All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

It does not need to be sunshine and roses all the time but the previous head coaches were miserable failures. Ben brings hope.
When and where does this hope appear?? I don't see hope... Right now I see desperation...

I'm being rediculious.. lol... Dohkay.. sorry you are unable to open your eyes and mind to others opinions...
Just because I do not follow you into the depths of sanity does not mean I am not open to the opinions of others. You have jumped off the cliff and those that do not follow you wear a badge of reasonability.

Ben has not even finished recruiting his first team, they have not played a game, they has just started to practice together. You are the one jumping to some very decisive conclusions based upon no real material evidence or information.

Minnesota and many other teams have gotten productive play out of lower level proven performers moving up to the B1G. This is not fricken Hamline Basketball! Many of our "proven" B1G players from last year moved down to lower profile schools.

Just settle down and let it play out.

Typical left.. just can't grasp a simple concept of a differing opinions... I.must conform to your beliefs...

Rather be and idiot than anything resembling you while you look at your reflection in the mirror...

Farmer johnny called... Time for you to go back into the pen with all the other sheep
typical closed minded crazy... just blame the lack of conscious thought on others.

For some it may never appear. For others it started the day Pitino was fired and kept getting better with the staff that came together.
I hold out hope. As negitivie as my posts may be I do want nothing but the best. I do agree the day pitino was let go a corner was turned... However we need to keep moving forward. While none of us know what's going on behind the scenes, we can only make our judgements based upon visual cues. And right now.. I'd take last year's roster (a 13th place roster) 10,000 times out of 10 right now. This year is going to be sooooooooooooo bad.. that's the reality.... so while I say that.. it doesn't mean I don't believe it will improve over time. I know it will.. I've never said Ben wasn't the guy to do it.. I've only stated we have taken more steps backwards than forwards regarding the players we are putting on the court....

And the staff he put together?? I assume you mean thorson. Because not a soul on this board knew who the other hires were...

I hold out hope. As negitivie as my posts may be I do want nothing but the best. I do agree the day pitino was let go a corner was turned... However we need to keep moving forward. While none of us know what's going on behind the scenes, we can only make our judgements based upon visual cues. And right now.. I'd take last year's roster (a 13th place roster) 10,000 times out of 10 right now. This year is going to be sooooooooooooo bad.. that's the reality.... so while I say that.. it doesn't mean I don't believe it will improve over time. I know it will.. I've never said Ben wasn't the guy to do it.. I've only stated we have taken more steps backwards than forwards regarding the players we are putting on the court....

And the staff he put together?? I assume you mean thorson. Because not a soul on this board knew who the other hires were...
This is not going to be about how many games this roster wins this season. This will be about creating a culture, a identity. Something the program is known for. Lets say toughness, both mentally and physically. Playing smart and together. I can tell you that there are very successful coaches that are impressed by the assistants hired that are not cronies . These assistants are better than what we had. Everyone will put character 1st, not 2nd or 3rd . It is a giant challenge.We have never hired a great coach. Certainly possible that we still have not but there is now hope where there was none. People held out hope for 8 years of poor leadership. Seems logical to start fresh.

This is not going to be about how many games this roster wins this season. This will be about creating a culture, a identity. Something the program is known for. Lets say toughness, both mentally and physically. Playing smart and together. I can tell you that there are very successful coaches that are impressed by the assistants hired that are not cronies . These assistants are better than what we had. Everyone will put character 1st, not 2nd or 3rd . It is a giant challenge.We have never hired a great coach. Certainly possible that we still have not but there is now hope where there was none. People held out hope for 8 years of poor leadership. Seems logical to start fresh.
We have never hired a great coach. To date. True.

When and where does this hope appear?? I don't see hope... Right now I see desperation...
So dumb. It’s not even July 1. You no nothing about most of the players on campus (may be better than you think because you only judge by their former school), and no nothing about recruiting. So, relax. Let them get to October, maybe even a game in November.

So dumb. It’s not even July 1. You no nothing about most of the players on campus (may be better than you think because you only judge by their former school), and no nothing about recruiting. So, relax. Let them get to October, maybe even a game in November.
It’s so much easier to say negative hyperbole.

I may not no much.. but I do KNOW some things

Love it! Would love to get a commitment from Payne next week.

Brumbaugh the plan B to Tre or would they take both? Can’t imagine you want to slow play him, but also don’t want to push Tre to MSU if he truly is up in the air between MN and MSU.

I wonder if the Brown and Brumbaugh visits get Carrington to decide soon.

Love it! Would love to get a commitment from Payne next week.

Brumbaugh the plan B to Tre or would they take both? Can’t imagine you want to slow play him, but also don’t want to push Tre to MSU if he truly is up in the air between MN and MSU.

I wonder if the Brown and Brumbaugh visits get Carrington to decide soon.
Dont think theyd bring a plan B guy on a official visit this early. It seems like he can play both guard spots so you'd definitely take both. Hed probably impact Carrington more but you can take all of them and make it work. I've heard Carrington is very likely to be a Gopher and if thats the case he probably should take a serious look at committing soon.

Dont think theyd bring a plan B guy on a official visit this early. It seems like he can play both guard spots so you'd definitely take both. Hed probably impact Carrington more but you can take all of them and make it work. I've heard Carrington is very likely to be a Gopher and if thats the case he probably should take a serious look at committing soon.
Makes sense. The position versatility is really nice.

Have to think we see some Denzel booms coming up here soon.

would be nice to see a commit from any of these guys. we have a bunch of slots to fill with the current empty spots plus 4 players listed as seniors this year as well.

Top Bottom