All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Rowan Brumbaugh just decommited from NW. I want to say we were among the first to offer before he blew up? We weren't in the final 6 and I'm assuming some of the heavy hitters are in on him but thought it was interesting
Would be huge, really need a PG and this kid is legit.

Agreed, he would be huuuuge. I was on an Instagram live of Parker Fox about a month ago and it turned into a dual live with Fox and Rowan. Certainly very interesting.
Interesting—do you know what the connection is between the two?

Rowan Brumbaugh just decommited from NW. I want to say we were among the first to offer before he blew up? We weren't in the final 6 and I'm assuming some of the heavy hitters are in on him but thought it was interesting
very interesting! he should be highly sought after but hopefully ben has already made contact again

looks like Rowan to the Longhorns
Odd choice at first look but he plays a lot of PG's, current roster is averaging about 67 minutes a game from guys who were listed as PG's on 247.

What's the latest on Elvis Nnaji? Did Ben reoffer? Are we not going to hear much until April?

What's the latest on Elvis Nnaji? Did Ben reoffer? Are we not going to hear much until April?
not much room for another PF for this class IMO
Battle, Ihnen, Fox, Ola-Joseph. All being PF's/Combo Forwards and Payne can play there as well. Wouldnt make much sense to take another PF in this class.

their focus will be finding a PG & C that can help right away next year to fill out this class. And that will more then likely happen with some transfer come spring time

I feel sorry for 24 who had to try and guard him. And when 24 finally gets the ball and tries to muscle in for a shot, it gets blocked. If I am 24, I am sure hoping Payne becomes a NBA superstar so my kids won’t mock me so bad when they see this video.
LOL It reminds me of playing Rochester JM and trying to guard Longar Longar and Mike Kinsella...I was a 6'2" post player...it didn't go well 🤣

He’s the guy I’m most looking forward to seeing.
Yeah, he really feels like the kind of 4/5s that Michigan State runs out that just bully teams.

I said this before he committed to the U, I think he is one of the most underrated (still) recruits that I've seen. He is a really big dude that is high energy and skilled.

He’s gonna be a bucket getter for us man! Can’t wait
He is just a smooth offensive player. Kind of a perfect Ben Johnson guard. I'm not sure if he's an ideal PG, but I think he can handle the ball well enough to be a PG at times (kind of like Willis with Loewe and Stephens).

So who's going to run the point next year or will that have to come from the transfer portal?

Top Bottom