All Things Gophers in All-Star Games

While Morgan is unremarkable....he's pretty sound fundamentally. Very accurate on short and intermediate routes. A game manager type that could absolutely catch on in a backup role.
His deep ball is better than you remember. He can air out 50+ yards which is all the distance he needs in the NFL. He's also aggessive pushing the ball downfield which got him in trouble against Purdue but may help him win a spot this spring.

How To Watch the 2023 East-West Shrine Bowl​

• TV Channel: NFL Network
  • Live Stream: NFL Network App, NFL App, fuboTV

Smith has good size and speed and he could really make a jump. I remember watching him as a freshman and thinking he was going to be in the All-American conversation, but it never quite gelled for him. He was solid, but his speed could make him spectacular. Probably a Day 3 guy who will be a solid pro.

I was surprised to see that as well. Maybe it happens all the time and we just weren't paying attention.

Guess you have to give the teams a name but why call them East/West if it isn't determined by the location of the school? Unless they are implying the the U campus is dead center :)
It's been East-West game for a long time. Same reason Big Ten is still the Big Ten.

2023 Senior Bowl Day 1 standouts: BYU WR Puka Nacua impresses; center rising into Round 1?​

John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

Schmitz came into the week with a chance to challenge for the title of top center in the draft. He might leave Mobile with that title and put himself squarely in the conversation for Round 1. He impressed me the most of all the prospects I was able to see on Tuesday. Schmitz showed off plenty of core strength and leverage to battle against stronger players. He might be more than just a zone-scheme center -- the ability to play in multiple schemes would elevate his draft stock.

Just turned on the Shrine Bowl to see an INT thrown by Tanner but wasn’t his fault. Went right through the WRs hands.

Tanner is getting some love from the studio guys on the half time show.

Just turned on the Shrine Bowl to see an INT thrown by Tanner but wasn’t his fault. Went right through the WRs hands.
Just turned it on and went to the beginning of it. Terrell Smith was an "Impact Player" by the broadcast group.

Have all offensive Gophers players played in the east-west bowl already? Currently, early 4th quarter as we speak.

Watching replay, Jordan Howden sighting on an incompletion.

Yup, checked the live stats on ESPN and Mo's name is not listed on RB rushing or receiving. Wonder if he got hurt pregame?

Top Bottom