All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

immediate playing time at St. John's as been greatly diminished. Durand Johnson, a grad transfer from Pitt just committed to St. John's.

immediate playing time at St. John's as been greatly diminished. Durand Johnson, a grad transfer from Pitt just committed to St. John's.

Well, I wonder if we still have a shot at him. I'm not optimistic but I'd still love it.

Well, I wonder if we still have a shot at him. I'm not optimistic but I'd still love it.

What if? What if Ellison said Minnesota? What if Boucher decided he wanted to come too? And what if Lynch and Lofton were both walk ons? I'd dance if that happened...after somebody revived me.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Certainly didn't expect Ellison to commit to Minnesota and I can't be 100% sure the staff still would have taken after taking Gilbert, but still disappointing. Of the guys we were after in the Spring, he looked like the best prospect to me.

Look kid, you're not your father. Why not reclassify to 2016 if you still feel the need for more attention?

I'm over Ellison. He always seemed like he was waiting for a desperate, last second blueblood offer.

It was always reported his family wanted him to stay close to home and he did. He chose a school with a former NBA star as the coach and a chance to play in MSG, likely a dream for most kids who grew up in that area. We can't beg for talent to stay home in Minnesota then rip a kid who does exactly that somewhere else in the country. We made a great case and missed on him. I wish him well and move on to kids who did choose to be part of the Gopher program.

It was always reported his family wanted him to stay close to home and he did. He chose a school with a former NBA star as the coach and a chance to play in MSG, likely a dream for most kids who grew up in that area. We can't beg for talent to stay home in Minnesota then rip a kid who does exactly that somewhere else in the country. We made a great case and missed on him. I wish him well and move on to kids who did choose to be part of the Gopher program.

What...so he didn't commit?

POLLYANNA!!

At least it wasn't in the B1G. It looks like Pitino knew after the last visit that he wasn't ready to commit to the U, so he moved on and got Gilbert. It is a shame with all the time we put in, but it happens, at least we got another good player. Will be interesting to see how they each develop in college.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least it wasn't in the B1G. It looks like Pitino knew after the last visit that he wasn't ready to commit to the U, so he moved on and got Gilbert. It is a shame with all the time we put in, but it happens, at least we got another good player. Will be interesting to see how they each develop in college.

Such is recruiting.

At least it wasn't in the B1G. It looks like Pitino knew after the last visit that he wasn't ready to commit to the U, so he moved on and got Gilbert. It is a shame with all the time we put in, but it happens, at least we got another good player.

Yes, good for Pitino. Let's hope he has a similar plan in place in case Boucher doesn't commit. He may be looking at a player or two that we haven't heard much about.

It worked out well for Nate in place of Tumtum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the word on VCU decommit Jordan Murphy? He has 3 official visits remaining. Looks like there's a couple new articles on Rivals from yesterday: 1. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=910&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1761890 2. https://minnesota.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=935&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1761868
I know he has MN on one of his lists. In a good way. Although not sure how much of a shot we have. IMO, he would be one of the best pickups of this class. It has surprised me a little bit he isn't talked about more, maybe because people feel we have less of a chance at him?

What's the word on VCU decommit Jordan Murphy? He has 3 official visits remaining. Looks like there's a couple new articles on Rivals from yesterday:

1. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=910&script=/content.asp&cid=1761890

2. https://minnesota.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=935&script=/content.asp&cid=1761868

His list is: Oregon, Texas, Tennessee, Indiana, Minnesota, Gonzaga, UCLA, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State

Sounds like the favorite is Texas, it makes sense considering that's where Shaka went.

Yeah, think about Izzo and Tyus.

Sounds like the favorite is Texas, it makes sense considering that's where Shaka went.

UT have ten returning and two commits. Looks like Smart is targeting former VCU recruit Mack with that last spot. Doesn't look like he's trying to run anyone off or an existing player or recruit wants out, but you never know

Wow, really thought we would get him on campus.

What if Ellison told Pitino he was committing to Minnesota, so Rich had to tell Boucher there weren't anymore scholarships available...so that's why we are off Boucher's list.

Sigh...A man can hope. Hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things.

What if Ellison told Pitino he was committing to Minnesota, so Rich had to tell Boucher there weren't anymore scholarships available...so that's why we are off Boucher's list. Sigh...A man can hope. Hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things.

Or Rich told him he was headed to Florida. lol

Looks like Ryan James confirmed it. Wtf. Pretty disappointed in this news. We need fromtcourt help badly. Not too confident going into next season with King, Bakary, Gaston, and Nwankwo as our bigs next year.

Looks more and more possible Russo will take the last scholarship. Not sure if that's good or bad. He definitely isn't what we wanted.

Top Bottom