All Things Gophers Basketball 2017 Recruiting Thread

Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger is expected to watch 2017 guard McKinley Wright this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget about Humphries. He wouldn't have even came here if he wasn't such an ass.

Thought about it, but I always thought it was more his dad. I heard stories of him coming into the lockeroom at halftime yelling to the team about not getting Kris the ball and totally upstaging Monson

Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger is expected to watch 2017 guard McKinley Wright this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When does he get an offer? If Dorsey is gone offer him today. I would like him as a Gopher regardless though,

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So offers are now out to both John and Reuvers for 2017, but officially we only have one scholarship available for that class. Somebody on the current roster has to be on their way out the door so Pitino could get both, no? Diedhiou? Buggs? Dorsey?

So offers are now out to both John and Reuvers for 2017, but officially we only have one scholarship available for that class. Somebody on the current roster has to be on their way out the door so Pitino could get both, no? Diedhiou? Buggs? Dorsey?

Buggs' scholarship is the only one we have open right now for 2017. If he were to leave this year, and if we were to replace him with a JUCO or another incoming freshmen, we technically wouldn't have any scholarships open for 2017. That won't happen though - we'll likely sign two in the Fall at least. There is almost always roster movement and I'm sure we'll find out how it impacts us within the next couple of weeks.

Go Gophers!!

Per Ryan James the Gophers have offered 2017 PG McKinley Wright

That's significant news. Getting in on the local guys is important. That having been said, I don't know how good he is but if he has OK looking at him, he must be pretty good.

2017 SF Jericho Sims has received an offer from the Gophers. Pitino busy today!!

5 MN kids in the same class with Gopher offers. That's pretty wild.

Gophers have offered 5 instate guys plus 2 guys from New Heights (Kimani Young's former program) in Keith Williams and Isaiah Washington. There are other offers out there as well, but that's a nice group of 7 guys to focus on.

PG: Wright or Washington
Wing: Williams or Trent (j/k)
4: Reuvers or Sims (could be a wing)
5: John

Gophers have offered 5 instate guys plus 2 guys from New Heights (Kimani Young's former program) in Keith Williams and Isaiah Washington. There are other offers out there as well, but that's a nice group of 7 guys to focus on.

PG: Wright or Washington
Wing: Williams or Trent (j/k)
4: Reuvers or Sims (could be a wing)
5: John

247's list of everyone we've offered for 2017: http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Offers

Isaiah Washington, Theo John, and McKinley Wright are all listed as having "warm" interest, with Washington being the highest rated of all of them. Nate Reuvers and Jericho Sims are both unranked. McKinley Wright's interest surprises me a bit, since other high majors have been after him for awhile, and it seems we could be considered "late to the party."

We likely won't get top 10 recruit and #1 SG Hamidou Diallo, but credit to Pitino's staff for being the first ones to offer him all the back in September of 2014.

Chances we end up with 2 of the 7? How big a factor will the Gophers' non conference performance be in December? Will these guys wait to declare until after Christmas? Do we accept the lesser of the 7 guys any time soon shutting out the higher rated guys? If we get two commitments that means somebody will be leaving with eligibility...how will that effect team chemistry? Almost has to be two guys, not just one doesn't it?

Chances we end up with 2 of the 7? How big a factor will the Gophers' non conference performance be in December? Will these guys wait to declare until after Christmas? Do we accept the lesser of the 7 guys any time soon shutting out the higher rated guys? If we get two commitments that means somebody will be leaving with eligibility...how will that effect team chemistry? Almost has to be two guys, not just one doesn't it?

Early signing period for hoops next year is November 9-16(http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html). As of today, the Gophers have two scholarships that are scheduled to be available for this 2017 class: the scholarship currently belonging to Charles Buggs and the scholarship currently belonging to Akeem Springs.

Buggs and Springs are our two seniors. We can take on two 2017 recruits without forcing a transfer.

Edit: I see EG beat me to it.

Go Gophers!!

none

he needs to sign 3. hoping its wright, reuvers and throw in either john or simms. that would be a very good class coming off an 8-23 season. a scholarship will open up in the spring. they always do. I think every school in the big 10 had defections this spring. is there a school that didn't lose a player this spring?

he needs to sign 3. hoping its wright, reuvers and throw in either john or simms. that would be a very good class coming off an 8
I agree I would like us to sign three as well. I know Gaston and Konate are old for Juniors, I think they're 23, wonder if either is close to their degree. My wish list would be
1. Trent Jr Won't happen, but one can dream. need a good season and for him to wait until Spring for even a 1% chance of it happening
2. Theo John, realistic top choice, would be a perfect fit
3. Washington/Wright Washington a higher rated player, Kimani has a connection, but we need a guard in this class, preferably someone who can play point as insurance for if we lose out on Tre in 2018
4.Reuvers/ Sims I liked Reuvers the couple time I've seen him, could be a nice stretch four for us. may need a redshirt. don't know a whole lot about Sims, but 6'9" and having the ability to guard the three spot is intriguing

Early signing period for hoops next year is November 9-16(http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html). As of today, the Gophers have two scholarships that are scheduled to be available for this 2017 class: the scholarship currently belonging to Charles Buggs and the scholarship currently belonging to Akeem Springs.

Thanks, I was in football February timeline mode and spaced out on the availability of two scholarships already being open...appreciate the heads up. I'm still very curious if we get two of these 7 guys and how the priorities are balanced. I agree two guys in the fall and a third guy in the spring seem likely. Just which two guys...do you wait for John if one or two others raise their hand. What if Reuvers or John or Sims decides he wants to be a Gopher...is the other guy a guard? etc Kind of like poker, almost impossible to know how this plays out, especially without a feel for how interested any of these guys really are in Minnesota. No gut feeling to guess from for us after talking to them and reading their tells or sitting at the table to know what cards have been played already.

I'd rather see John or Sims over Reuvers. As for the rest of the offers, Wright or Washington would be good. Will any of these guys wait till spring?

Thanks, I was in football February timeline mode and spaced out on the availability of two scholarships already being open...appreciate the heads up. I'm still very curious if we get two of these 7 guys and how the priorities are balanced. I agree two guys in the fall and a third guy in the spring seem likely. Just which two guys...do you wait for John if one or two others raise their hand. What if Reuvers or John or Sims decides he wants to be a Gopher...is the other guy a guard? etc Kind of like poker, almost impossible to know how this plays out, especially without a feel for how interested any of these guys really are in Minnesota. No gut feeling to guess from for us after talking to them and reading their tells or sitting at the table to know what cards have been played already.

Exit of Dorsey almost guarantees a guard in this class. Had you still had Dorsey, Mason, McBrayer, Coffee, Sharpe you could almost get away with no guards in this class, even then we are light on the guard/wing. I think Pitino ultimately fills the Dorsey/Springs and Jarvis spots that are open at the moment with at least one guard in the upcoming class.

Isn't Jarvis' spot already filled?

Isn't Jarvis' spot already filled?

Yes, by the incoming recruiting class or Murphy depending on how you look at it. But my point is at one point Pitino wanted another guard on this roster and has not replaced it yet. We got one of Murphy Curry Hurt or Coffey because of the opening by Jarvis. none of them are PG material.

Top Bottom