All things Colton Iverson Thread

Wow you are crazy if you do not think that Tubby would love to have Rodney at 3, Trevor at 4, and Colton at 5...that is a top 5 3-5 in the nation (if not better)....

Colton would not be on the team this year had he stayed ...

RSIII getting playing time here, ever over Colton Iverson never made any sense. The officiating, that screwed CI all the time, never made any sense.

The handling of Colton Iverson, and his playing time made me question Tubby Smith. Sampson was awful, yet Tubby stood by Sampson, yet buried others.

His decisions on playing time and PR do seem to suck.

He is a bit of gambler and also is very stubborn...... a very odd combination

All things Colton Iverson Thread.

:D

Colorado State is 5-0 and Colton is the leading scorer with like 16ish point a game.

I was one that was actually sad to see him go and wish him the best.

And yes, I know that have played nobody, but glad to see him doing well.

P.S. Figured he deserved a thread as he was much more of a Gopher than many others with their own thread.

Seems like a lot of players that transfer from tubby do really well elsewhere....cobbbs, royce, Colton, devoe, etc

Well, everyone knew Royce was a stud.

Cobbs and Colton transferred to weaker conferences, so it's apple and oranges. Yes, they are having success and that's great for them. There is a reason they transferred, however. They wanted more playing time in the Big Ten, and they weren't gonna get it. Well, that's mainly the reason. Devoe just wanted to smoke weed.

Colt also was forced to play in the high post because we had Mbakwe. CSU is just a better situation for him since he can play to his strengths and get more playing time. Glad to see him doing well.

transfers

Well, everyone knew Royce was a stud.

Cobbs and Colton transferred to weaker conferences, so it's apple and oranges. Yes, they are having success and that's great for them. There is a reason they transferred, however. They wanted more playing time in the Big Ten, and they weren't gonna get it. Well, that's mainly the reason. Devoe just wanted to smoke weed.

The pac-12 could have two top 10 teams at the end of the year... this year (Arizona and UCLA). I would have loved to have Cobbs and colton last year. I agree they transfered for playing time, and in Cobbs case homesickness, but to insinuate they weren't talented enough.. you are smoking something.

Colton started many games at pf? Really a near 7 footer with post move but no lateral quickness. Colton outplayed Sampson on a number of occassions and never replaced him in the starting lineup. I would have transfered also. CSU made the tourney with a team of guys all under 6'6". They will appreciate Colton. Anyone with any basketball sense who saw Tubby play Colton on the highpost and guarding pf's or playing the wing in a 2-3 defense when he was a much more physical presence then Sampson just had to shake their heads.

Yes Colton had questionable hands, and yest the refs totally screwed him, but I also question how he was used by Tubby. If Mbakwe wants time in the NBA he needed to play the high post on occassion and hit that free throw line jumper, and learn to pass down to the post. Mbakwe did start hitting that shot later in his career and he can now pass that lob down.. so its just bad timing i guess.

I don't really disagree with much of what you said, I think Cobbs would be getting major PG minutes this year, but UCLA is not even close to a top 10 team.

UCLA could turn it around they have more talent than any team save Kentucky and Indiana. Muhammed will be a top 3 pick. Anderson is a potential lottery pick as well. The Wears are decent college players, Adams has talent, not to mention Powell and Josh Smith. They are a young team with maybe too much talent and not enough role players. But i wouldn't love to have to play them if they turn it around in the tourney. I am not sure was Muhammed even practicing with the team, he did miss the first 3 games.

Josh Smith is transferring and I really can't see Kyle Anderson (aka Slo Mo) being a lottery pick. Should be a very good college player though.

I saw that Smith is tranfering. I haven't seen Anderson play but ESPN has him as the 5th best player in the class, you can argue with them.

I saw that Smith is tranfering. I haven't seen Anderson play but ESPN has him as the 5th best player in the class, you can argue with them.

I don't think I need to. I can't find him projected as a lottery pick on ESPN or anywhere else. He's probably the most unique player I've ever seen, which makes it hard to project him to the next level since you can't really compare him to anyone, but I just can't see a guy as ridiculously slow as he is (yes, his nickname actually is Slow Mo, I didn't make that up) being highly sought after by NBA teams. We'll see though. He is very, very skilled for a guy his size and I expect him to have a great college career even though it's gotten off to a slightly slower start than I originally expected.

I haven't seen him play. I am just guessing that a majority of players listed in the top 10 eventually become lottery picks. I didn't insinuate this year. Is he really 6'9"? How fast was Magic? Kevin Love? Know what I mean? Anyway my entire point is this years pac-12 is a ton better than last years. Cobbs, Joseph, Walters, Iverson, all have enough talent to be effective big 10 players.

Colt would have been a huge asset for us last year. After Trevor went down we had zero toughness in the front court. Colt wouldn't have averaged the gaudy numbers he is at CSU but he would have had a good year & our team would have been better.

A few things to dispel. 1) RS3 never took his minutes. They played two distinct positions. 2) It always amazes me that people are unable to grasp that players mature & get better over 4-5 years, especially big men. Colt as a Sr would absolutely have played ahead of Elliot, Ingram & Mo. 3) Getting calls = Seniority. Especially for a big physical guy like Colt (Or even Elliot). You're just not going to get many calls as an underclassman. You sort of earn them & by the time you're a Senior, you'll get more than your share.

