All Things Gopher Baseball

Gophers to play in Karbach Round Rock Classic, Feb 21-23, at Dell Diamond. Other teams include Virginia, Oklahoma, Oregon State.

@beavergopher

Ryerse coming to Minnesota might save the program. He's that good. Best hitter in the state since his sophomore year. If he keeps his arm healthy, he's top 3-5 pitcher in state. East Ridge doesn't win last 2 titles without him..

NCAA rule changes for 2025 announced. Nothing too earth-shattering - expanded communication devices, pitch/action clock tweaks, etc. One that sticks out to me is approval of optional safety base for all games including post-season (...though it isn't clear if both teams have to agree...).

From Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.

Ethan Felling flips from TCU to the Gophers, so far the roster reduction is a plus for the Gophers

From Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.

Are they permanently eliminating baseball at U.S. Bank stadium after 2025? I seem to recall that being a pretty big selling point during it's construction. It isn't just the Gophers that rely on it. Lots of D2, D3 and JUCO's all use it.

Are they permanently eliminating baseball at U.S. Bank stadium after 2025? I seem to recall that being a pretty big selling point during it's construction. It isn't just the Gophers that rely on it. Lots of D2, D3 and JUCO's all use it.
That's frankly how they got the state to chip in. They have been trying to price everybody out from day one.

Top Bottom