All Things Gophers in All-Star Games

So happy for this kid. Flashed early in his career, impressed almost every spring and fall camp, but until this year he always played himself back to the bench once the season started. Thankful he stuck it out, worked his butt off, and now has this opportunity to perhaps play at the next level. Great job, T-Time!

Does Smith project as a draft pick at this point? Seems to have a lot of NFL tools and has had a fine year.

Lot depends on how he practices and performs at the all- Star game and Joe he tests whether at the U pro day or at the combine
Agreed but he has size and speed - similar to Juste moving up based on how he tested out, I’d expect somewhat similar from Smith.

Morgan getting invited to the Hula Bowl is interesting. Does this mean that he expects to play - or is medically cleared to play?

Morgan getting invited to the Hula Bowl is interesting. Does this mean that he expects to play - or is medically cleared to play?
Does this mean he is also the possible starter in the Pinstripe Bowl? We’ve never heard anything certain about who would start if both were cleared at this point.

Anyone think that Morgan gets on an NFL team this year? Whether late round pick or UDFA. I could see him on a practice squad.
Really hard to say. Had one really great season with the Gophers when he was throwing to Bateman, Johnson, and Autman-Bell, but has been inconsistent. I'm certainly not a pro scout, but he's not that big and he's not that athletic (although bigger and more athletic than me by a longshot) and athleticism seems to be a more standard measurement (ghost of Al Davis is everywhere) these days and projection usually trumps production.

All that said, I think he has some tools and, as a reference, David Blough started an NFL game last weekend. My guess is Morgan will be a UDFA and he's a solid guy and those guys tend to make an impression. As good as college coaching can be, pro coaching is just so much better. If there's anything there, a pro coach can usually find it.

I certainly wish him the best. Great kid.

How many All-Star games are there?

Are these things starting to be like Bowl Games, aiming for TV $$?

How many All-Star games are there?

Are these things starting to be like Bowl Games, aiming for TV $$?
Senior Bowl
East West Shrine Bowl
Hula Bowl
NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
HBCU Legacy Bowl Game

And im sure there are a couple more?

Top Bottom