All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

I just spoke to Creative Charters and the only way they'd be looking to put together an additional shorter package is if this one nears a sellout.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to stay in Orlando for 6 nights, but a shorter package would be awesome.

Thank you so much for the tips! I'm glad that we picked a good hotel. We went from 2 in our group yesterday, to 9 already!

Haha - as an admin, we'd LOVE to do this, trust me. But we have no pull! With that being said, I have heard back from Sun Country, and they are working on possibly getting a charter for GopherHolers. If it doesn't happen, it's not for their lack of trying...they have been great. Just keeping my fingers crossed they can do it, just heard back from my contact 20 minutes ago. I assured him we'd have NO trouble filling up a plane. I think we could fill up 10! I will keep you posted!

At least we got our tickets and hotel :)

Nadine: Thanks for all the foot work you do on behalf of Gopherholers and Gopher fans in general. I am certain it is much appreciated by all. Cheers!

With that being said, I have heard back from Sun Country, and they are working on possibly getting a charter for GopherHolers.

Thanks for the feedback GL. Come on sun Country!!!

That would be amazing! Please let them know we'd love an air only package too!!!!

Air only would be great, I'd rather arrange my own hotel. That way, those of us who want luxury can have it, and those that just want a cheap motel with Froot Loops for the continental breakfast can have it.

Thank you so much for the tips! I'm glad that we picked a good hotel. We went from 2 in our group yesterday, to 9 already!

Haha - as an admin, we'd LOVE to do this, trust me. But we have no pull! With that being said, I have heard back from Sun Country, and they are working on possibly getting a charter for GopherHolers. If it doesn't happen, it's not for their lack of trying...they have been great. Just keeping my fingers crossed they can do it, just heard back from my contact 20 minutes ago. I assured him we'd have NO trouble filling up a plane. I think we could fill up 10! I will keep you posted!

At least we got our tickets and hotel :)

Thanks for the work. I have a group of 8 that is committed to going, but we are trying to figure out the best way. Airfare is ridiculous, if Sun Country can put a cheaper flight out it would be great. I agree, we can find our own hotel accommodations. Thanks for your work.

Two sections have already sold out, Field Level Midfield is on the 2nd Section.
This is good news, unless of course you haven't bought your ticket!

Field Level Corner (Sec. 141) $85.00 (Sold out)
Field Level Goal (Sec. 139) $100.00 (Sold out)
Field Level Midfield (Sec. 134-135) $130.00

Sorry for dumb question, first bowl game.

So GopherSports/Alumni Association is pimping the seats on one side of the stadium (e.g. 129 through 139).

Safe to say that's the "Gopher side" or is that not how it works?

I would like to take my 13 year old girls but right now the prices are too much. Hopefully Sun Country puts something together

So GopherSports/Alumni Association is pimping the seats on one side of the stadium (e.g. 129 through 139).

Yes, see the section being sold on the Gophers website. That should give you a good idea of where Gopher fans will be sitting.

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/BowlCentral

Yes, that's the Gopher/B1G side of the stadium.

Yes, it's behind the Gopher bench.

All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities ...

I'm not gonna be able to buy tickets till I know for sure how many people I have coming. Part of me just wants to buy 4 right now and just hope I get 4 people. The other part of me doesn't want to count me to jump to far ahead. I'm sure there will be plenty available a few days from now. I just need to calm down. Lol

This is crazy - Tickets are going fast. I had to upgrade to Red-Zone to get something decent.

Bottom Line: if this keeps up, Gophers will have shed the "doesn't travel well" reputation.

Anybody ever been there (TAW, looking at you) that suggest Plaza level over lower deck or vise versa in which is better?

Anybody ever been there (TAW, looking at you) that suggest Plaza level over lower deck or vise versa in which is better?

I've never been, but when I evaluate seating locations and am deciding where to sit in stadiums I've never been to I always check out "A View From My Seat."

Link for the Citrus Bowl: aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Florida+Citrus+Bowl/

Two sections have already sold out, Field Level Midfield is on the 2nd Section.
This is good news, unless of course you haven't bought your ticket!

Field Level Midfield (Sec. 134-135) $130.00

That is great news. Hopefully it is/was a vast majority Gopher fans who have already sold out those sections. Ski-U-Mah!

I'm not gonna be able to buy tickets till I know for sure how many people I have coming. Part of me just wants to buy 4 right now and just hope I get 4 people. The other part of me doesn't want to count me to jump to far ahead. I'm sure there will be plenty available a few days from now. I just need to calm down. Lol

Deep breath, deep breath. ;)

And another one sold out...
Field Level Midfield (Sec. 134-135) $130.00 (Sold out
Looks like this may be the next to go: Field Level Red Zone (Sec. 136-137) $120.00

Looks like this may be the next to go: Field Level Red Zone (Sec. 136-137) $120.00

Was hoping for midfield but had to settle for red zone. So pumped! haven't been to a Gopher game (or any football game as a fan for that matter) in two years.

I've never been, but when I evaluate seating locations and am deciding where to sit in stadiums I've never been to I always check out "A View From My Seat."

Link for the Citrus Bowl: aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Florida+Citrus+Bowl/

Keep in mind, the entire lower level of the stadium was torn down and re-built - this will be the first Citrus Bowl with the renovated stadium.

We just locked down four seats in P41-43 - should be a good view, directly above the marching band.

Last night that Spirit Flight was around $157....today its up to $456....not saying its related to the FB game but odds are it is....It's been hovering around $157 for the past week until today.

I worked in Revenue Management for a car company, the system automatically adjusted rates on a daily basis based on bookings (supply/demand), route lookups, etc., looks like they may incorporate the same type of technology.

This is great news, glad I got our 4 right away at 9AM this morning, we're in 134-135. Keep up the good work Gopher Fans!

@afurry91: okay, i am going to take back my earlier comment on agreeing and saying yeah, just breathe. based on the updates of sections selling out quickly looks like you may want to tell your group to get a move on. hey worse problems to have right?! ;)

@afurry91: okay, i am going to take back my earlier comment on agreeing and saying yeah, just breathe. based on the updates of sections selling out quickly looks like you may want to tell your group to get a move on. hey worse problems to have right?! ;)

My guess is he will still be fine. At the very least there will be some available through ticketmaster and stubhub.

Already went to away games @TCU and @Madison this year so I wasn't planning on going. But now I'm getting the itch.. Guess I need to decide fast.

We locked down 5 in 141earlier.
Group of 15 going but 10 are retirees from near Orlando that got their tickets on secondary market.

Everything upper deck is the old part of the stadium built in the 1970's

Keep in mind Gopher fans that everything upper deck is bench seating, narrow rows and the old part of the stadium. Upper deck has a weird slant to it too, your facing kind of crooked even if your seating between the 40 and 50 yard line side. you have to come down to use the restrooms and concessions down the ramps at the ends.
Avoid staying in any hotels that are near the stadium, anything in the suburbs is better than anything near the stadium site even a dumpy town like Bradenton has better cheaper hotels than near the stadium itself.

The suggestion that TAW made about parking pass is legitimate, if you do not get a parking pass to the stadium ahead a time finding parking is going to be a real "grind for you". UBER raises rates a ton when events like this happen so I would not count on UBER cars or shuttle.

Top Bottom