All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

This kid would be fun to watch. Plays almost like a euro big.
Just saw his stat line from an EYBL game: 8 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists...interesting that this is the kind of big man BJ is going after. Would be fun to see him in the Maroon and Gold.

His Twitter account lists Albany, Rice, Toledo, Western Illinois, Chicago State, and Milwaukee as his other offers. Interest from Boston College, Illinois, Georgia Tech. Glad to see us be early on a guy rather than late.

Danny Wolf interesting skill set very intriguing. Great vision.
It’s a highlight reel, but he reminds me of Larry Bird: deceptively athletic, sees the floor, passes well, similar release, uses both hands well.

It would be fun to see him as a Gopher.

It’s a highlight reel, but he reminds me of Larry Bird: deceptively athletic, sees the floor, passes well, similar release, uses both hands well.

It would be fun to see him as a Gopher.
If Ben lands the next Larry Bird, give that man a lifetime contract! 😁

If Demarion Watson is a sleeper the other guys are pretty good, I'd say.
If Ben gets Demarian Watson I predict the Gophers will be good. I'd like him as our first Minnesota high school recruit.

Danny Wolf can be a Gopher too! He is remindful of Larry Bird and a Euro guy. Hopefully, we add a zone defense package though.
I have only looked at the videos of two guys...they both can score and shoot on a highlight video doing something other than dunks. That is a change I'm excited by if it's truly a Ben Johnson theme.

Danny Wolf can be a Gopher too! He is remindful of Larry Bird and a Euro guy. Hopefully, we add a zone defense package though.
I have only looked at the videos of two guys...they both can score and shoot on a highlight video doing something other than dunks. That is a change I'm excited by if it's truly a Ben Johnson theme.
That is what you would expect from a coach that values shooting over just athletes…. He has been saying this all along.

That is what you would expect from a coach that values shooting over just athletes…. He has been saying this all along.
And so did Richard....but maybe Ben evaluates shooters a bit better? We'll see. I like that about these two guys.

Wait we were told the style of play was going to be determined by the players we got, how could he have been told what our style is when its clear we have no idea what the roster will be in 2022?
The clue is, what is Thorson's influence?

Gard doesn’t value character first. Davison.
I have been consistent in my criticism of Davison. I would not compare his on court over the line behavior with sex predators, criminals and terrible transcripts . Not to mention the poor conditioning, the poor evals, the poor defense and that horrible W-L record. Our problems are not solved by tearing down someone else. Our problem is solved by hiring a coach who does value character first, who creates a culture, builds a identity, plays defense.

I have been consistent in my criticism of Davison. I would not compare his on court over the line behavior with sex predators, criminals and terrible transcripts . Not to mention the poor conditioning, the poor evals, the poor defense and that horrible W-L record. Our problems are not solved by tearing down someone else. Our problem is solved by hiring a coach who does value character first, who creates a culture, builds a identity, plays defense.
You forgot recruit. Time will tell which card is missing in the house of cards known as Gopher basketball. Any card missing and that house collapse.

And so did Richard....but maybe Ben evaluates shooters a bit better? We'll see. I like that about these two guys.
No Richard did not say it like Ben has been saying it. Pitino mentioned a lot of generic statements of getting better at shooting, Johnson has noted it as a top priority.

You forgot recruit. Time will tell which card is missing in the house of cards known as Gopher basketball. Any card missing and that house collapse.
His comment was in response to the act of recruiting!

This attitude comes from extreme pessimism. How can anyone be a fan without hope for a better future.

They are words just the same.
Of course, people talk by using words, we will see how it plays out. Some people make a point of doing what they say, many just say what people want to hear. It all has to do with integrity. But it looks like Ben is keying on guys that are fundamentally better shooters.

Top Bottom