All Things EA College Football 25

Also explains why this helment pops up on the select screen for the Gophers. Thought it was out of place initially lol.
Screenshot 2024-06-07 100330.png

50/50 chance they pronounce it as "ski" instead of "sky"
I believe crowd noise and chants were either recorded from live games or supplied by schools so hopefully it's pronounced right!

The thing I'm slightly worried about is the school songs. Those were all recorded by EA and I worry they may have an old arrangement of the rouser or they might not have used the right instrumentation and it might sound weird.

I preordered the game so I'll find out on July 16th!

I believe crowd noise and chants were either recorded from live games or supplied by schools so hopefully it's pronounced right!

The thing I'm slightly worried about is the school songs. Those were all recorded by EA and I worry they may have an old arrangement of the rouser or they might not have used the right instrumentation and it might sound weird.

I preordered the game so I'll find out on July 16th!
i also preordered, and if that is my biggest complaint when it's all said and done I'll be pretty damn happy. More worried about the game engine and how it plays as well as the dynasty game mode being mediocre.

Gameplay first look:

My first gripe, as a former marching band member, is that no one in the marching band in the background of the game during the cutscenes is marching in time with each other. Like that's one of the most important things a marching band does!

Like, I know that the game is focused on the football part but with how big a game they were talking about how they were replicating the sights and sounds of college football because "Every team is someone's favorite team" you think the least they could do was have the marching band models in the background march in time with one another! Especially when you claimed to have former marching band members on staff who helped with recording songs and cadences and cheers!

Like, either they didn't care enough to synchronize the marching OR they did and thought it looked to robotic when it was perfectly in sync and instead of adding a little variance to the animation to make them only 98% in sync (randomly some start a millisecond early, some start a millisecond late, etc) they just completely randomized the marching and called it good.

Aireontae Ersery lands in the top 25 of highest rated players in the entire game at # 24 and a 93 overall per the Top 100 player release today
Our highest rated player has a higher rating than anyone on Bama’s roster……Playoffs here we come!!!

Yikes, that head spin animation is not at ALL what the real life Goldy does. Honestly, the animation in the game is kinda creepy, cause it has like no emotion behind it.....
Yeah that was pretty weird. Still cool regarding the effort put into the game, I'm not going to complain too much about it!

I've barely played any EA football games since the last NCAA Football. 10+ years. So all the things people are nitpicking look like vast detail improvements on what I'm used to.

I still pine for the old NFL2K games, and before that Tecmo Super Bowl. I never got that into Madden.

I've barely played any EA football games since the last NCAA Football. 10+ years. So all the things people are nitpicking look like vast detail improvements on what I'm used to.

I still pine for the old NFL2K games, and before that Tecmo Super Bowl. I never got that into Madden.
John Elway Quarterback with the fast WR cheat was the best. Could easily run out the quarter on one play.

And one of my favorite clips from Family Guy.

I got the game and played after work yesterday, it was pretty awesome. I noticed a few things, but overall I was just giddy to be playing a college football video game again. I had to buy the entire setup since I didn't have the console, but it'll keep my college buddies and I busy I'm sure all fall semester long this year.

What I did notice that was weird/wrong...

* Gophers are on the wrong sideline at home. Wondering if we maybe switched this year and they know something we don't, but I highly doubt that. To my knowledge, none of the other schools I played against were on the wrong sideline, so maybe just something they missed.
* Goldy was wearing the wrong uniform a few times. I wanted to go full banana one game, and Goldy was in last year's maroon jersey and pants. It's especially interesting since those uniforms aren't an option to wear in the game so I wouldn't be surprised if they added them in.
* Band is wearing the wrong uniforms. Small detail but would've been cool to see them in the actual uniforms they wear at home.
* Dragan Kesich kicks with the wrong foot. As a left-footed kicker myself (the guy who shanked the punt, pass, kick vs. Wisconsin last year) I took offense.
* No coach in pregame tunnel. I guess in a dynasty where Fleck doesn't exist it makes sense, but it'd still be cool to see the coach lead the players out like he does in real life. I wonder if Fleck were to leave the U if we'd keep that tradition or throw it away?
* No purple lamborghini. Would've been so cool to hear that when kicking...

Reading the reviews, this is about what I’d expect from EA. Make sure the big schools (I read the OSU review and it’s down pat, same as PSU) are very well done and then at least try do a reasonable job with others. I’m hoping by time I’m back to my Xbox in a month, the first patch has hit to fix all these random cosmetic things (there’s apparently a guy for ECU who’s a 12 overall). Things like the game engine/running mechanics look Madden like but faster with guys making a bunch of weird, unrealistic body movements, but as someone who just plays to recruit and build the gophers into a dynasty, I’ll get over that. Just happy to have CFB back

Reading the reviews, this is about what I’d expect from EA. Make sure the big schools (I read the OSU review and it’s down pat, same as PSU) are very well done and then at least try do a reasonable job with others. I’m hoping by time I’m back to my Xbox in a month, the first patch has hit to fix all these random cosmetic things (there’s apparently a guy for ECU who’s a 12 overall). Things like the game engine/running mechanics look Madden like but faster with guys making a bunch of weird, unrealistic body movements, but as someone who just plays to recruit and build the gophers into a dynasty, I’ll get over that. Just happy to have CFB back

For some odd reason, they removed Total Overall from the recruiting screen. You can scout players, but you get like 10 random stats. Not even the same stats for the same position. For example, you can scout a QB and find he has a 17 rating for Tackle. Its so weird. I'm ending up with several recruits that are in the mid 60's, which never happened in the last game. You also can't cut kids you just recruited, like you used to. So be careful about over signing. I averaged about 2 or 3 kids leaving at the end of each season, which is about what happened in the other game. The transfer portal is nice because basically you get to off season recruiting and you have a whole 2nd pool of players to look at to fill holes. And they ruined the recruiting screen sort function. You can sort by interest levels (1-10), but it doesn't do a secondary sort to show you the highest rank player that has you first overall. Just stupid things they should have done better.

I played way too fucking late last night, it's been everything I hoped for. The button usage on RPO is really weird to adjust to at first and I feel like they altered the read option a bit so it's more confusing, but overall it's an absolute blast. Recruiting is dense but not overcomplicated and the overlays are fun to see between plays. I started a dynasty as the OC of Kent State, we'll see how long it takes me to land a bigger job. I started on All American mode at first but the differences in the gameplay made it frustrating to manage along with the newer speed of the game (its fast and the blocking realism is light years better) I'll switch it back up once I start trouncing people. That being said, I played Penn St on their turf and the home field advantage dynamic is wild. Absolutely a system seller, I know there are little gripes here and there but they treated this one with due care. And I fking hate EA.

For some odd reason, they removed Total Overall from the recruiting screen. You can scout players, but you get like 10 random stats. Not even the same stats for the same position. For example, you can scout a QB and find he has a 17 rating for Tackle. Its so weird. I'm ending up with several recruits that are in the mid 60's, which never happened in the last game. You also can't cut kids you just recruited, like you used to. So be careful about over signing. I averaged about 2 or 3 kids leaving at the end of each season, which is about what happened in the other game. The transfer portal is nice because basically you get to off season recruiting and you have a whole 2nd pool of players to look at to fill holes. And they ruined the recruiting screen sort function. You can sort by interest levels (1-10), but it doesn't do a secondary sort to show you the highest rank player that has you first overall. Just stupid things they should have done better.
I also get annoyed when it shows your player being a gem or a bust but you have no idea why because, like you said, you don't see an overall rating.

Top Bottom