All Things Gophers in All-Star Games

Anyone think that Morgan gets on an NFL team this year? Whether late round pick or UDFA. I could see him on a practice squad.
Doubt Morgan gets drafted but think he will get looks from NFL teams and could maybe find his way onto a roster. There are a lot of QBs bouncing around the NFL that didn't have prolific college careers but fit a mold that a team is looking for in a backup.

I just don't think he has elite arm talent.

Lot of competition. It's the elite of the elite.

Definitely could still see him get invited to a fall camp. Good luck to him!

So Morgan will play in 2 all star games? Is that normal? I guess I hadn't heard of that before.
I was surprised to see that as well. Maybe it happens all the time and we just weren't paying attention.

Guess you have to give the teams a name but why call them East/West if it isn't determined by the location of the school? Unless they are implying the the U campus is dead center :)

I was surprised to see that as well. Maybe it happens all the time and we just weren't paying attention.

Guess you have to give the teams a name but why call them East/West if it isn't determined by the location of the school? Unless they are implying the the U campus is dead center :)
St. Paul Campus vs West Bank?

So Morgan will play in 2 all star games? Is that normal? I guess I hadn't heard of that before.
Another chance to show pro coaches you can play. Congrats to Tanner Morgan TM2. More eyes on you from pro scouts and coaches the better. Falcons need a QB so great opportunity in front of that staff!

Last edited:

I just don't think he has elite arm talent.

Lot of competition. It's the elite of the elite.

Definitely could still see him get invited to a fall camp. Good luck to him!
He definitely has elite arm talent. We've seen him make every throw he will need to thrive on an NFL roster. That won't be the issue.

He definitely has elite arm talent. We've seen him make every throw he will need to thrive on an NFL roster. That won't be the issue.
No he doesn't its below average, please watch other college QBS and NFL QBs. The quality of throws they consistently make is crazy

Morgan drafted? No way. I suspect he will be invited to a camp, take some preseason snaps, and then move on in life (like ML7 did). He had a successful college career, but really doesn’t have the size or talent to play on Sunday.

Morgan drafted? No way. I suspect he will be invited to a camp, take some preseason snaps, and then move on in life (like ML7 did). He had a successful college career, but really doesn’t have the size or talent to play on Sunday.
While I do think he has a stronger arm and is faster than a lot of people give him credit for, I think you are probably correct in this assessment.

While I do think he has a stronger arm and is faster than a lot of people give him credit for, I think you are probably correct in this assessment.
I dunno. Just looking at the Vikes roster...they've had Sean Mannion, Nate Stanley, David Blough, etc. on their roster recently to some extent.

Is Morgan that much worse than those types? I think he could be a backup QB.

I dunno. Just looking at the Vikes roster...they've had Sean Mannion, Nate Stanley, David Blough, etc. on their roster recently to some extent.

I doubt it, at least not right away. His best bet is he gets invited to camp, plays well enough to stay on a practice squad and then get elevated to a roster with an injury at some point. Even that though is unlikely IMO but you never know.

Yeah, I think people would be surprised if they really dug deep into some of the backup QBs floating around out there.

The truly elite top end QBs are pretty few and far between. the pickings get pretty slim once you get beyond those guys and when you start to get to #2 and #3 guys it can get really dicey.

Morgan may or may not make it in the NFL. Just has to find one team that likes what he brings to the table and he could end up in a backup QB role which to me might be one of the greatest jobs in the entire world. You get paid a sh!t ton of money to never get hit (although with the way the NFL is trending we may reach a time soon when starters can't get hit either).

Stanley Size and Arm, Mannion Size and Arm, Blough your right hes a surprise, anything is possible but its unlikely Morgan sticks to an NFL roster IMO. I will say Morgans a good lockerroom guy and if he can master an NFL style offense maybe could be a backup

Stanley Size and Arm, Mannion Size and Arm, Blough your right hes a surprise, anything is possible but its unlikely Morgan sticks to an NFL roster IMO. I will say Morgans a good lockerroom guy and if he can master an NFL style offense maybe could be a backup
He still has the pen in his hand, and can still add chapter(s) to his story. A Western Michigan commit, to a Gopher backup to, a Gopher star to...

Backup NFL QB still says you are top 64. Not bad if he gets there.

Already exceeded expectations!

If you consider how much talk Fleck has made about Morgan coming back to be part of the coaching staff one day, it says to me that he's got a lot of understanding related to x's and o's going through his head from an analytical standpoint. We might be underestimating how significant that could be to an NFL team as it relates to being a backup, it could open some doors to him getting a second or third string spot on a roster and being a clipboard carrier type of backup. I don't know if that's even a thing in the league but I'd love to see it.

I posted elsewhere (didn't know this thread existed) that Rush looked really good, started, and got a lot of playing time. I hope he gets some draft interest.

I only got to watch a few series, but was amazed at how much of an impact he seemed to have on play after play. Hope it leads to Rush getting drafted. However, if he doesn't get drafted it solidifies him as a high priority undrafted DE.

If you consider how much talk Fleck has made about Morgan coming back to be part of the coaching staff one day, it says to me that he's got a lot of understanding related to x's and o's going through his head from an analytical standpoint. We might be underestimating how significant that could be to an NFL team as it relates to being a backup, it could open some doors to him getting a second or third string spot on a roster and being a clipboard carrier type of backup. I don't know if that's even a thing in the league but I'd love to see it.

While Morgan is unremarkable....he's pretty sound fundamentally. Very accurate on short and intermediate routes. A game manager type that could absolutely catch on in a backup role.

I don't know if it's true or not but that was always the talk on why Mannion was with the Vikes for so long. Kirk liked him and was good in helping him prep and watch tape. Definitely wasn't for the high ceiling upside lol.

That's exactly why I think Tanner has a chance in the league.

Top Bottom