All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

If there is a plan but I am not informed of it, then there is no plan 😎. Ben just told Ahjany to tweet that so Gopher Holers would back off and give him a little more time to come up with a plan.
It is a "secret" plan. I don't think Ben *trusts* all the Gopher Holers to keep it secret from Wisconsinites and Iowegians.....

I'm good with missing on Holloman if we can sign Lee, I just hope in that case Holloman doesn't play for another B1G school and torch us every year haha

I'm good with missing on Holloman if we can sign Lee, I just hope in that case Holloman doesn't play for another B1G school and torch us every year haha
We are getting all of them. Let's be greedy. Lee- ours. Holloman- ours. Carrington- ours. Watson- ours. Heide- ours. Let's go! Final 4 baby! A Minnesota story!

l I like what I see of Lee, lets get after Holloman, Lee, Watson, Carrington, & Heidi, lets get a Minnesota version of the fab5 plus addin the Texas recruit as well.

Every coach has a plan.
True. It's like Mike Tyson once said: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." That's what can happen in the Big Ten- even to a pretty good coach, when you can't get enough talent to compete. The plan fails.

Ben has told us he is planning to recruit 5 or 6 freshmen. The plan is the easy part.

Hopefully, we recruit another 5 or 6 from the transfer portal.

The execution of the plan is the tricky part.
Everybody has a plan. Brewster and Steckel had plans too.

Next 3 months are critical for the freshmen
plan and Ben’s success.

No they didn't.

They may have had a "dream scenario" about what they could achieve, but neither had a plan about how to accomplish those goals.
So Steckle’s marine corp basic trading regiment just randomly fell out of the sky without any sort of plan. Do not be ridiculous. Everybody in a leadership role “thinks” they know what they are doing. They all have plans, but not all of them are good.

So Steckle’s marine corp basic trading regiment just randomly fell out of the sky without any sort of plan. Do not be ridiculous. Everybody in a leadership role “thinks” they know what they are doing. They all have plans, but not all of them are good.
Think of writing a business plan. It may include things like an executive summary, market analysis, management team structure, projections, sales, etc.
Each of those are a component of a "plan", but a single portion is not a "plan". Stickle's corps stunt failed miserably, but was simply one exercise and did not constitute a "plan".

whats with all the unofficials? recruits saving a Gopher Official for later? saving their 5 offiicials for other programs? local players don't take officials to local schools?

whats with all the unofficials? recruits saving a Gopher Official for later? saving their 5 offiicials for other programs? local players don't take officials to local schools?
It makes sense that they would go unofficial when it’s just across town. When it costs cash in on the official. Officials are limited (not sure of limit for recruits or schools) so it’s good for players and Gophers to have it unofficial.

Think of writing a business plan. It may include things like an executive summary, market analysis, management team structure, projections, sales, etc.
Each of those are a component of a "plan", but a single portion is not a "plan". Stickle's corps stunt failed miserably, but was simply one exercise and did not constitute a "plan".
Of course it was just one component of his plan.

You make a flippant remark that he didn't have a plan, I point out one item that obviously was organized and intentionally done in accordance with some sort of expectations (thus planed out). He had some sort of plan on how he wanted to handle the team. Yes it did fail miserably, but that doesn't mean that he didn't have a plan.

Plans do not all have to conform to your requirements of a business plan (and yes, I have written business plans).

Ben is being compensated at a level that demonstrates he has been a winner at the highest level….. except that he hasnt. There’s the rub.

Ben is being compensated at a level that demonstrates he has been a winner at the highest level….. except that he hasnt. There’s the rub.

No, he is being compensated as an entry level, unproven B10 football coach.

Which is exactly where he should be on the pay scale.

Top Bottom