All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

The kid seems to want to play cold football and in the big ten. Hope we get him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hope he's a great QB. I've just tempered my expectations with these guys so as not to ask "why was I let down?" Every time one of these higher-ranked with risk guys does not pan out.

What's the risk again? If it's that he might not pan out as a player, then every recruit is a risk. He has no off field issues or academic issues in his past.

What's the risk again? If it's that he might not pan out as a player, then every recruit is a risk. He has no off field issues or academic issues in his past.

No risk...I'm excited if he comes. However, he was rated a high-4 star player but most of the big boys faded away in the past few months. The point is we're going to say "another 4-star failure we are cursed" when there were red flags on his stock given that there are a bunch of recently perennially unranked teams as the only remaining bidders.

I've heard rumors of academic on this thread and other places but who knows.

Regardless, if he comes. I'm excited. He has talent.

I think that Snelson faded a bit when it became apparent that he doesn't have elite speed. He does run good routes. is very sure handed, he projects very well into the role KJ May played. He may not be a game breaker but an important piece in a consistent offense.

No Gophers. Wow.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've heard rumors of academic on this thread and other places but who knows.

He graduated from HS early and is taking college classes. Find something else to worry about.

EDIT: so as to not cause confusion, this is in response to talk about Seth Green, not Snelson.

No Gophers. Wow.

This is why following recruiting closely is borderline crazy. A team (Penn State) can step in two weeks before signing day, and they are in the top 4; while the team he is "committed" to (Minnesota) appears to be on the outside looking in. No one knows what goes through these kids' heads at a time like this.

This is why following recruiting closely is borderline crazy. A team (Penn State) can step in two weeks before signing day, and they are in the top 4; while the team he is "committed" to (Minnesota) appears to be on the outside looking in. No one knows what goes through these kids' heads at a time like this.

Rule of thumb - any kid who says they are committed, but is still taking other visits is not committed. They are looking for something better. 100% of the time. 100. Whenever anyone posts a "can't blame a kid for wanting a free trip" comment I have to laugh as they are either extremely naive or just delusional. This includes both Snelson and Durr. Not saying they can't end up here, but they are hoping for something better. Similar to when you ask a girl to a dance and they say, "I'd love to, but let me get back to you in a couple days". That happened to all of us, right?

He graduated from HS early and is taking college classes. Find something else to worry about.

EDIT: so as to not cause confusion, this is in response to talk about Seth Green, not Snelson.

Yeah, I was talking about Snelson.

Rule of thumb - any kid who says they are committed, but is still taking other visits is not committed. They are looking for something better. 100% of the time. 100. Whenever anyone posts a "can't blame a kid for wanting a free trip" comment I have to laugh as they are either extremely naive or just delusional. This includes both Snelson and Durr. Not saying they can't end up here, but they are hoping for something better. Similar to when you ask a girl to a dance and they say, "I'd love to, but let me get back to you in a couple days". That happened to all of us, right?

This is spot on.

Very odd to not have the team you are supposedly committed to in your top 4. Hopefully this is something the coaches have known about for some time.

Yeah, I was talking about Snelson.

Sorry if I misunderstood. You did reply to a comment someone made about a statement you had RE Green so I thought you were saying Seth may have academic issues. Yeah, I have no clue about Snelson in that regard, although it may explain the odd recruitment he has had. SPECULATION!

Completely agree.

From Pat Lammer's twitter page:"Pat Lammer
@PLamRecruiting
Covering HS football/recruiting for @SunSentinel ... 28 years sports experience at 6 newspapers | Univ. of Iowa grad | Love my wife, travel, music & Hawkeyes"

Not sure I'd 100% buy into what he's staying.

Bingo.

Oh I absolutely agree. I followed recruiting much closer 2-3 years ago, and this past couple years has been a much better way to follow. Don't hang on every word of kids- good or bad. Things can change, and decommits happen all the time. It doesn't make the kids horrible or anything, as they're just doing what they feel is best for them. Let the cards fall where they may.

Yeah, this is why I just can't get excited about recruiting anymore. Just like how you can't celebrate touchdowns now until "replay confirms it", you also can't get excited about recruits when they "commit". Let me know when it's February.

This is why we need an early signing period, it would end these stupid charades that people go through. If someone commits in June and doesn't sign in October or whenever it is, you know you can move on and spend your effort elsewhere. I love this idea more every day.

From Pat Lammer's twitter page:"Pat Lammer
@PLamRecruiting
Covering HS football/recruiting for @SunSentinel ... 28 years sports experience at 6 newspapers | Univ. of Iowa grad | Love my wife, travel, music & Hawkeyes"

Not sure I'd 100% buy into what he's staying.

He doesn't even have a Miami offer I thought?

Matt Jessen-Howard Retweeted
Pat Lammer ‏@PLamRecruiting 20h20 hours ago
Flanagan (@DirtybirdNation) '16 WR Dredrick Snelson (@D_Snelson2) tells me tonight it will come down to #PennState, #Miami, #UCF & #Maryland

Can we finally remove him from the committment list and move on?

That's a lie. I haven't named my top schools. But that is them.

If one is "committed", they don't have 4 schools. They have one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The initial tweet is accurate. As Hawk Harrelson likes to say, "He gone."

As others have said that doesn't really bode much better for us since if he was truly committed the answer would be "I don't have a top 4 because I am committed to the U of M".

He is like a fiancee' who has an itch that wouldn't quit.

She is looking for a bigger sugar daddy. :cool02:

I'm still sitting on the possibility of Snelson signing. No reason not to.

Dredrick, you want to play some ball? You'd see extensive field time here for your full four years of eligibility.
You have a *chance to be the immediate "go to" target of a senior QB who is improving every year, and is looking to have his best ever, and is backed up by a four star signee in Seth Green AND Demry Croft.

Great education, great campus, great game atmosphere, great corporate possibilities for a future professional career after football, if needed.

C'mon up son!

Top Bottom