All things D2 and D3 football 2022

Yep, that was me and was thoroughly shouted down so perhaps I’m wrong; although Olsen and Tarpley would probably each have 25 tackles and beat the piss out of most of MIAC chumps trying to block them. I get that many feel that’s the dumbest opinion shared on this site and perhaps they are correct but I think I’m one upped by the guy on this thread who says Bemidji is a shit hole or the drive there isn’t fun — what? A football stadium right on the lake and overall a great part of northern Mn the poster must be from Edina.
The best part is the poster is from Sartell. So he’s already like 90 minutes closer than the metro to bemidji

Yep, that was me and was thoroughly shouted down so perhaps I’m wrong; although Olsen and Tarpley would probably each have 25 tackles and beat the piss out of most of MIAC chumps trying to block them. I get that many feel that’s the dumbest opinion shared on this site and perhaps they are correct but I think I’m one upped by the guy on this thread who says Bemidji is a shit hole or the drive there isn’t fun — what? A football stadium right on the lake and overall a great part of northern Mn the poster must be from Edina.
Well, I do think the drive to Bemidji is kind of long and awful. But it's a nice city.

Nobody from Sartell or anywhere in Stearns County has the right to judge any other locale in this state.
As a former resident of Sherburne county you’re correct. Some really nice areas in Central MN

While on the Bemidji topic, it surprised me that today's game is their first home playoff game ever. I would have thought somewhere in their 96 years including NAIA they would have had a home playoff game.

Oops - forgot to post this.

D3 Football playoffs start today.

MIAC teams in action:

Northwestern-St. Paul at St. John's - Noon
(winner will play the winner of Wartburg vs UW-La Crosse)

Bethel at Wheaton, Ill - Noon
(winner will play the winner of Linfield vs Pomona-Pitzer)

looks like free video feed for St. John's game. Bethel may be on a Facebook feed from Wheaton. not sure.

Update - MIAC teams both win in D3 Football playoffs on Saturday.

St. John's rolls over Northwestern-St. Paul 49-0.
the Johnnies will host Wartburg next week, after Wartburg held off UW-LaCrosse 14-6.

and playing in snow and 35-mph winds, Bethel holds off Wheaton, Ill 34-32.
Bethel will play Linfield in the next round. Linfield defeated Pomona-Pitzer 51-24.

Last edited:

MIAC announces post-season Football awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: Jaran Roste, QB, Bethel

Defensive POTY: Michael Wozniak, DL, St. John's

Lineman OTY: Zachary Jakes, DL, Gustavus

Rookie OTY: Devin Williams, DB, Bethel

Coach OTY: Gary Fasching, St. John's

All-Conference teams were announced. Jaran Roste of Bethel named All-Conference for the 4th time - only the 11th player in conference history with 4 All-Conf awards.

Update - MIAC teams both win in D3 Football playoffs on Saturday.

St. John's rolls over Northwestern-St. Paul 49-0.
the Johnnies will host Wartburg next week, after Wartburg held off UW-LaCrosse 14-6.

and playing in snow and 35-mph winds, Bethel holds off Wheaton, Ill 34-32.
Bethel will play Linfield in the next round. Linfield defeated Pomona-Pitzer 51-24.
Maple Grove would beat NW St. Paul /s

Two Minnesota schools are left in the DII playoffs. Minnesota State Mankato defeated Wayne State 26-9 and Bemidji State ran past Winona State 31-7.

Next up, Bemidji St. will play undefeated Angelo St. of Texas and MSU Mankato will take on Colorado School of Mines. CSM defeated Colorado State Pueblo in the first round 45-24.

Two Minnesota schools are left in the DII playoffs. Minnesota State Mankato defeated Wayne State 26-9 and Bemidji State ran past Winona State 31-7.

Next up, Bemidji St. will play undefeated Angelo St. of Texas and MSU Mankato will take on Colorado School of Mines. CSM defeated Colorado State Pueblo in the first round 45-24.

BSU goes from playing on the frozen tundra to decent weather out in West Texas. That should be fun for them, though Angelo State is really good.

BSU goes from playing on the frozen tundra to decent weather out in West Texas. That should be fun for them, though Angelo State is really good.
Like the reverse for the 81 Chargers, hot Miami to freezing Cinncy.

