All Things Gopher Baseball

Gophers to play in Karbach Round Rock Classic, Feb 21-23, at Dell Diamond. Other teams include Virginia, Oklahoma, Oregon State.

@beavergopher

Ryerse coming to Minnesota might save the program. He's that good. Best hitter in the state since his sophomore year. If he keeps his arm healthy, he's top 3-5 pitcher in state. East Ridge doesn't win last 2 titles without him..

NCAA rule changes for 2025 announced. Nothing too earth-shattering - expanded communication devices, pitch/action clock tweaks, etc. One that sticks out to me is approval of optional safety base for all games including post-season (...though it isn't clear if both teams have to agree...).

From Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.

Ethan Felling flips from TCU to the Gophers, so far the roster reduction is a plus for the Gophers

From Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.

Are they permanently eliminating baseball at U.S. Bank stadium after 2025? I seem to recall that being a pretty big selling point during it's construction. It isn't just the Gophers that rely on it. Lots of D2, D3 and JUCO's all use it.

Ethan Felling flips from TCU to the Gophers, so far the roster reduction is a plus for the Gophers
Very nice get for the Gophers. Just speculation on my part, but Ryerse and Felling play on same club team.

Are they permanently eliminating baseball at U.S. Bank stadium after 2025? I seem to recall that being a pretty big selling point during it's construction. It isn't just the Gophers that rely on it. Lots of D2, D3 and JUCO's all use it.
That's frankly how they got the state to chip in. They have been trying to price everybody out from day one.

https://x.com/PrepBaseballMN/status/1828843804947865646

Prep Baseball Report's Top Ten for the MN class of 2025...

1Luke RyerseMNEast Ridge2025RHPMinnesota
2William HaasMNRockford2025LHPTennessee
3Nicholas TerhaarMNPROCTOR SENIOR HIGH2025RHPIowa
4Eli KokengeSDHarrisburg2025RHPMinnesota
5Hunter VaDeerMNLYLE SECONDARY2025OFCreighton
6Ethan FellingMNMAHTOMEDI SENIOR HIGH2025LHPMinnesota
7Owen MarsolekMNDuluth Marshall2025LHPWestern Kentucky
8Patrick BinneboseMNROCKFORD SECONDARY2025RHPUNCOMMITTED
9Ben SniderMNPrior Lake2025LHPSoutheast Missouri State
10Nick BowronMNRochester Lourdes2025CCreighton

Added one more transfer in OF Parker Knoll who had been committed to Louisville.

Minnesota State posted their 2025 baseball roster and it appears they added quite bit of D1 transfers.

Hunter Day (Burnsville,MN/NIACC/Missouri St)
Ben Palmer (Fridley/Iowa Western CC/Southeast Missouri St)
Brady Jurgella (Menasha,WI/Madison CC/Minnesota)
Ike Mezzenga (Shoreview,MN/Minnesota)
Logan Milene (Rochester,MN/NIACC/Eastern Michigan)
Brandon Vlcko (Cedar Rapids,IA/South Dakota St/Southeastern(IA) CC)

They return INF Aiden Byne (Eagan,MN) & LHP Nathan Culley (Anoka,MN), who are two very high-end players.

Augustana (SD) added (that I know of):

INF Troy Berg (Dickinson,ND/Univ of Jamestown/Iowa Central CC)
RHP Harry Blum (Fridley, MN/Luther College)

They return the D2 National Player of the Year SS Jack Hines.

Minnesota State posted their 2025 baseball roster and it appears they added quite bit of D1 transfers.

Hunter Day (Burnsville,MN/NIACC/Missouri St)
Ben Palmer (Fridley/Iowa Western CC/Southeast Missouri St)
Brady Jurgella (Menasha,WI/Madison CC/Minnesota)
Ike Mezzenga (Shoreview,MN/Minnesota)
Logan Milene (Rochester,MN/NIACC/Eastern Michigan)
Brandon Vlcko (Cedar Rapids,IA/South Dakota St/Southeastern(IA) CC)

They return INF Aiden Byne (Eagan,MN) & LHP Nathan Culley (Anoka,MN), who are two very high-end players.

Augustana (SD) added (that I know of):

INF Troy Berg (Dickinson,ND/Univ of Jamestown/Iowa Central CC)
RHP Harry Blum (Fridley, MN/Luther College)

They return the D2 National Player of the Year SS Jack Hines.
That Palmer Mankato added sure hit a bunch of home runs last year. 18 of them along with 11 doubles.

That Palmer Mankato added sure hit a bunch of home runs last year. 18 of them along with 11 doubles.
I wandered over to Mankato today to watch them scrimmage Dakota County Tech.

Palmer hit the first pitch he saw probably over 400 feet. Very impressive. Appears the best among their new transfers. Mezzenga, Vlcko, Byrne also homered.

Last edited:

I wandered over to Mankato today to watch them scrimmage Dakota County Tech.

Palmer hit the first pitch he saw probably over 400 feet. Very impressive. Appears the best among their new transfers. Mezzenga, Vlcko, Byrne also homered.
Mavs can swing it. They’re gonna be a problem in Regions.

Miken Miller from Rogers High School and now at Johnson County CC is participating in the Jayhawk Conference showcase this weekend. Hit .380 for them this season.

Top Bottom