All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

I saw he still has the Gophers as his number 1 choice.

You would hope that would be the case since he is apparently a verbal commit. If the school you committed to isn't #1 on your list....well that wouldn't make much sense....of course we are talking the world of recruiting so making sense isn't always a priority.

Well if he is 100% for the U of M then there shouldn't need to be any sort of hat ceremony right? Based on everything this kid has done would you expect him to do anything less then a massive "look at Me" show?

Hit the nail on the head, he's a "kid". If you could get free trips, wouldn't you? Take your gopher fandom out of the picture. These kids only get this kind of attention, once, let them eat it up. If he's true to us, he'll show it on Wed and we'll be elated to have him. If not, moving on, next man up.

Hit the nail on the head, he's a "kid". If you could get free trips, wouldn't you? Take your gopher fandom out of the picture. These kids only get this kind of attention, once, let them eat it up. If he's true to us, he'll show it on Wed and we'll be elated to have him. If not, moving on, next man up.
Exactly. Not many people turn down (legitimate) free vacations.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep - just trying to get a free vacation. smh

If I was in a position like that I would absolutely enjoy the ride for all it was worth. The only issue I have with Snelson's handling of the situation is the verbal commit aspect of the whole thing. I get that verbals mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things but if you are going to give one to a school then you shouldn't be posting your picture in another teams jersey or telling recruiting sites that you won't name your leaders.

It is what it is, hopefully he signs here, but my gut tells me when it is all said and done his verbal won't mean squat based on how he is handling the process. Hope I'm wrong. We could really use talented receivers around here, those have been in really short supply for quite some time now.

Five OVs is like mana from heaven.

Exactly. Not many people turn down (legitimate) free vacations.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You mean he didn't have to sit through the Timeshare presentation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions
UCF
33%
Miami
20%
Maryland
13%
Minnesota
13%
Penn State
13%

Considering Snelson is currently committed to MN, 247 Sports is not very optimistic he follow through with his commitment.

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions
UCF
33%
Miami
20%
Maryland
13%
Minnesota
13%
Penn State
13%

Considering Snelson is currently committed to MN, 247 Sports is not very optimistic he follow through with his commitment.

not sure if they saw the gi tweet, but snelson told matt that he's staying committed.

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions
UCF
33%
Miami
20%
Maryland
13%
Minnesota
13%
Penn State
13%

Did you see the most recent predictions?

My guess is whichever hat he puts on his head, it won't matter. He won't be wearing that's team's colors this fall.

I've heard academic rumblings but you are obviously a respected poster...do you have any other details of this to share?

CRYSTAL BALL Predictions
UCF
33%
Miami
20%
Maryland
13%
Minnesota
13%
Penn State
13%

Most of these predictions are wrong. It's pretty much a three horse race between MN, UCF, and PSU. But recent predictions have him staying committed.

If I was in a position like that I would absolutely enjoy the ride for all it was worth. The only issue I have with Snelson's handling of the situation is the verbal commit aspect of the whole thing. I get that verbals mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things but if you are going to give one to a school then you shouldn't be posting your picture in another teams jersey or telling recruiting sites that you won't name your leaders.

It is what it is, hopefully he signs here, but my gut tells me when it is all said and done his verbal won't mean squat based on how he is handling the process. Hope I'm wrong. We could really use talented receivers around here, those have been in really short supply for quite some time now.

Consider this, when he verbal committed, it was when the Daniels twins had committed. When they opened up their recruiting, he basically did the same thing. Taking visits and such isn't that big of a thing. If he does the hat thing on wednesday, meh, if he picks the Gopher hat, we'll all know. I think he'll pick us.

We should definitely take him for his word then.

I am on vacation in Belize, possibly the only gopher fan down here following, and fully plan to be welcoming him aboard by this time tomorrow.

I am on vacation in Belize, possibly the only gopher fan down here following, and fully plan to be welcoming him aboard by this time tomorrow.

he may prefer to defer. some kids make the decisions later-------plan accordingly.

I have 2 different tweets drafted - just need to know which to send him.

Don't get bit by a skeeter.

My Crystal Ball changed. I'm not questioning his loyalty (as he suggested) and he's putting on our hat tomorrow. Ski-U-Mah!

Do we know when he is going to announce his decision tomorrow?

Top Bottom