All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Pierre wearing 1 works since curry won’t be using season after the upcoming one

3 for Ryan Dunn works too

I want us to update our jerseys so bad. Sick of the thin straps over the shoulder - they look like wrestling stringers.

Don't most guys retweet stuff about their visits? I hope it's a good sign, but I wouldn't make any assumptions.
On offers and commits

on OVs does anyone recall an out of state recruit retweeting a local guy covering the local team? Don’t think I’ve seen that before

I want us to update our jerseys so bad. Sick of the thin straps over the shoulder - they look like wrestling stringers.
Maybe the kids still like it buy I agree, not a fan of the jersey style

A lot out on the Jayden Pierre visit -- social media posts, pictures etc. Hoping he commits this week! Has anyone seen or heard anything on the Ryan Dunn visit? Was he really here?

Is it safe to say at this point that none of the guys who show "Cool" here: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2022-Basketball/Offers/

are in the picture?

What about Okpara (PF) that shows "Warm"? Just a slow to update on the free site type thing?
Okpara was a back up plan if Ola-Joseph didn't commit, we are not recruiting him anymore. The plan was to take four high schoolers, but they would make room for a 5th if Dunn or Byrd wants in. Miles Byrd is going to visit on 9/25, but to your initial question I think the site is just slow on updates

Okpara was a back up plan if Ola-Joseph didn't commit, we are not recruiting him anymore. The plan was to take four high schoolers, but they would make room for a 5th if Dunn or Byrd wants in. Miles Byrd is going to visit on 9/25, but to your initial question I think the site is just slow on updates

Sounds like we're in the driver's seat for Pierre after his visit.

The following class would be a phenomenal start to the Ben Johnson era:

PG- Jayden Pierre
SG- Braedon Carrington
SF- Ryan Dunn
Combo- Joshua Ola-Joseph
Big- Pharrel Payne

Anyone else nervous we haven't heard anything from Pierre yet? Lately it feels like if they don't commit during or shortly after their visit they've moved on, hoping I'm wrong though.

Hoping we get 1 more true center, either a freshman or transfer. I like both Payne and Thompson, but don’t think either of them are gonna match up great with a guy like hunter Dickinson.

Hoping we get 1 more true center, either a freshman or transfer. I like both Payne and Thompson, but don’t think either of them are gonna match up great with a guy like hunter Dickinson.
iirc christian reeves was the only 2022 center the staff was looking at. don't know where that stands

Anyone else nervous we haven't heard anything from Pierre yet? Lately it feels like if they don't commit during or shortly after their visit they've moved on, hoping I'm wrong though.
I don't think anyone expected him to commit right away. Coaches can go on the road and do in home visits with recruits starting tommorrow. I'd imagine the Gopher coaches will be out to see him and try to get him locked up.

Thompson’s probably never going to be a great post defender but give Payne a couple years in a college S&C program and he should be able to handle those guys. The Gophers need to build for March where versatility wins.

I don't think anyone expected him to commit right away. Coaches can go on the road and do in home visits with recruits starting tommorrow. I'd imagine the Gopher coaches will be out to see him and try to get him locked up.
any chance theres a discussion to have ryan dunn join this year and redshirt the coming season instead of going prep school? did he actually graduate from LuHi? this would be similar to the zeigler move from 2022 to 2021. i think zeigler joined the vols at the start of semester week 3

If we don't have him locked up in the next 10 days, I think he will go elsewhere. Although it could be different under Ben, we don't have a track record of getting commitments long after the OV.

Sounds like we're in the driver's seat for Pierre after his visit.

The following class would be a phenomenal start to the Ben Johnson era:

PG- Jayden Pierre
SG- Braedon Carrington
SF- Ryan Dunn
Combo- Joshua Ola-Joseph
Big- Pharrel Payne

It would be extremely impressive to pull down a class like that. Especially after the entire team left and it looked like doom and gloom. Just goes to show what the GH experts know. CBS guy gave the Johnson hire a 'C'! lolclickbait.

It would be extremely impressive to pull down a class like that. Especially after the entire team left and it looked like doom and gloom. Just goes to show what the GH experts know. CBS guy gave the Johnson hire a 'C'! lolclickbait.
Well he still has to land Pierre and Dunn. Let's hope so!

He was only hired because he can land MN guys! :cool:

Top Bottom