All Things Dain Dainja Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020) Gophers Offered

curious. 247 transfer portal lists his elegibility as immediate. Does that mean starting next season, or as soon as he transfers including yet this season?

curious. 247 transfer portal lists his elegibility as immediate. Does that mean starting next season, or as soon as he transfers including yet this season?
That would be crazy if he could play this season but who the hell knows in the year 2021 and the NCAA. He redshirted last year and then played 9 minutes this year. Perhaps a relative recently got sick.

That would be crazy if he could play this season but who the hell knows in the year 2021 and the NCAA. He redshirted last year and then played 9 minutes this year. Perhaps a relative recently got sick.
I don't know the rules anymore. Is it possible he could be eligible for the Spring semester though?

I don't know the rules anymore. Is it possible he could be eligible for the Spring semester though?
i was wondering that. but, did the coaches hand out that last scholarship to one of the walk ons?

i was wondering that. but, did the coaches hand out that last scholarship to one of the walk ons?
I think we can go beyond 13 this year? Or you tell him it was Fall Semester only. :cool:

I'd happily welcome him, but I trust the coaches. I'm biased towards MN players. He'd be a stud at St Thomas

Rule is that a player can’t play for two different teams in the same season.

He is a redshirt freshman. He burned a year at Baylor this season by appearing in regular season games, so he will have three years left for whatever team he ends up with.

Rule is that a player can’t play for two different teams in the same season.

He is a redshirt freshman. He burned a year at Baylor this season by appearing in regular season games, so he will have three years left for whatever team he ends up with.
must enter the transfer portal by May 1 for fall and winter sports. "missed it by that much"

So if he wouldn't have played for them this Fall semester, he could've come here and played for our Spring semester?

I am coming home. Played at Park Center, but doesn't consider Minnesota home, interesting.
I noticed when he received offers from Northwestern and DePaul back in 2018, he did the "Hometown!". Almost positive that's where Dana, his father, is from. Maybe he was born there, lived there?

I noticed when he received offers from Northwestern and DePaul back in 2018, he did the "Hometown!". Almost positive that's where Dana, his father, is from. Maybe he was born there, lived there?
his father Dana Jackson (Baba-Dainja El) played for the gophers in the early 90s. Dana grew up and played his high school ball in Crystal Lake IL. i think i read Dain was born in IL

crystal lake IL, the first place i had frozen custard

Last edited:

I thought he moved to the Twin Cities in his middle grades from Chicago. I've been trying to find where I read that but can't find it anywhere now. Anyone with information on this?

Cling to that "It was never about Pitino" mantra. Treasure it.
I never said that dumb dumb. I know you don't have a fully functioning brain, but I've said numerous times I think Pitino was putrid and was awful at recruiting in state. You're just not a smart enough person to understand Pitino can suck and Suggs can be a liar - - those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

That said, qre you going to keep avoiding the question from the other thread.

Do you believe that Jalen Suggs was going to essentially give up a half season of basketball last year to take hits, practice, bulk up and play football at the U? Yes or No.

Now, you're a known f'n idiot, so you might think it is possible that Suggs was really contemplating going that route, but even you (a known idiot) seems to be avoiding this simple question.

Also, you don't know what "mantra" means because you're a known f'n idiot.

I thought he moved to the Twin Cities in his middle grades from Chicago. I've been trying to find where I read that but can't find it anywhere now. Anyone with information on this?
From a Champaign site

The forward announced just over a week ago he would be leaving the Bears program after playing in three games this season. Dainja was born in Chicago before playing high school basketball in Minnesota.

I never said that dumb dumb. I know you don't have a fully functioning brain, but I've said numerous times I think Pitino was putrid and was awful at recruiting in state. You're just not a smart enough person to understand Pitino can suck and Suggs can be a liar - - those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

That said, qre you going to keep avoiding the question from the other thread.

Do you believe that Jalen Suggs was going to essentially give up a half season of basketball last year to take hits, practice, bulk up and play football at the U? Yes or No.

Now, you're a known f'n idiot, so you might think it is possible that Suggs was really contemplating going that route, but even you (a known idiot) seems to be avoiding this simple question.

Also, you don't know what "mantra" means because you're a known f'n idiot.
You should throw in a few more f bombs and childish names. That'll make your point stronger.

You should throw in a few more f bombs and childish names. That'll make your point stronger.
So you're still not going to answer the question? Why do you keep punting on this?

Do you think Jalen Suggs was going to essentially give up a half season of basketball last year to take hits, practice, and play football at the University of Minnesota? Yes or No.

Your entire attempt at an argument can be summed up by answering that question. We know you're a f'n idiot, but now we get to see if you're also a coward. C'mon, you can do it. Answer the simple question.

By the way, you still don't know what the word "mantra" means and I wasn't calling you an idiot to insult you, it's a fact. You struggle with really basic concepts but it doesn't stop you from being incredibly opinionated.

So you're still not going to answer the question? Why do you keep punting on this?

Do you think Jalen Suggs was going to essentially give up a half season of basketball last year to take hits, practice, and play football at the University of Minnesota? Yes or No.

Your entire attempt at an argument can be summed up by answering that question. We know you're a f'n idiot, but now we get to see if you're also a coward. C'mon, you can do it. Answer the simple question.

By the way, you still don't know what the word "mantra" means and I wasn't calling you an idiot to insult you, it's a fact. You struggle with really basic concepts but it doesn't stop you from being incredibly opinionated.
I think Suggs, Dainja, and others were telling the truth when they said Pitino is a big reason they weren't interested in playing for the UofM.

That seems simple enough, and rather easy to believe. Pretty much every indication over the past several years is that Pitino had lost the respect and friendship of much of the local amateur basketball community.

That you seem tied to defending your take that they're all liars, and you're telling the real truth, seems rather pathetic.

But knowing your ethics from the OTB, I'm not surprised. And I'm not surprised you resort to names and insults when you've obviously backed yourself into yet another corner.

Last edited:

Top Bottom