I think EE could be just as good as Colt. Colt45 didn't look much better than EE as a sophomore.

Colt would have been a huge asset for us last year. After Trevor went down we had zero toughness in the front court. Colt wouldn't have averaged the gaudy numbers he is at CSU but he would have had a good year & our team would have been better.

A few things to dispel. 1) RS3 never took his minutes. They played two distinct positions. 2) It always amazes me that people are unable to grasp that players mature & get better over 4-5 years, especially big men. Colt as a Sr would absolutely have played ahead of Elliot, Ingram & Mo. 3) Getting calls = Seniority. Especially for a big physical guy like Colt (Or even Elliot). You're just not going to get many calls as an underclassman. You sort of earn them & by the time you're a Senior, you'll get more than your share.

This is such a myth, and a horrible one at that. This is no better than the crazies who cry out that the NBA is rigged.

This is such a myth, and a horrible one at that. This is no better than the crazies who cry out that the NBA is rigged.

Go ahead and tell me Kobe Bryant or LeBron don't get more calls than some rookie 2nd rounder.

I'll hang up & listen...

Go ahead and tell me Kobe Bryant or LeBron don't get more calls than some rookie 2nd rounder.

I'll hang up & listen...

So you're saying the NBA and NCAA is fixed? Okay... Of course Kobe and Lebron are going to get more calls than a rookie 2nd rounder. A rookie 2nd rounder doesn't know how to draw a foul. A rookie 2nd rounder doesn't know to defend. The average NBA player can't even do both of those. Lebron and Kobe get calls because they make the defender uncomfortable, they get the defender off his feet. They beat the defender with ease that they foul to avoid giving up an easy bucket. You're saying the NCAA and NBA is fixed. You are saying that the refs are told to give stars and veterans the calls. That is pathetic and a joke, and something a Minnesota fan would most assuredly say.

Conspiracy theories are the saddest excuse for losing there is.

Going off air... later bro.

P.S. Lebron fouled out of game 4 of the eastern conference finals last year on one of the worst calls of the series.

I think EE could be just as good as Colt. Colt45 didn't look much better than EE as a sophomore.

Iverson was much better offensively than EE, even as a Freshman, they really don't need alot of points from EE though so that may impact how he is used.

So you're saying the NBA and NCAA is fixed? Okay... Of course Kobe and Lebron are going to get more calls than a rookie 2nd rounder. A rookie 2nd rounder doesn't know how to draw a foul. A rookie 2nd rounder doesn't know to defend. The average NBA player can't even do both of those. Lebron and Kobe get calls because they make the defender uncomfortable, they get the defender off his feet. They beat the defender with ease that they foul to avoid giving up an easy bucket. You're saying the NCAA and NBA is fixed. You are saying that the refs are told to give stars and veterans the calls. That is pathetic and a joke, and something a Minnesota fan would most assuredly say.

P.S. Lebron fouled out of game 4 of the eastern conference finals last year on one of the worst calls of the series.

I can see your very emotional by the bombastic language you decided to use. Deep breath, splash some cold water on your face, collect yourself. It's a benign issue, not one that should make you stoop to name calling & hyperbole. Still, I stand by what I said. A Senior in the B1G, who the refs have been familiar with for 4 years, is more likely to get a call than a Freshman. I never said it's "fixed" or that the refs "are told to give stars & veterans the calls"...that's just you being dramatic. Just like I never blamed losing on a conspiracy (I don't even understand where that came from or what it refers to???). What I'm saying is that there are rules & then there are rules. Just like in the NBA where stars get calls that scrubs don't. Just like MLB where the plate is a little bit bigger for a Cy Young winner than for a rookie, etc. Not a conspiracy, just the natural order of things.

If you think that Kobe & Lebron and other superstars don't get calls that others wouldn't then you are delusional. Everything you said is probably true for the most part but the superstar players still get the benefit of the doubt over other players. It's not a conspiracy theory and it's probably not even conscious, but it happens.

A few things to dispel. 1) RS3 never took his minutes. They played two distinct positions. 2) It always amazes me that people are unable to grasp that players mature & get better over 4-5 years, especially big men. Colt as a Sr would absolutely have played ahead of Elliot, Ingram & Mo. 3) Getting calls = Seniority. Especially for a big physical guy like Colt (Or even Elliot). QUOTE]

What two distinct positions are you talking about. They both are too slow to guard anything but centers. Tubby played them both out of necessity, love of the high low, or stubborness to play young guys and let them make mistakes. I agree seniority means everything in the NBA as does star power. Not so much in college. Colt got screwed because he usually got bumped/pushed first then he pushed back and got called for it. Then he got known as a phyical player for the elbows and the refs made every close call against him. I wish Colt the best, i still say RSIII was promised to start when healthy, because he did even when he had the worst games I've ever seen. Colt with 19 pts, 14 reb, 1 turnover last night as CSU lost at colorado. I'm guessing they don't play him on the high post there. 2 teams who should make the tourney by the way. He is averaging 17p, 11.6 reb, 1.7 ass, 2.4 to, shooting 61% from field and 73% from the free throw line. When he left 2 years ago I told everyone he could dominate in a weaker conference if he was used correctly.

Check the source of the article.

You think the Gopher's main enemy is Wisconsin?? Wrong!
Iowa?!? WRONG!

It's Jeff Goodman.

Top Bottom