All Things Immaculate Grid-related (MLB, NBA, NFL)

113 RBI that season too with just 9 HR.
That 1996 Season I was in LA so I followed from afar, but went to Anaheim to see them 3 times. The Twins wound up 78-84 and were still in the Wild Card hunt around Labor Day.

Bummer that Puckett was not around. If his stats had carried over from the previous season, they would have been tough.

That 1996 Season I was in LA so I followed from afar, but went to Anaheim to see them 3 times. The Twins wound up 78-84 and were still in the Wild Card hunt around Labor Day.

Bummer that Puckett was not around. If his stats had carried over from the previous season, they would have been tough.
Yeah with Knoblach and Cordova (and even guys like Becker and Stahoviak), that would have been a pretty good lineup if Puckett was still there.

The pitching on the other hand...
1729279228531.png

Yeah with Knoblach and Cordova (and even guys like Becker and Stahoviak), that would have been a pretty good lineup if Puckett was still there.

The pitching on the other hand...
View attachment 34197
As I mentioned I was in LA, so not following them day-to-day. Looking at Baseball Reference it was eye opening how dreadful the pitching was.

Radke was decent, no other starters were below a 5.00 ERA. Bullpen, not much better outside of Mike Trombley & Dan Naulty.

Uff da.

As I mentioned I was in LA, so not following them day-to-day. Looking at Baseball Reference it was eye opening how dreadful the pitching was.

Radke was decent, no other starters were below a 5.00 ERA. Bullpen, not much better outside of Mike Trombley & Dan Naulty.

Uff da.
17 guys that threw 20+ innings and only 3 had an ERA under 5.00. This was in the middle of the steroid era but still.

Detroit's pitching was even worse, team ERA of 6.38! https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/DET/1996.shtml

Looking at the Twins staff, Scott Aldred can come in handy for the Rockies & Rays in terms of Grid purposes.
He could be the ace on the Quinton McCracken All-Stars (he played for Rockies, D-Backs, and Rays, in addition to 24 games for the local team in ‘01)

Uff da.
Funny you bring up the ‘96 Twins-I used Frankie Rodriguez (BoSox .2%) and Scott Klingenbeck (Orioles, .008%) today. For my money, Klingenbeck was the worst pitcher I ever saw on the mound for the Twins so he’s forever etched in my memory. I finished off the category with Tony O at 7%. It seems a bit astounding that only 5 Twins have hit the 200 hit mark in the 60+ years the franchise has been in MN. (Knoblauch had 197 in ‘96 and Bostock 199 in ‘77)

Not much to say, except Ope's nugget from months ago that Mark Salas hit exactly .300 one season paid off for me today, as I used him for the played catcher/.300 average square to the sweet tune of .004%

Not much to say, except Ope's nugget from months ago that Mark Salas hit exactly .300 one season paid off for me today, as I used him for the played catcher/.300 average square to the sweet tune of .004%
I used Brian Harper, a solid 0.4%.

Butch Wynegar was 0.6% for Angels/Catcher.

Last edited:

One function that I'd love to see IG add is the percentages not just for the top guy (Piazza, for the category we're talking about), but a drop down to see #2, #3, #4. . .#167. I'm often times curious about that.

Top Bottom