All Things Ellis/Foster Thread UPDATED 5/15 Ellis signs w/ MSU, Foster signs w/ TTech

station gave the best possible answer even if that "maybe" was not one of the choices. I happen to agree with the Alexandria Flash.

Actually I saw a yes and then a no so I figured a maybe was next in line.

Thanks for the compliment anyway.:)

Per @foster_34 Down here at Texas tech on my official visit

Yeah, Tubby couldn't recruit...but I guess Ellis is good enough for Izzo.

Just think of how good he would have looked passing the ball around the perimeter, playing in an offense that had no direction or motives. That would have been awesome to watch!!!

Izzo has NEVER been wrong about a recruit.

*cough* Isaiah Dahlman *cough*

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the Ellis vs McNeil battles:)

Damn, I liked Ellis, thought he would've been a solid scorer, probably be a good bench player for Sparty, was hoping he wouldn't sign in the big ten

Damn, I liked Ellis, thought he would've been a solid scorer, probably be a good bench player for Sparty, was hoping he wouldn't sign in the big ten

Gives us somebody to boo for 4 years. Minnesota loves a guy we can boo.

Izzo has NEVER been wrong about a recruit.

*cough* Isaiah Dahlman *cough*

Yeah, that'll be the interesting part to see - how he compares to the other ones that got away to MSU. Does he end up as a two-time All-America like Greg Jones or anchoring the bench like Dahlman? Almost certainly somewhere in between, but this is a bitter pill to swallow and will be extremely painful if he becomes an all-conference performer. Still, it was the honorable thing to do to release him the moment he asked out. That's the right thing to do.

Well hopefully Pitino works wonders here and has Ellis wishing he never would have backed out of coming here!

I think it's more likely Pitino wishing Norwood had made 2 timely phone calls.

Exactly! Tubby's gone...now his recruit Ellis goes to Izzo. Pitino better step up his recruiting fast. He loses out on the Big 3 then some Pitino Bashers will start to show up in Gopherhole.

Exactly! Tubby's gone...now his recruit Ellis goes to Izzo. Pitino better step up his recruiting fast. He loses out on the Big 3 then some Pitino Bashers will start to show up in Gopherhole.

So you admit that Tubby's gone.

I think it's more likely Pitino wishing Norwood had made 2 timely phone calls.

I'm afraid of this as well. I still don't get letting him out of his LOI hours before the coach is named. It makes no sense. Norwood should explain this.

The Pitino Bashers will show up after every loss. No one can account for or control the lunatic fringe and high school kids. Our new AD put Coach P. behind the eight ball by running off 2 good recruits. They should be working future classes instead of scrambling to set the squad for next season. Tubby left them in good shape.

Good lord, get over it. Tubby is gone. Everyone is sick of your bitching and straw man arguments. Nobody said Tubby didn't recruit any good players here. They had problems with his late Spring recruits.

I'm afraid of this as well. I still don't get letting him out of his LOI hours before the coach is named. It makes no sense. Norwood should explain this.

He doesn't need to. The actions and results speak for themselves. (1) Ellis wasn't so excited about playing for the U that he could wait 9 or 10 days to see who the coach would be, (2) when Pitino was hired Ellis expressed no interest in meeting with him but instead went about checking out his other options, (3) our athletic directors didn't view the 2 incoming recruits as that important or irreplaceable, or they would've been calling them, and (4) obviously Pitino didn't think they were that special...with the timing as you note, Pitino obviously didn't urge his new bosses to keep the recruits on the hook until he could talk to them, or put on any sort of press once he was hired (we would've heard about it).

Is Ellis just another guy (as his middling 3* rating on all 3 major scouting services would suggest) or an underrated star in waiting? I guess we'll see.

He doesn't need to. The actions and results speak for themselves. (1) Ellis wasn't so excited about playing for the U that he could wait 9 or 10 days to see who the coach would be, (2) when Pitino was hired Ellis expressed no interest in meeting with him but instead went about checking out his other options, (3) our athletic directors didn't view the 2 incoming recruits as that important or irreplaceable, or they would've been calling them, and (4) obviously Pitino didn't think they were that special...with the timing as you note, Pitino obviously didn't urge his new bosses to keep the recruits on the hook until he could talk to them, or put on any sort of press once he was hired (we would've heard about it).

Is Ellis just another guy (as his middling 3* rating on all 3 major scouting services would suggest) or an underrated star in waiting? I guess we'll see.

poppycock

The Pitino Bashers will show up after every loss. No one can account for or control the lunatic fringe and high school kids. Our new AD put Coach P. behind the eight ball by running off 2 good recruits. They should be working future classes instead of scrambling to set the squad for next season. Tubby left them in good shape.

It'll take more than a few losses for many people to turn into "Pitino bashers." He hasn't been around nearly long enough for sane people to lose patience.

Why do some posters sitting in a lazyboy and/or at a keyboard figure they know so much more than a D1 AD that is actively involved the the situation?

Why do some posters sitting in a lazyboy and/or at a keyboard figure they know so much more than a D1 AD that is actively involved the the situation?

It's the GopherHole way.

Top Bottom