby comments too. Not allowed to voice our support\opinion because others might get angry....yet they allow everybody to bash him.

You two are real pariahs. You two should have your own special segment of GH where you can go and talk how great Tubby is and how bad Pitino is all day long. That way, we don't have to be bothered by you constantly and you guys can avoid our hurtful comments. Win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom