All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

So...Dodd is simply not good enough for the B1G. Why then would anyone pine for him to be on scholarship at UMN?
I’ve never seen Dodd play so I no perspective on his ability to play at the Big Ten level. But I do know that lower level D1 programs doesn’t mean lower admission requirements than power five.

I’ve seen Dodd and Holloman play. The difference in the 2 are closer then you want to admit.
I have only seen Dodd in person, but Holloman on film. Perhaps their shot is similar in that they aren't going to light it up behind the arc.
I saw Dodd play DeLassle in the section finals. He was the 2nd best point guard on the court in that particular game. I am surprised he didn't get an offer from St Thomas as he would have been capable in that league with SDSU, NDSU and others.

I heard the same thing about Payne
Payne has likely already made admission requirements unless he screws up this spring. ACT OR SAT scores are probably already been satisfactorily received by UMN Admissions. Don’t know about Dodds.

Agree. Something seems off there.
When people complain about the portal, I always roll my eyes because it's going on at all levels of college basketball, mid and low majors are also using the portal to stay older, so there aren't as many opportunities for Freshman. Look at Augustana Freshman class, that class is absoloutely loaded for a D2 school. St. Thomas has a loaded class for a team that's only in it's second year of D1 basketball and won't be eligible for the Dance until their incoming Freshmen are Seniors. If Dodd plays well, he will have opportunities to transfer up

This thread isn't dead yet!

University of Minnesota men's basketball coach Ben Johnson has announced that Kadyn Betts (Pueblo, Colo.) has joined the Golden Gopher program. A 6-8, 210-pound forward in the class of 2023, Betts will reclassify to the 2022 class and join the Gopher program in the fall of 2022.

"We are extremely excited to add Kadyn Betts to our 2022-23 Gopher roster," Johnson said. "Kadyn comes from a great basketball family. I love his high academic background along with his contagious passion and energy for Gopher Basketball. He has a great skill set with an ability to really shoot the basketball. I love his size and versatility he will bring to our wing position and I look forward to developing him both on and off the court."

Betts played prep basketball for Pueblo Central and the P.L.U.T.O. Prospects. He is listed as PrepHoops' 87th recruit in the Class of 2023. In his last season at Pueblo Central, Betts averaged 22.7 points, 12.3 record, 3.6 blocks, 2.0 assists and 1.7 steals per game. A team captain, Betts led Pueblo Central to a 23-4 record and a state 4A Final Four appearance. An all-state first team 4A selection last year, Betts led the state with 22 double doubles (points/rebounds) and ranked first in Colorado 4A in blocks (2.46), and second in scoring (22.7 ppg) and rebounding (12.3). The three-year starter, he also established over 1,000 career points during his junior year. Playing this summer with P.L.U.T.O. Prospects, Betts was named to the Battle at the Lakes 17U All-Tournament team, scored 31 points and had seven threes at the Freedom Classic in Denver and recently scored 43 points in a single game at the PrepHoops event in Atlanta this summer.

Off the court, Betts is a straight A student and was the junior class president his final year at Pueblo Central. Kadyn, the son of Kevin and Brook Betts, is the third person in his family to play collegiate basketball. His father, Kevin, played at San Diego State, while his brother, Kobi, played at Air Force and Colorado School of Mines.

Go Gophers!!

This thread isn't dead yet!

University of Minnesota men's basketball coach Ben Johnson has announced that Kadyn Betts (Pueblo, Colo.) has joined the Golden Gopher program. A 6-8, 210-pound forward in the class of 2023, Betts will reclassify to the 2022 class and join the Gopher program in the fall of 2022.

"We are extremely excited to add Kadyn Betts to our 2022-23 Gopher roster," Johnson said. "Kadyn comes from a great basketball family. I love his high academic background along with his contagious passion and energy for Gopher Basketball. He has a great skill set with an ability to really shoot the basketball. I love his size and versatility he will bring to our wing position and I look forward to developing him both on and off the court."

Betts played prep basketball for Pueblo Central and the P.L.U.T.O. Prospects. He is listed as PrepHoops' 87th recruit in the Class of 2023. In his last season at Pueblo Central, Betts averaged 22.7 points, 12.3 record, 3.6 blocks, 2.0 assists and 1.7 steals per game. A team captain, Betts led Pueblo Central to a 23-4 record and a state 4A Final Four appearance. An all-state first team 4A selection last year, Betts led the state with 22 double doubles (points/rebounds) and ranked first in Colorado 4A in blocks (2.46), and second in scoring (22.7 ppg) and rebounding (12.3). The three-year starter, he also established over 1,000 career points during his junior year. Playing this summer with P.L.U.T.O. Prospects, Betts was named to the Battle at the Lakes 17U All-Tournament team, scored 31 points and had seven threes at the Freedom Classic in Denver and recently scored 43 points in a single game at the PrepHoops event in Atlanta this summer.

Off the court, Betts is a straight A student and was the junior class president his final year at Pueblo Central. Kadyn, the son of Kevin and Brook Betts, is the third person in his family to play collegiate basketball. His father, Kevin, played at San Diego State, while his brother, Kobi, played at Air Force and Colorado School of Mines.

Go Gophers!!
Welcome aboard Kadyn!

It's interesting that we refer to him as a wing, I always thought of him as a stretch 4 type. If he can play the wing at that size, it'll be huge for us.

Top Bottom