All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Huge need for PGs for 2022-23. Will need at least one or two transfers. Thiam is not one to run the team. Can Carrington?
Are there any unsigned high school PGs Ben is recruiting?

Just noticed Henley shows up at rated now (I know he's the same player but still...)

247 composite. 8949 (182 overall)
247 89

2nd rated recruit in both behind Payne. At first glance it does seem CBJ can identify talent early on.

Huge need for PGs for 2022-23. Will need at least one or two transfers. Thiam is not one to run the team. Can Carrington?
Carrington can handle the ball and if he gets to play with other ball handlers could handle some of the load of a traditional PG. But, IMO, he is a more natural 2 who just happens to be a good ball handler.

There are a number of really good options the next year, I kind of expect us to grab an experienced guard or two from the portal next year.

A name that I've heard (who would be an absolute coup) to keep an eye on is Baylor Scheierman. He is a combo guard at South Dakota State. This is really just reckless rumor passing so take it with an enormous grain of salt.

Just noticed Henley shows up at rated now (I know he's the same player but still...)

247 composite. 8949 (182 overall)
247 89

2nd rated recruit in both behind Payne. At first glance it does seem CBJ can identify talent early on.
It’s happening with Boden for next years class as well

Carrington can handle the ball and if he gets to play with other ball handlers could handle some of the load of a traditional PG. But, IMO, he is a more natural 2 who just happens to be a good ball handler.

There are a number of really good options the next year, I kind of expect us to grab an experienced guard or two from the portal next year.

A name that I've heard (who would be an absolute coup) to keep an eye on is Baylor Scheierman. He is a combo guard at South Dakota State. This is really just reckless rumor passing so take it with an enormous grain of salt.
Scheierman is also 6'6", just a sophomore and agree, he'd be a great addition

Naseless rumors is what Charlie Walters has been doing for his whole career At the SPPP.

Just watched Payne play live. The guy was absolutely unstoppable. 36 & 10 against a good Irondale team.
I do not believe there are 160 better players than Payne in this class.

The thing to keep in mind for anyone who hasn't seen him play is that he is putting up these numbers while being a really active 5. He is not just a big guy who is dominating the low post (that's obviously happening).

I do not believe there are 160 better players than Payne in this class.

The thing to keep in mind for anyone who hasn't seen him play is that he is putting up these numbers while being a really active 5. He is not just a big guy who is dominating the low post (that's obviously happening).
So is he that coveted legit stretch 5 that could make us unstoppable?
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Seems like Henley will be a great fit and a grad transfer then we get Taisom the following year

Hope Hadley is a gem!

In the meantime, we may have missed on a good one in Watson at Grace. I know reports were “we cooled on him,” but take a look at his last two games (YouTube) against Park Center and Menominee falls. He drains numerous 3’s and show good court acumen inside on both offense and defense.

I like both Carrington and Chatman, but Watson was the best local player this past weekend.

Seth Trimble (#5 Falls) is simply a hell of prospect. 35 pts. VS. TG and headed to Carolina.

Mike Jones?

Hope Hadley is a gem!

In the meantime, we may have missed on a good one in Watson at Grace. I know reports were “we cooled on him,” but take a look at his last two games (YouTube) against Park Center and Menominee falls. He drains numerous 3’s and show good court acumen inside on both offense and defense.

I like both Carrington and Chatman, but Watson was the best local player this past weekend.

Seth Trimble (#5 Falls) is simply a hell of prospect. 35 pts. VS. TG and headed to Carolina.
WI didn’t get Trimble either - no surprise a first year coach at MN didn’t. When is the last time we got a top 100 player from WI?

Top Bottom