All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Absolutely.
Why should people who play a sport and are not paid live in a bubble with no outside interaction for 6-7 months? As a result, they cannot interact with family, friends, or in public at all. Do you they think should do this for your entertainment?

Why should people who play a sport and are not paid live in a bubble with no outside interaction for 6-7 months? As a result, they cannot interact with family, friends, or in public at all. Do you they think should do this for your entertainment?

You don’t think scholarship players are being compensated for playing football? Putting that aside, many of them have pro potential. As I said, they’re already isolating themselves, for the most part.

No reason not to include Wisconsin in this mix, their governor is as strict as Walz. If Wittmer in Michigan cancels football, that would probably finally drag down her poll ratings. I know Walz is a big Gopher football fan, and while he’d say that won’t affect his decision, it may subconsciously help us.
From West Virginia:
FYI Gee is hated by numerous folks in academia. Guy has jumped around 5 academic institutions bc he is nothing but controversy. Would take anything from that gentleman w a large grain of salt. Same man who eliminated the organized athletic department at Vanderbilt (consolidated with another organization and the move was thought to impair w football recruiting/budget).

Got an idea

Buy the cheep masks at a buck each.

Go down to Lows or Home Depot and buy the #9, 3M air filter for air conditioners. This filter can filter out bacteria and viruses.

Cut the filter into 4 & a half by 4 and a half strips.

Place the virus filter in between the 2 cheep $1 masks and then hot glue the virus filter between the 2 $1 face masks.

I bought the air filter and the standard masks but have not put them together yet. It be as hard to breath through as an M95 mask. I have used an M95 mask and it is hot and you want to take it off after an hour. My mask idea would probably feel the same way but should protect you from the virus.

I have both N95 masks and the basic surgical masks that I have to wear sometimes for work. I’m thankful I have a choice. If you do any amount of talking with the N95, you’ll want to take it off within a minute.

Yelling on 1st downs will likely be a challenge too...

Up for it.

BTW...Talon, you're alright but please get a dictionary. Bird masks a.k.a. "cheep" ones just won't work.

And a gravity type of check valve apparatus, so when you tip your head back, it allows beer to flow freely.

Got an idea

Go down to Lows or Home Depot and buy the #9, 3M air filter for air conditioners. This filter can filter out bacteria and viruses.

Place the virus filter in between the 2 cheep $1 masks and then hot glue the virus filter between the 2 $1 face masks.

I bought the air filter and the standard masks but have not put them together yet. It be as hard to breath through as an M95 mask. I have used an M95 mask and it is hot and you want to take it off after an hour. My mask idea would probably feel the same way but should protect you from the virus.
So many things wrong here...

Save the money and use a folded up paper towel and duct tape.

It doesn't matter, healthy young people are not affected by the disease. The old and sick should be watching at home.

Got an idea

Sounds good, but can the hooch get through it?

I gather that Von has asthma, a designated risk factor. Team doctors should exclude players with risk factors.
The limited studies that have come out so far are showing those with asthma don't seem to be showing up at a higher rate of hospitalization or death. His respiratory symptoms are consistent with what others experience.

Anyhow, going through and recovering from this has been described as pretty horrific.

The limited studies that have come out so far are showing those with asthma don't seem to be showing up at a higher rate of hospitalization or death. His respiratory symptoms are consistent with what others experience.

Anyhow, going through and recovering from this has been described as pretty horrific.

My contacts at North Memorial are describing significant improvement in therapies. In the early days, NYC hospitals were more likely to kill patients than save them because they didn't understand the progression of the disease. They have learned a lot in the last two months. The mortality rates are dropping.

Be careful about latching on to some anecdotal experience. We now know that the vast majority of COVID-19 infections create only minor symptoms. We only hear about the bad ones.

We should open up the stadiums for healthy fans willing to take the risk of contracting a minor illness.

My contacts at North Memorial are describing significant improvement in therapies.

Be careful about latching on to some anecdotal experience. We now know that the vast majority of COVID-19 infections create only minor symptoms. We only hear about the bad ones.
Wouldn't your "contacts" at North Memorial be providing you with anecdotal experience?

We are rapidly coming up on the date the Athletic Department told us they would make an announcement about the upcoming football season. My speculation on what they will or could or should do is as follows:

They will need to set a "drop dead" date for season ticket resubscription. They will need the next three months to go through the process of upgrades and new season ticket sales plus mail outs, etc. My guess is that for this process they just can't punt again and make it all work. They will need to guarantee a full refund for all games not open to season ticket holders in the future. And yes, this must include the so called "donation".

They will announce some form of limited football "practices".

They will announce another punt on fall classes until a date where the governor gives them some further clarity.

I am growing slightly more optimistic about the odds that football will be played as scheduled this fall - but I just don't see fans in the stands at all this season.

The current case numbers and fatalities would have to go down considerably before that happens. Potentially, I could see some kind of a system with a cap on attendance - maybe 25% full - by the end of the season. Warning - they could make mask-wearing a requirement.

As far as the U - here's a wild guess:

they announce two plans - one with fans in the stands and one with no stands. fans will still have to make deposits, etc - which would be refunded at some future date if no fans are allowed - OR (more likely) the deposits would carry over to 2021.

Top Bottom