MIAC teams in the D3 Playoffs on Saturday:

St. John's (10-1) will host Wartburg (11-0) at Noon.

Wartburg is holding teams to 6.1 points per game. 5 shutouts in 11 games.

Bethel (9-2) is on the road to face Linfield (10-0) in Oregon. 2:00pm kickoff Central time.

Linfield won its opener by 7 pts. since then, it has won every game by at least 18 points.
BTW - Linfield beat St. John's 31-28 in the 2nd round of the D3 Playoffs last year.

winners advance to the Quarter-finals.

Wartburg blew out some really bad teams. Couple close games against good competition. I think St John’s wins but it’ll be close. Johnnies should be home next week as well with a win.

Bethel will lose to Linfield. That region for bethel is brutal.

Wartburg blew out some really bad teams. Couple close games against good competition. I think St John’s wins but it’ll be close. Johnnies should be home next week as well with a win.

Even if Bethel upsets Linfield somehow, then they have to play the winner of the defending national champs (UMHB) and a very tough Trinity TX team (the top seed) just to get to the semifinals. Yeah, that region is tough.

I think St. Johns got some luck with both of the WIAC teams getting bounced in the first round. I'm guessing that hasn't happened often in the D3 playoffs.

Even if Bethel upsets Linfield somehow, then they have to play the winner of the defending national champs (UMHB) and a very tough Trinity TX team (the top seed) just to get to the semifinals. Yeah, that region is tough.

I think St. Johns got some luck with both of the WIAC teams getting bounced in the first round. I'm guessing that hasn't happened often in the D3 playoffs.
For sure. Bethel is just in a really tough corner of the bracket. They’d play a top 15 followed by two top 5 teams to make the semis. Was telling my dad that this AM about St Johns. Not that it’s an easy path because all of these teams are good but nice to be home and against what may be lesser teams. Weather likely was a factor for a few of those upsets.

as a UST fan and D3 I’d love to see bethel or St. John’s make a run to the final 4 or win a national title
I feel like d3 football in Mn was hurt by UST losing. Need a reason for non d3 fans to pay more attention again

All 4 games can be found online.
Watching St. Johns right now. Down 9 - 3 late in the first quarter.

St John's really struggling today. Couple bad TOs, failed to score inside the 3, had a punt blocked. Just ugly football.

Bethel with the opportunity to play in the Cruthedral in next week's quarterfinals. That should be a hard hitting affair. Great win by Bethel today.

MIAC teams in the D3 playoffs:

Wartburg beat St. John's 23-20.
---rough day for the Johnnies. threw 4 INT's and had a punt blocked for a Wartburg TD.

Bethel defeats Linfield 30-13.
---Roste 19-of-24 passing for 214 yds and 3 TD's. Bethel wins total offense 373 to 261.
--Royals will face Mary Hardin-Baylor in Texas in the Quarter-finals. UMHB is 11-1. only loss to UW-Whitewater in 2nd game of year.

The D2 season is over for Minnesota teams. Angelo State of Texas defeated Bemidji State 33-7, while Colorado School of Mines edged Minnesota State Mankato 48-45.

Final Standings for the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, Minnesota teams in bold.
1. Bemidji State, 10-3
1. Minnesota State Mankato, 10-3
2. Wayne State (NE), 9-3
3. Minnesota Duluth, 8-3
3. Sioux Falls (SD), 8-3
3. Winona State, 8-3
4. Augustana (SD) 7-4
5. Northern State (SD) 6-5
6. Minnesota State Moorhead, 4-7
6. Southwest Minnesota State, 4-7
7. University of Mary (ND), 2-9
8. Concordia St. Paul, 1-10
8. Minot State (ND), 1-10
8. Upper Iowa, 1-10

Whatever you do, don't start wagering your house on your predictions. St. John's lost and Bethel won.

Whatever you do, don't start wagering your house on your predictions. St. John's lost and Bethel won.
I am way ahead betting D1 football and NFL this year. I am surprised by those results.

St. John’s failed to score from the 3, had a punt blocked and threw 4 INTs. Didn’t see that coming

I am way ahead betting D1 football and NFL this year. I am surprised by those results.

St. John’s failed to score from the 3, had a punt blocked and threw 4 INTs. Didn’t see that coming
The 3 inch line, then had a chance at a safety, but couldn't tackle the RB in the end zone on the next two plays.

Top Bottom